Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Meeting up at the National - Cleveland 2014

Comments

• Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Did the National used to take orders for signed items to be mailed?
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike,

I will be there Wednesday for the sneak peak and then all day Thursday as well. Likely heading home Friday AM, but would love to connect on Wed/Thur with anyone on these boards who is attending. Any plan for a meeting time at the BBCE booth on Wed/Thurs?

Only 1 week to go!!

Chris
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Mike,

I will be there Wednesday for the sneak peak and then all day Thursday as well. Likely heading home Friday AM, but would love to connect on Wed/Thur with anyone on these boards who is attending. Any plan for a meeting time at the BBCE booth on Wed/Thurs?

Only 1 week to go!!

Chris >>

We'll be meeting up each day from Thursday to Saturday at 2:30pm at the BBCE booth. I figured guys wouldn't want to meet up on Wednesday as they would want time to get a lay of the land. See you next week and have a safe trip!!
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options

<< <i>Did the National used to take orders for signed items to be mailed? >>

Not that I know of, but maybe one of the autograph guys can chime in.

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭
    I think the plan is to meet at the BBCE booth at "2:30pm each day of the National from Thursday through Saturday". I'll be there on Saturday.

Anyone else going to the Tribe game that Saturday? I'll be there... it's Jim Thome Statue Day and they're also having fireworks after the game.
  • Options
    I'll be at the Tribe game on Thursday. I couldn't make Saturday as I will be driving home that night.

Collecting:
  • Options
    RyanAdmirerRyanAdmirer Posts: 632 ✭✭

<< <i>I think the plan is to meet at the BBCE booth at "2:30pm each day of the National from Thursday through Saturday". I'll be there on Saturday.

Anyone else going to the Tribe game that Saturday? I'll be there... it's Jim Thome Statue Day and they're also having fireworks after the game. >>

Did you already get your ticket Jeff? I haven't got mine yet but was thinking about going.
    I'm a big Nolan Ryan fan OK???!!!
  • Options

<< <i>Did you already get your ticket Jeff? I haven't got mine yet but was thinking about going. >>

A friend of mine is taking his son there for his birthday so a bunch of us are going together (not sure where our seats are yet). I'm bringing my wife and 1-year-old daughter! Should be interesting... at least I already know she likes baseball games and fireworks! lol

(taken at Miller Park in May, Brewers vs Orioles) image
  • Options
    MarsAttacksMarsAttacks Posts: 279 ✭✭✭
    Hey Jeff - I've got a daughter on the way (my first) and so hope she's as excited at the game as yours is!
    Go Dodgers!
  • Options
    BruceinGaBruceinGa Posts: 268 ✭✭
    I regret to say that I won't be able to make it there this year. My situation has changed and my wife and I think it might be better to try to make it next year in Chicago. I hope everyone has a great time!
    Bruce
  • Options
    RyanAdmirerRyanAdmirer Posts: 632 ✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Did you already get your ticket Jeff? I haven't got mine yet but was thinking about going. >>

A friend of mine is taking his son there for his birthday so a bunch of us are going together (not sure where our seats are yet). I'm bringing my wife and 1-year-old daughter! Should be interesting... at least I already know she likes baseball games and fireworks! lol

That should be a good time. If I decide to catch the game I'll "announce it" here I guess. I would think think there'd be at least a few from the boards that would enjoy taking in a game.
  • Options
    Since nothing is within walking distance of the IX center, after the show each night, most of you are probably having dinner at your hotel's restaurant. So no one's probably meeting up with anyone unless guys are staying at the same hotel. Am I Right ? image
  • Options

<< <i>Since nothing is within walking distance of the IX center, after the show each night, most of you are probably having dinner at your hotel's restaurant. So no one's probably meeting up with anyone unless guys are staying at the same hotel. Am I Right ? image >>

This guy will have wheels.
  • Options

<< <i>I regret to say that I won't be able to make it there this year. My situation has changed and my wife and I think it might be better to try to make it next year in Chicago. I hope everyone has a great time!
    Bruce >>

Sorry it didn't work out this year. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. See you next year in Chicago!!

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>The Crisser will be at BBCE at 2:30 on Thursday. >>

I put you down on the list. Looking forward to meeting you.

Collecting:
  • Options
    ghooper33ghooper33 Posts: 309 ✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys - I will be there Friday and Saturday. This will be the first National I have been to since Atlanta!

-Greg
    “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then is not an act but a habit.” -Aristotle
  • Options

<< <i>Hey guys - I will be there Friday and Saturday. This will be the first National I have been to since Atlanta!

