Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do you suffer from Numismatic Coincidential-itis the way i do??

keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
Symptoms of this non-fatal yet slightly annoying affliction are an apparent over sensitivity to Numismatic related terminology or number sequences. For instance, you might be non-chalantly driving down the road and you notice the car in front of has a plate number of VPH 1909 and you smile!!! It happens to me all too frequently.

Anyway, what brought this thread on is the NBA controversy. I was at work and heard them talking about it and had to stop-----the Team Owner is named Sterling and the League Commissioner is named Silver. It makes me nuts and I can't stop smiling whenever it comes on the TV or radio. My querry to the forum is simple, how can I be cured?? Can I be cured?? Will this haunt me for the rest of my days, like the heartbreak of psoriasis?? Help me if you can.

Al H.

Comments

• Options
    CoinZipCoinZip Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭

Coin Club Benefit auctions ..... View the Lots

• Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like finding errors (not on coins) in the manufacturing process ...

There are all sorts of products that have packaging errors and manufacturing errors.

These errors make me smile and think, of course there are mint errors on coins because it just happens .....
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's bound to be a twelve step program for your affliction. Numismatics Anonymous?
  • Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Symptoms of this non-fatal yet slightly annoying affliction are an apparent over sensitivity to Numismatic related terminology or number sequences. For instance, you might be non-chalantly driving down the road and you notice the car in front of has a plate number of VPH 1909 and you smile!!! It happens to me all too frequently.

Anyway, what brought this thread on is the NBA controversy. I was at work and heard them talking about it and had to stop-----the Team Owner is named Sterling and the League Commissioner is named Silver. It makes me nuts and I can't stop smiling whenever it comes on the TV or radio. My querry to the forum is simple, how can I be cured?? Can I be cured?? Will this haunt me for the rest of my days, like the heartbreak of psoriasis?? Help me if you can.

Al H. >>

That car must be local to you, I've never seen it.image
    Paul
  • Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Help me if you can. >>

Move to Colorado Keets.
    Then you won't g.a.s.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keets...you are doomed to live with this affliction.... much like OCD, you can be counseled, but not cured. image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have the affliction as bad as Keets, but I do have a milder case. Edited to add: I think it is not curable.

Had to snap this picture on the Ohio Turnpike a couple years back....

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    pmacpmac Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭
    Since reading this thread, I was on my way home and saw "VDB", but took another look and it was "VD8". I had to laugh thinking of this thread.
    Paul
  • Options
    hey Conrad, I live in NEOhio about 10 miles from the Turnpike, I'll have to watch for that car!!image
  • Options
    ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have it to a certain degree, coin laudries are good for a quick adrenaline rush.

I did see a license plate the other day 535 DMPL
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Guilty but no examples. Do have a guitar example.......The current running John Deere home mower commercial opens up with street sign "Clapton Drive"...... book example.......license plate "GON GALT"........
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,866 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Symptoms of this non-fatal yet slightly annoying affliction are an apparent over sensitivity to Numismatic related terminology or number sequences. For instance, you might be non-chalantly driving down the road and you notice the car in front of has a plate number of VPH 1909 and you smile!!! It happens to me all too frequently.

Al H. >>

I came up with a joke earlier today just like your post.

What do you get when you cross the owner of the LA Clippers with the NBA commissioner? Sterling Silver! image
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a dealer whose license plate is AT 67. Not a coin-incidence. . . . image

On advise of counsel, she can say nothing, but not only does Laurie have his number, she knows where he lives. . . . image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    ambro51ambro51 Posts: 13,611 ✭✭✭✭✭
    On the way to my lumberyard I pass a series of cross streets. The signs. ....Washington street. Jefferson street Lincoln street Roosevelt street.... And also Shafter street (after the span am war general I suppose)
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,994 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saw a license plate today with CBH on it.
  • Options
    cladkingcladking Posts: 28,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's incurable. What we do and think about rewires the brain.

I don't think of it as an affliction but an opportunity to exercise and test the new wiring. image
    Tempus fugit.
  • Options
    I had my numismatits surgically removed and slabbed years ago. It grew back image improper rinse.

Eric
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most of the women I've dated remind me of Susan B Anthony.
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,917 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The dealer name escapes me at the moment but thier phone number ended in "7070"
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like finding errors (not on coins) in the manufacturing process ...

There are all sorts of products that have packaging errors and manufacturing errors.

These errors make me smile and think, of course there are mint errors on coins because it just happens ..... >>

image Okay, cool, it's good to know I'm not the only one who does that!
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    Was just avoiding business and minding my pleasure on Facebook when a g/friend who has very limited knowledge of numismatics posted one of them puzzle /word games.
    And I don't believe in coincidence…. as COINcidental-itis is concerned, although for entertainment purposes, I share.
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    I associate the last four digits of phone numbers with coin dates when possible.
  • Options
    OldIndianNutKaseOldIndianNutKase Posts: 2,700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keets,

Perhaps you are encouraging mental instability amongst the numismatic community. I am now, at this post's suggestion, thinking about assigning numismatic grades to my car (MS XF67) and also to old girl friends (MS AU58), and to current girlfriend (PF70). But if you don't holder the PF70 girlfriend, she will be lucky to be a VF35 in a few years. imageimage

OINK
  • Options

<< <i>Keets,

Perhaps you are encouraging mental instability amongst the numismatic community. I am now, at this post's suggestion, thinking about assigning numismatic grades to my car (MS XF67) and also to old girl friends (MS AU58), and to current girlfriend (PF70). But if you don't holder the PF70 girlfriend, she will be lucky to be a VF35 in a few years. imageimage

OINK >>

Encouraging mental instability caused the mass exodus, here.
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I had my numismatits surgically removed and slabbed years ago. It grew back image improper rinse.

Eric >>

Please, tell us more about your numismatits, and how they were removed.image
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I had my numismatits surgically removed and slabbed years ago. It grew back image improper rinse.

Eric >>

Please, tell us more about your numismatits, and how they were removed.image >>

Oh gosh. Can't I just tell about how I misspelled that? image

Eric
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd say there should be a 12 step program for this but we would associate that with grading.

You start at P-01 and graduate at F-12.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    19Lyds19Lyds Posts: 26,475 ✭✭✭✭

Al H. >>

There used to be "School" just before a crosswalk in Auburn that always made me think of a 55/55 Lincoln since the lettering was doubled. I should have taken a photo but unfortunately, I never had my camera with me.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the John and renamed it the Jim. I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

The name is LEE!
  • Options
    I believe we may have a pandemic on our hands!!image
  • Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it does seem to be a pan-pac demic. I mean a pandemic. image

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file