Home U.S. Coin Forum

My oldest ANACS photo certificate.

relicsncoinsrelicsncoins Posts: 7,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
A pretty early example of third party authentication.

imageimage

imageimage
Need a Barber Half with ANACS photo certificate. If you have one for sale please PM me. Current Ebay auctions

Comments

• Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's cool! I have about 10 of these myself!
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How quaint.

I too have a number of them. They make me smile.
    Lance.
  • 123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    Very nice!!
  • sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Never seen one that old. Thanks.
    I like the "title" transfer of ownership area.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it is the oldest i've seen and it is older than i am ><

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice.... how far the game has progressed.... imagine the next forty years... Cheers, RickO
  • astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love these early certificates!

imageimage
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • coindudeonebaycoindudeonebay Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭
    I only have two, one for an 09 S VDB and one for a 41 proof dime I believe.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool old anacs
  • Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I only have two, one for an 09 S VDB and one for a 41 proof dime I believe. >>

I have the 38 proof dime! Can you post the 1909-S VDB?
    I'll dig around and see if I can get a picture of it. Might be best to PM me to remind me.

<< <i>I love these early certificates!

imageimage >>

That's very cool! A genuine, original 1922-P Lincoln. Wow.
    Lance.
    Wow, didn't realize mine was such a new vintage! I blacked out the address of the original owner, not sure if the guy still collects or is even still alive, I left the name so if anyone knows him I think that would be pretty cool. These are just quick phone pictures so don't kill me over the quality. The last picture I took just to show the embossed seal.

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The one posted above me is the ones I have seen, the earlier posters examples of early on issues, I think I somewhat remember a dealer friend of mine who has long since passed having ones that looked like that noting a space for transfer of owner ship. The dates on the earlier ones would have been about the time when I started collecting coins. neat !

<< <i>Wow, didn't realize mine was such a new vintage! I blacked out the address of the original owner, not sure if the guy still collects or is even still alive, I left the name so if anyone knows him I think that would be pretty cool. These are just quick phone pictures so don't kill me over the quality. The last picture I took just to show the embossed seal.

image >>

Cool set ... don't break that up! image
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
    Here is the oldest (and only) ANACS sample certificate I have seen. I'm not sure how many of these were sent out, if any. The "Void" was on the certificate when I picked it up as was the writing on back.

imageimage
    Numismatist Ordinaire

<< <i>Cool set ... don't break that up! image >>

Yea, I would have pictured the coin as well but I have it in the album and, well, I forgot! lol
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the oldest (and only) ANACS sample certificate I have seen. I'm not sure how many of these were sent out, if any. The "Void" was on the certificate when I picked it up as was the writing on back.

imageimage >>

Never saw one of those either. After I left.

For the record, and for the information of those not familiar with ANACS ccertificates, the "A-0002-A" serial number was never used for a regular certificate.

The earliest Washington, D.C. certificates just had a four-digit number. They they went to the A0001/B0001/C0001 numbers used concurrently, with each incoming coin written into one of three log books on a rotating basis, such as A on Monday, B on Tuesday, etc.

There were no D prefix letters. When they moved to Colorado Springs in the Fall of 1976, they started using suffix letters beginning with E-0001-A and worked their way up from there.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
    Thanks for the info, Tom.
    Numismatist Ordinaire
  • ElKevvoElKevvo Posts: 4,054 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread...I am in the never seen one that old. Neat how things have evolved over the years! That Morgan looks better than a 63 in the photos! I like the 'consensus opinion of subjective factors' that was written in...

K
    ANA LM

<< <i>

<< <i>I love these early certificates!

imageimage >>

That's very cool! A genuine, original 1922-P Lincoln. Wow.
    Lance. >>

There's gotta be some rule about quoting yourself.

So, no one found this funny? Some certification service, eh?
    Lance.
  • CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Here is the oldest (and only) ANACS sample certificate I have seen. I'm not sure how many of these were sent out, if any. The "Void" was on the certificate when I picked it up as was the writing on back.

imageimage >>

Was at a coin club meeting tonight and asked Ken Bressett, Mary Sauvain and J.P. Martin about this. None of them remembered it.

TD
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • ManorcourtmanManorcourtman Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭
    Awesome!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file