-Greg >>

Hey Greg, definitely stop by the BBCE booth at 2:30pm either day to say hi.

Collecting:
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,074 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I regret to say that I won't be able to make it there this year. My situation has changed and my wife and I think it might be better to try to make it next year in Chicago. I hope everyone has a great time!
    Bruce >>

Sorry it didn't work out this year. I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. See you next year in Chicago!! >>

Since I cannot attend will be looking forward to yours and others pictures of the show.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    1neatstuff1neatstuff Posts: 1,157 ✭✭✭
    I will also be there on Thursday to meet a few of the guys from the boards and I am thinking about going to the tribe game that night also anyone else going please let me know...look forward to meeting some more of the guys
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    I will be wandering, head down and with a purpose...

I'm sure a certain someone or two will point me out and introduce me to a few of you (as has been the case the last few years) and if I fail to recognize you or remember your face to screen name later in the day or week, I apologize. The National is all work and my mind is crammed with business 24/7. By Thursday afternoon, I don't even remember my hotel room number and by Saturday, I struggle to remember to wear shoes!

Hope to see a few of you on the show floor!
  • Options

<< <i>I will be wandering, head down and with a purpose...

I'm sure a certain someone or two will point me out and introduce me to a few of you (as has been the case the last few years) and if I fail to recognize you or remember your face to screen name later in the day or week, I apologize. The National is all work and my mind is crammed with business 24/7. By Thursday afternoon, I don't even remember my hotel room number and by Saturday, I struggle to remember to wear shoes!

Hope to see a few of you on the show floor! >>

Are you sure it is only because of working 24/7? imageimage

I'll be sure to direct some of the fellows your way.

Collecting:
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

<< <i>The National is all work and my mind is crammed with business 24/7. By Thursday afternoon, I don't even remember my hotel room number and by Saturday, I struggle to remember to wear shoes! >>

Spoken like a true hobby heavyweight. image

BTW, please, please, please remember to wear underwear.

• Options
    BigRed7BigRed7 Posts: 245 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Tuesday-Saturday if Steve Grad will let me stay in the building..LOL >>

Just wondering....Is that the same Steve Grad that took 268.00 from me to Authenticate and Grade my 1953 Team signed Cleveland Browns ball, that my Grandfather left me in his will, had packed away for 59 years where it never saw light, was in ABSOLUTELY PRISTINE condition, then I hand delivered it to PSA in Santa Ana, Ca. handed over 268.00 for him to tell me the Ball was STAMPED. Then I took the Ball to James Spence, who ACTUALLY DID HIS JOB, Authenticated the Ball, and gave me a FULL LOA.

Is that the SAME Steve Grad ?

Just wondering ..... >>

<< <i>

<< <i>Tuesday-Saturday if Steve Grad will let me stay in the building..LOL >>

I hope this is the Steve Grad that will authenicate my lot of 14 Thurman Munson autographs that I obtained in person at a banquet when I was 14 years old. The same cards that James Spence refused to authenicate for a REA Auction.

Is that the SAME Steve Grad?

Just wondering .....
  • Options

<< <i>.....BTW, please, please, please remember to wear underwear. >>

How are you going to know if he isn't? image
    All your money won't another minute buy.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>.....BTW, please, please, please remember to wear underwear. >>

How are you going to know if he isn't? image >>

Do you really want to know the answer to that? image

Collecting:
  • Options
    otwcardsotwcards Posts: 5,291 ✭✭✭
    Underwear? Wow! That came out of right field. If it would make you happy, I'll be certain to post a selfie to Instagram each morning in the early stages of getting dressed... image

Regardless, all I need for a great National is excessive amounts of vodka, an hour of sleep per night, a few good steaks and plenty of material that I can purchase and then a little more material to purchase.
  • Options
    mknezmknez Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Underwear? Wow! That came out of right field. If it would make you happy, I'll be certain to post a selfie to Instagram each morning in the early stages of getting dressed... image

Regardless, all I need for a great National is excessive amounts of vodka, an hour of sleep per night, a few good steaks and plenty of material that I can purchase and then a little more material to purchase. >>

If you are going dumpster diving, be sure to bring a pair of old shoes!

Hi Scott.

------
    stupid print dots

• Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    simply cant wait
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options

<< <i>The Crisser will be at BBCE at 2:30 on Thursday. >>

<<I have unlimited cash to spend. You won't know it's me until I've doled out the Bens. I don't talk about it.....I just do it. >>

• Options
    Now that is hilarious Snuffy. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    ChiefsFan1stChiefsFan1st Posts: 845 ✭✭✭
    Just got done packing! Now, im just sittin back having a cold image

I think the plan is national thurs/fri and rock-n-roll hof/nfl hall of fame on wed.

