Home Metal Detecting
Options

66 Hockey Pucks

pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
"66" Hockey pucks. This needs a thread of its own. And I thought that it was bad when kids don't pick up their baseballs or softballs.

What do you do with them? I sell my baseballs in garage sales.image

Comments

• Options
    DockwalliperDockwalliper Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭
    I did sell a few in a garage sale and a box of 100 a few years back to a co- worker that did a weekly open hockey ice rental. Some of them go back to the pond with my sons for a skate. A few go into my collection( if they are in good shape and have a cool team or pic) but most are sitting in boxes in my garage. I should count them some day. 😊
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amazing.... have gone golf ball hunting (courses near streams and woods) as a kid, never heard of puck hunting... cool. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Start listing them on eBay as "game used" pucks image
  • Options
    Yacorie1Yacorie1 Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    If you had kids who played hockey - that would be great. I'd love to find 66 hockey pucks so I would never have to buy anymore
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Donate them to a local club or high school?
  • Options

<< <i>Donate them to a local club or high school? >>

I have donated a few buckets of practice pucks to the teams when my kids were playing. My son manages a rink in NYC so I give him some if he drives home.(too heavy to carry on plane, bus or train)
    I'm up to 70 for the year but I think that might be it.
  • Options
    GotTheBugGotTheBug Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to work in the ice arena management field and we would collect literally hundreds of pucks left behind after hockey games and practices over the course of a season. Not only that but they could be found in the ceiling rafters, on top of any high-up flat spot and even perched on top of EXIT signs and behind or in the slightest cubby hole. In one rink we had a low-emissive ceiling that used to sag a lot. We later found over 75 pucks that had somehow made their way on top of it.
  • Options
    My Grandson went to an Easter egg hunt in the area of the pond. He didn't find any eggs but he did find a puck. Don't know how I missed one.