Home Precious Metals

Look for silver to go lower this week.

Just got an email from APMEX with silver 1 oz rounds for 79 cents over spot. It seems like they always know something's coming.....

Amazing

Tom

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just bought a lot of silver so you can be certain that silver prices will fall.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Would not surprise me, it's getting into the $18.00 to $20.00 boogie. I'm a buyer at $18. Take care. jws
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got an email from APMEX with silver 1 oz rounds for 79 cents over spot. It seems like they always know something's coming.....

Amazing

Tom >>

Did you get this too?

SHUCH A DEAL, LOLOL!!

Nothing like overpaying $50 a roll.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i picked some up at the local coin show so dollars to donuts itll go south for the time being
  • PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭
    Sounds about right. I just placed my largest ever order of silver yesterday!
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are all becoming pros in catching falling knives. image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • "We are all becoming pros in catching falling knives"

But are we getting ready to run out of hands?????

I am trying to buy several rolls of ASE's to fill in the year gaps I need and it just still kills me to see the 500 dollar plus wanted for these older rolls. Folks it still silver and last time I looked silver was 19+ so how are they getting 25+ each........

Keep stacking

Tom
    I'd like to pick up a couple ounces of gold, but not at current prices.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I'd like to pick up a couple ounces of gold, but not at current prices. >>

I bet you're waiting for $1500image
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

<< <i>

<< <i>I'd like to pick up a couple ounces of gold, but not at current prices. >>

I bet you're waiting for $1500image >>

That's dumping territory.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    for the time being silver will continue to lead the pack as asset prices decline and cash is hoarded. $17 is my current target. At the same time I expect strong hands to slowly raise physical premiums to compensate.

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    I'll say premiums wont rise, there is more silver than sand out there now...
    The precedent is they haven't with any duration as prices have plunged already ...

Edit to add, strong hands have absolutely nothing to do with premium, as stated, the market is awash in silver, and will continue to be,
    I would expect premium to rise in a fast rising market which, most may not ever see, or for awhile at least...
    keceph `anah
    At $17 spot, it would take a fair premium in order for me to shake any loose.
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Just got an email from APMEX with silver 1 oz rounds for 79 cents over spot. It seems like they always know something's coming.....

Amazing

Tom[/q

Assuming that they are well hedged and have no need to sell. Just another promotion.

<< <i>I'll say premiums wont rise, there is more silver than sand out there now...
    The precedent is they haven't with any duration as prices have plunged already ...

Edit to add, strong hands have absolutely nothing to do with premium, as stated, the market is awash in silver, and will continue to be,
    I would expect premium to rise in a fast rising market which, most may not ever see, or for awhile at least... >>

Strong hands have everything to do with premium.

<< <i>

<< <i>I'll say premiums wont rise, there is more silver than sand out there now...

I would expect premium to rise in a fast rising market which, most may not ever see, or for awhile at least... >>

Strong hands have everything to do with premium. >>

Strong hands have nothing to do with premium...
    keceph `anah
    What u personally hold on to is meaningless as is what u buy in regards to spot price...
    Don't know who u trying to fool besides yourself...
    keceph `anah
    Also someone posted here that they sold a 1/2 bag of silver at 35?38? Faintly remember...

they were strong hands cause they didn't sell any at $39,$40,$41,$43,$44,$45,$46,$47,$48,$49,$50... So instead of securing a huge profit, their strong hands has them revaluing there position at sub $20... Do people actually read what they post???...
    keceph `anah

<< <i>Also someone posted here that they sold a 1/2 bag of silver at 35?38? Faintly remember... they were strong hands cause they didn't sell any at $39,$40,$41,$43,$44,$45,$46,$47,$48,$49,$50... So instead of securing a huge profit, their strong hands has them revaluing there position at sub $20 >>

strong hands can quickly become weak hands in a declining market. It is one of the reasons why prices decline further.

Retail 101: Premium is nothing more than markup. Pay more markup to a seller with a tigher grip on the product. Seller eager to unload product will price it at less markup. That is the difference between strong hands and weak hands. Class dismissed.

