Home Metal Detecting
Options

paid hunts

BONE 21 (Best of the North East , 21st year) is coming up this month. Keene NH.
Anyone ever participate in something like this? Thoughts? Four day event. Two days of natural hunts at two different sites. Trade show. One day of seeded hunt. Other activities over the four days. Can pay for the whole event or piece it out. One of the sites is from the 1600's. Raffle prizes look good too.

http://www.streeter.org/community/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=1362

-Norm

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have never done this, but have read about them on other forums.... people seemed to have a lot of fun.. let us know if you participate. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ive never participated in one either but know a few that do. they say they have fun. fwiw image
  • Options
    gripgrip Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never done it! But sounds like it could be fun.
  • Options
    I went for part of the natural hunt on one day. My brother brought me down to the location and we both participated in the hunt. I'm fighting stage 4 pancreatic cancer and ran out of energy fast. Too fast. Left a couple hours early and could not attend the following day. Aside from trash, all I found was a 1973 cent. Others had much better luck, including a 1759 Spanish Reale. Wish I could have done the second day. There were lots of other finds from the 60 or so people there..... standing liberty quarters, wheaties, gold rings. Lots of people swinging either AT Pro's or Minelab detectors. Had fun.