Home Metal Detecting
Options

First hunt of the year

I got out for the first time this year. Just spent an hour at one of my usual spots, a local park. Not much found, a few bits of trash, some ghost signals that turned up nothing when dug, and these two items:

Dime is clad, covered in dirt/clay. Not sure what that pin represents; I don't follow any motor sports image. Side entertainment while digging was watching the aftermath of an accident that happened on the road next to the park. I didn't see it happen, but it looked like one car T-boned another. It's a straight, one lane road with plenty of room on the sides, hardly an accident-prone stretch of road. Guessing someone was speeding, or not paying attention when pulling onto the road, or both.

Comments

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭✭
    If that's the result of an hour search, your park may have already been cleaned out. Either that or you need to develop your technique.
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If that's the result of an hour search, your park may have already been cleaned out. Either that or you need to develop your technique. >>

You may be right on both counts image
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭✭
    well, it's a start at least! I tried a new park yesterday and only got 53 cents after 2 hours. One was an IHC but it's pretty toast. The area was pretty squishy and the water killed it. Just think, it can't get much worse!
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know how many dimes ive dug like that. we get em and its a good start i guess image
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep... the season has begun..... Hope to check out a couple of old homesteads on the mountain later this year (still some snow up there and ground frozen).
    Cheers, RickO