<< <i>

<< <i>Also someone posted here that they sold a 1/2 bag of silver at 35?38? Faintly remember... they were strong hands cause they didn't sell any at $39,$40,$41,$43,$44,$45,$46,$47,$48,$49,$50... So instead of securing a huge profit, their strong hands has them revaluing there position at sub $20 >>

strong hands can quickly become weak hands in a declining market. It is one of the reasons why prices decline further.

Retail 101: Premium is nothing more than markup. Pay more markup to a seller with a tigher grip on the product. Seller eager to unload product will price it at less markup. That is the difference between strong hands and weak hands. Class dismissed. >>

Makin money 101: never pay more to anyone...
    keceph `anah
    One of the keys to "makin money" is a good understanding of how it is lost. image

• cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strong hands have everything to do with premium

Its actually very psychological. The more silver falls, the greater the denial and disbelief in the followers. The more it drops, the more they want. Very interesting investor behavior as with other asset classes such as equities or real estate, the buyers shy away as price falls. Last time I saw similar behavior was during the tech bubble crash.

Since the peak was relatively recent and violent, the bull market is still alive in their minds. The internet has enabled the gospel to be much more widespread than in 2001. (Mis)information is easily attained and dispersed. I expect premiums to continue for quite some time, but im not paying them. Now is the time for the bullion dealers to earn their share. I see it no differently than a bank charging 22% on a credit card. If people are willing to pay it, then charge it to them.

To the OP, hopefully we are entering the final capitulation stages, so that buyers today can have a slightly better return than on bank CD's in the coming years, but not if one pays 30% premiums for "piece of mind". That, imo, is a pretty hefty price.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I'm so tired of waking up and seeing red every day it's to the point I wonder why I bother checking. Talk about being stuck in a rut, and it absolutely cracks me up there's STILL people at shows that insist "it's got to go higher."
    What don't they see? It's done, over with. Silver had its twice in a lifetime run already. I've said this before here but I forget exactly what age I put on it, so I'll revise what I said.
    There is no one alive that is over 50 that will see $50 silver again. But yet folks still "believe", I guess they have to have a dream because they think about it so much. Sure, I'd like to see it have another run, but if it hasn't happened by now it's not going to. Things would have to get so bad to cause it that if it did you wouldn't be able to enjoy the benefit of it, you'd be more worred about just staying alive.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    strong hands rejoice. record Ag harvest in 2014 and stagnant growth in industrial and jewelry means $13-$15 oz is coming.
    this was the fantasy when it $40+. to return to this range so you could stack 2-fisted.
    I love it.

Loves me some shiny!
    strong hands can buy silver eagles now at 1.99 over... those premiums are sure rising hard...

edit to add gainesville for silver eagles, now sold out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but 100 oz jm bars +.59 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!............................
    and .69 cent over for buffalo ntr rounds at provident...
    keceph `anah
  • cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,553 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thats the attitude POM!!! If we can just get another million believers to follow you we can finally make a bottom. Get out there and recruit!!!

Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

<< <i>Sure, I'd like to see it have another run, but if it hasn't happened by now it's not going to. >>

Sure it will, once all that cash on the sideline sees asset prices reverse. Won't happen overnight. Silver will rebound as fast as it debounded, probably much faster. The bottom is not yet in but it's nearby.

• BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If someone believes in the longterm utility and value of silver bullion commodity, and have long enough horizon to target the next spike (which could be next week but might also take 20 years) and the capital to invest, then they should welcome lower prices and build their position. I'll be a buyer below 15 and resume some selling above 30, with the goal to dump every non-numismatic ounce as soon as I can get 44.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Thats the attitude POM!!! If we can just get another million believers to follow you we can finally make a bottom. Get out there and recruit!!!

That's an odd thing to say image See sig. line image

Followers, LOL. I crack up when people who are known to dislike me for whatever reason they may have, then follow me on eBay, social media, etc.. It's verification that I'm deep in their head and they can't stop thinking about me or what I may have said. When all the while, I'm being just in my actions and words. Again...see sig. line. image
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.