If any of you guys see a guy wearing a Chiefs jersey wandering around trying to
    figure out which ends up, head me over to the BBCE booth pleaseimage
    I dont wanna grow up, Im a Toys-R-Us kid!
  • Options

<< <i>Just got done packing! Now, im just sittin back having a cold image

I think the plan is national thurs/fri and rock-n-roll hof/nfl hall of fame on wed.

If any of you guys see a guy wearing a Chiefs jersey wandering around trying to
    figure out which ends up, head me over to the BBCE booth pleaseimage >>

Don't worry Brian, according to the latest poll you are the only Chiefs fan around so you should be easy to spot. image

Collecting:
  • Options
    ThoseBackPagesThoseBackPages Posts: 4,871 ✭✭
    YES!!!!!!
    Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mike - if I don't make it next year?

You get to come over - kick my ass - and take all my unopened! image
    Mike
  • Options
    kgibsonkgibson Posts: 264 ✭✭✭
    Last weekend I got to visit the Field of Dreams movie site and this weekend I'm going to the Nationals. Life is good. image
    "You know we just don't recognize the most significant moments of our lives while they're happening. Back then I thought, well, there'll be other days. I didn't realize that that was the only day."
  • Options
    1980scollector1980scollector Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭
    It looks like it's going to rain in Myrtle Beach so it looks like the family is going to head to Cleveland instead. I might see a few of you guys on Friday and Saturday.
    ** Working on the following sets-2013 Spectra Football Hall of Fame 50th Anniversary Autograph set, 2015 Spectra Football Illustrious Legends Autograph set, 2014-15 Hall of Fame Heroes autograph set. **
  • Options

<< <i>It looks like it's going to rain in Myrtle Beach so it looks like the family is going to head to Cleveland instead. I might see a few of you guys on Friday and Saturday. >>

Sorry about your Myrtle Beach plans, but looking forward to catching up with you on Friday. Safe trip up.

Collecting:
  • Options

<< <i>YES!!!!!! >>

How did you know where I was? image

Collecting:
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good luck, Mike!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Have fun, men. May your finds be many.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    Here in Cleveland -
    Having a Long Island iced tea at the hotel
    Plan to see some sights tomorrow then be there for the sneak peek

Edit to say
    Hope there are some high grade sets left after dealer to dealer
  • Options
    ssollarsssollars Posts: 932 ✭✭✭✭
    I'm here too, patiently waiting for tomorrow afternoon...

I was hoping to catch a Browns practice tomorrow, but I guess you have to plan ahead for those kinda things, doh!
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    good morning on the 1st day of the National!!!!

hoping you all have a great time and get to meet a few buds from the boards.

Pictures always help for those who cannot make it.

And those of you I asked to watch for stuff for me--I'll be watching my PMs this afternoon

Thanks and good luck!!!!!
  • Options
    NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    Man, now I really wish I had booked my trip. If only just to see what BBCE's got going on. Got some really nice '78 and '80 racks last year. Sigh.
    Nikklos
  • Options
    70ToppsFanatic70ToppsFanatic Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭✭
    Waiting outside the I-X now waiting for the doors to open. First stop will be BBCE. Will take some pictures to post later

Dave
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Dave--looking for '76 racks if he has any and you do not buy any. PM me and I can paypal Steve
  • Options
    By the way, if you're looking for something else going on nearby during the National, the WGC Bridgestone Invitational is going on in Akron this weekend (45 minutes south of the IX Center). I was just there today for the practice round, which happens to be a great day to go get autographs.

Anyway, I thought it would be a pretty cool thing for those of you looking to fill some gaps in your trip.

Big names are Zack Johnson, Angel Cabrera, Oosthuizen, Stadler, Leishman... good times!

Of course there's always the Pro Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony going on five minutes from my house. image
  • Options
    Hello,

My name is Rocke, I collect NFL HOF autographs and I will be there today ( Thursday ) in a bright red Football Hall of Fame Tee shirt. stop me and introduce yourself.
    WANTED:Football Hall of Fame Autograph's;Hugh Ray,Tim Mara,Charles Bidwell,Walt Kiesling,Bill Hewitt,Len Ford,Fritz Pollard,Curly Lambeau,Steve Owen & Joe Carr. FOR SALE : 100's of auto'd HoF 8x10's & dozen's of auto'd HoF cards.
  • Options
    Sorry for the delay, but I had problems figuring out how to post pictures from my phone. I'm going to skip the commentary for now and just post the pictures.

Collecting: