Home Sports Talk
Options

DeSean Jackson signs with the Redskins

shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭
Eagles gift ... or Trojan Horse ?
"Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/

Comments

• Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    The 'Skins always make great FA signings, and this one will be right up there with Haynesworth. Good move for the now-favorites of the NFC!
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 'Skins always make great FA signings, and this one will be right up there with Haynesworth. Good move for the now-favorites of the NFC! >>

Yep. I believe Daniel Synder crawled out of Jerry Jones as*.

They're too much alike.
  • Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,463 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great signing. Gives RG3 another target.
    What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭
    Very little downside to this signing. A reasonable price and a contract length that allows flexibility if things don't pan out. You can't really compare Albert Haynesworth (7 years, $100 million) to DeSean Jackson ( 3 years, $24 million). This was a great signing, now hopefully they can draft some depth for their secondary.
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭
    The Redskins are becoming the Raiders of the East...

One program thinks he a liability and the other program opens their arms to him?

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070

<< <i>Very little downside to this signing. A reasonable price and a contract length that allows flexibility if things don't pan out. You can't really compare Albert Haynesworth (7 years, $100 million) to DeSean Jackson ( 3 years, $24 million). This was a great signing, now hopefully they can draft some depth for their secondary. >>

Very little downside?

What do you get when you combine a 1st year head coach, a primadonna QB, and a WR so unwanted the EAGLES of all teams let him go? You get **drumroll please** the 2014 Foreskins finishing at 5-11 and blame going everywhere and a new coach in 2015.
  • Options
    shouldabeena10shouldabeena10 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Very little downside to this signing. A reasonable price and a contract length that allows flexibility if things don't pan out. You can't really compare Albert Haynesworth (7 years, $100 million) to DeSean Jackson ( 3 years, $24 million). This was a great signing, now hopefully they can draft some depth for their secondary. >>

Very little downside?

What do you get when you combine a 1st year head coach, a primadonna QB, and a WR so unwanted the EAGLES of all teams let him go? You get **drumroll please** the 2014 Foreskins finishing at 5-11 and blame going everywhere and a new coach in 2015. >>

You're just not squinting hard enough to see the upside. When you finish the season 3-13, fire your head coach and OC, watch your Rookie of the year QB hobble around in a knee brace all year, have your only decent receiver get double teamed all season, watch your defense go from top 10 to dead last (with basically the exact same players), you have no #1 daft pick this year, and you have an offense that is really only lacking a couple of O-line changes and a solid WR ... "Hell Yea" you roll the dice on a game changing, Pro Bowl receiver that falls into your lap.

We take him away from a division rival that we play twice a year. We get him for a pretty good price that doesn't hurt our cap. He should be a bit more humbled and hopefully more of a team player after all of this media coverage has called him out. We don't have to blow our higher draft picks on another WR that may not work out. And we add him to our offense .. which now has RGIII (w/no knee brace) as QB, wide receivers will be Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and Andre Roberts (& either Santana Moss, Alderick Robinson, Leonard Hankerson). Our new tight end Jordan Reed (was on pace to set records before his injury), and our running backs Alfred Morris and Roy Helu are pretty solid. We've replaced two of our O-linemen, and will hopefully pick up a competent right tackle in the draft. So with the key acquisition of DeSean, and a healthy RGIII ... our offense looks pretty darn good.

Of course, I'm wearing my rose colored (burgundy colored) glasses ... so I could be wrong. But just make sure you remember to bump this thread up when The Redskins knock the Seahawks out of the playoffs this year.
    "Vintage Football Cards" A private Facebook Group of 4000 members, for vintage football card trading, sales & auctions. https://facebook.com/groups/vintagefootball/
  • Options
    JHS5120JHS5120 Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You're just not squinting hard enough to see the upside. When you finish the season 3-13, fire your head coach and OC, watch your Rookie of the year QB hobble around in a knee brace all year, have your only decent receiver get double teamed all season, watch your defense go from top 10 to dead last (with basically the exact same players), you have no #1 daft pick this year, and you have an offense that is really only lacking a couple of O-line changes and a solid WR ... "Hell Yea" you roll the dice on a game changing, Pro Bowl receiver that falls into your lap.

We take him away from a division rival that we play twice a year. We get him for a pretty good price that doesn't hurt our cap. He should be a bit more humbled and hopefully more of a team player after all of this media coverage has called him out. We don't have to blow our higher draft picks on another WR that may not work out. And we add him to our offense .. which now has RGIII (w/no knee brace) as QB, wide receivers will be Pierre Garcon, DeSean Jackson, and Andre Roberts (& either Santana Moss, Alderick Robinson, Leonard Hankerson). Our new tight end Jordan Reed (was on pace to set records before his injury), and our running backs Alfred Morris and Roy Helu are pretty solid. We've replaced two of our O-linemen, and will hopefully pick up a competent right tackle in the draft. So with the key acquisition of DeSean, and a healthy RGIII ... our offense looks pretty darn good.

Of course, I'm wearing my rose colored (burgundy colored) glasses ... so I could be wrong. But just make sure you remember to bump this thread up when The Redskins knock the Seahawks out of the playoffs this year. >>

a big +1 image
    My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I have heard on sports talk radio he sounds a lot like Randy Moss only worse.

If he decides to grow up he will be a great addition to his team, if he continues to be a pile of garbage (playing when he feels like it) not so much.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Tom Brady could have used a little DeSean Jackson action this upcoming season.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jackson is misunderstood and simply wants a little respect, plus the money he deserves. If he does not get the above, he gets upset.

He certainly is an electrifying player when he wants to play at his peak performance level.