Home Precious Metals

another strong bar price

rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
few people front running the future huge untapped numismatic market in rare bars...

e buks
keceph `anah

Comments

• bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭
    Holy smokes!!!!!!!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,111 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>numismatic market in rare bars >>

Blasphemy. image

The decline from democracy to tyranny is both a natural and inevitable one.

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather have 10x the silver for the price paid image

JMHO, GandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    $188/oz for a bar with a mintage of <1000.

I can't get rid of a 10 T.oz version with mintage of <1000 for $70/oz. image There is truly no rhyme or reason to this stuff sometimes.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>$188/oz for a bar with a mintage of <1000.

I can't get rid of a 10 T.oz version with mintage of <1000 for $70/oz. image There is truly no rhyme or reason to this stuff sometimes. >>

I didn't know that silver bar producers published the mintage of their bars or is this a guesstimate on your part? The rare bar market is fairly thin. In a few weeks this same bar could bring a fraction of what it brought recently.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definitely a very narrow market....not what I would call 'high liquidity'. IMO, the buyer is buried in that acquisition.... Cheers, RickO
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

<< <i>$188/oz for a bar with a mintage of <1000.

I can't get rid of a 10 T.oz version with mintage of <1000 for $70/oz. image There is truly no rhyme or reason to this stuff sometimes. >>

Simple, your bar isn't the same, lower your price...lol...
    keceph `anah
  • I have noticed a solid increase in the rare, old and desirable bars on eBay. This seems to be a rapidly growing sector of collecting.

There are more people buying silver and a percentage of those are seeking out the truly collectible nicer old pours. Even the US Strategic stockpile bars and rounds are gaining premium over what they used to sell for. You may soon see bars being authenticated by the TPG's.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Definitely a very narrow market....not what I would call 'high liquidity'. IMO, the buyer is buried in that acquisition

I'd rather be buried in a $700 bar that will eventually sell for very close to that than a $3000 bar that appeals only to really only about 2-3 people in this particular auction. The double digit feedback bidders are bottom feeders trying to get lucky. Only 2 people placed "real" bids...bids that showed they were serious in winning. That's a very very thin market now that 1 of those serious bidders has the bar they've been searching for.

I didn't know that silver bar producers published the mintage of their bars or is this a guesstimate on your part? The rare bar market is fairly thin. In a few weeks this same bar could bring a fraction of what it brought recently.

Nope, not on my part. allengelhard.com has guesstimates that are most likely very close to what the actual mintages are. The contributors to that site are very knowledgeable and have done a boat load of research to come up with estimates as close as possible to what actual mintages are in my opinion.

You may soon see bars being authenticated by the TPG's.

I wonder what someone would be willing to pay to find out if their bar is (in the opinion of the TPG) a bar that was truly produced by Engelhard. allengelhard.com says "We can say with certainty that an XRF test cannot prove that a bar was made by Engelhard." All the TPG could say is if it's real silver or not, and an informed collector can more-less determine that by themselves. So I don't know if there's quite the market for it yet.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    The market is, that u don't need a TPG for these bars, a more pure market so to say, with less opinion of gobbledygook numbers for the same coins that supposedly differentiate values...
    keceph `anah
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can see it now , this bar is a 64* it has great eye appeal. specifically its rectangular image

This bar is XF details , it's been polished image o , and it only cost $40 to find out