Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Baseball coins ~ any shipped notifications??

I'm not a coin guy but have to admit being excited by the baseball coins…have read the other main postings
about those buying, purchases being placed on backorder and the shipping dates that keep getting moved back…

Seems that the ONLY coins in hand are those purchased in Baltimore??

Has anyone received their coins or been notified that their purchase has been shipped? Just curious…

Thanks!
There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

Comments

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    I have this strange feeling that the bigger orders will be first out the gate. After all we do want them
    to First Strike don't we?

Of course all this remains to be seen. But I do have this feeling.

OK I'll come clean. I did order a Gold and Silver BU around 3 Pm. About 10 minutes later I ordered 5 more Silver BU's, to my surprise
    the ship date was earlier than the single BU Silver. As a test I ordered 5 more Gold BU's and sure enough the ship date was earlier
    by a long shot over the single Coin I had ordered.

The next day I again checked ship dates ( my order history didnt show until the next day )and the dates had all changed to ones that
    wouldn't have made the First Strike cutoff . I proceeded to cancel all 6 separate orders I had placed but strangely on the last 2 orders
    the cancel box wasn't available.

It just seemed that shipping priority was being given to larger quantities. Also it seems that the USMint is gonna ship your free bag
    ASAP. Better to trap you into your order. Or are they that desparate to ship out all their bags?
  • Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭
    expected ship for me was the 29th.
    Then 30 then 31.
    now its 4/1
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    thisnamztakenthisnamztaken Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My email from the Mint today says "Exp Ship: 6/19/14" image
    I never thought that growing old would happen so fast.
    - Jim
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    A post below states CC charged today and shipping tomorrow!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A post below states CC charged today and shipping tomorrow! >>

Good to know, but my CC was not charged yet, and I believe I was one of the first couple (relatively) online orders. I was in and out of the waiting room nearly immediately at the start, and placed my order quickly in fear the website would crash.

My credit card has only been charged $4.95 on 3/28 so far. Maybe it is just the bag?

Edit to add: I just found the email saying expected ship tomorrow. Interesting my credit card wasn't hit for the full amount yet though.
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of this thread I checked my order status a few hours ago. It said 4-1 for a ship date. I just re-checked and now it says 4-14. I'm going to quit checking.
  • Options
    123cents123cents Posts: 7,178 ✭✭✭
    My order is still saying shipping 4/1. We will see.image
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have ship dates of 4/8, 4/14 & 5/30 all on one order.

These dates have been pushed back one day, every day since Saturday

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,504 ✭✭✭
    The mint will ship the bags separately because they are in stock and reserved first. This happened to me with my 2013 platinum proof I ordered. The coin was on backorder but they shipped the bag first and the coin later when it became available. I see a lot of waste in shipping these mint shopping bags first without the complete order.
  • Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>expected ship for me was the 29th.
    Then 30 then 31.
    now its 4/1 >>

Ah, thanks for that.

My order was to ship on the 29th. Then the 30th. Then the 31st. Then 4/1. Now it's 4/2.

Maybe they'll actually ship one day...
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    The only ship date that will matter is the one that shows at or after "In stock and reserved"

(l8-)>>

• Options
    CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭
    My order of four coins went through at 12:04 and everything (except the lovely bag) shows back-ordered and the shipping date keeps creeping a day later every day. I call BS. I bet the big boys get to jump the line.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My back order notice was signed : "Suffer, sucker ". Who writes those emails, anyway ?
  • Options

<< <i>My back order notice was signed : "Suffer, sucker ". Who writes those emails, anyway ? >>

Mine said "Don't call us, we'll call you, MFer"
  • Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not shipped yet but changed from Hold to In Process and the cancel box is gone...a sure sign the coins are about to leave the building

• Options
    joebb21joebb21 Posts: 4,734 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>expected ship for me was the 29th.
    Then 30 then 31.
    now its 4/1 >>

Ah, thanks for that.

My order was to ship on the 29th. Then the 30th. Then the 31st. Then 4/1. Now it's 4/2.

Maybe they'll actually ship one day... >>

Im now 4/2 as well...

Perhaps we shall get them before the basketball coins come out
    may the fonz be with you...always...
  • Options
    Just checked my status…again…another day, another date…at least the "cancel" boxes are gone…
    then I decided to check my C/C and there is activity!

Not for the coins mind you as the charge from them is only $4.95…guessing they charge for the FREE bag just in
    case they don't ship the coins!???

Anyone else?

• Options

<< <i>Just checked my status…again…another day, another date…at least the "cancel" boxes are gone…
    then I decided to check my C/C and there is activity!

Not for the coins mind you as the charge from them is only $4.95…guessing they charge for the FREE bag just in
    case they don't ship the coins!???

Anyone else? >>

My order went to "In process", cancel boxes gone, and still have a ship date of 4/2. Credit card has a pending charge of $4.95.

Hope springs eternal. Actually, hope it's not an April Fool joke... image
  • Options

<< <i>Actually, hope it's not an April Fool joke... image >>

That would be cruel!!image
  • Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just noticed the cancel box is also gone for me. The expected ship dates keep extending another day with each day that passes. Guess I cannot cancel even if they never ship them.
    Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options
    I got all caught up in the hype and ended up putting in about 6 orders of varying quantities of various coins. The next day when
    I saw I'd probably not make the first strike date ( due to shifting ship dates ) I proceeded to canceling everything. I did cancel all
    the Gold but in the last 2 orders , 1 with 10 BU Halves, 1 with 5 BU $1's, the cancel button was gone.

Its almost like a computer caught me canceling and put a stop to my dirty deeds. Oh well guess I'll check em out keep some
    nice ones and ship the rest back.

Maybe I'll even slab some. There won't be any 1st Strikes but for me they will be 1st Slabs. I have slabbed Coins of course
    but I've never made any myself.
  • Options
    Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you could have looked at all of them then returned them later. You never know pre sellers are getting ok $$ for what they are selling now. But that is just me thinking dumb Type2. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    I wrote:

<< <i>My order went to "In process", cancel boxes gone, and still have a ship date of 4/2. Credit card has a pending charge of $4.95.

Hope springs eternal. Actually, hope it's not an April Fool joke... image >>

APRIL FOOL!

It's been pushed back another day to 4/3.

Another order placed the afternoon of 3/29 for HOF Ag (PF and MS), with an original backorder date of 6/17 (now 6/21), has gone from "hold" to "in process", all cancel boxes gone, and CC charged $4.95. (Another order on 3/28 is still on hold...) image

sigh.
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The silver pieces are showing 4/16, the gold has now been pushed back to 7/17. Safe to say I'm not getting my gold pieces from the Mint, many/most of us will be in the same boat, secondary market for me.
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    Falk25Falk25 Posts: 110 ✭✭
    My order shipped!!!
    Ummm, for the "High Quality" US Mint Reusable Bag.....

2014 BASEBALL HOF UNC SILVER DOLLAR 1 $47.95 $47.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 04/16/2014.
    2014 BASEBALL HOF PROOF SILVER DOLLAR 1 $51.95 $51.95 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 04/16/2014.
    UNITED STATES MINT REUSABLE BAG 1 $0.00 $0.00 1 unit shipped on 04/01/2014
  • Options
    AnkurJAnkurJ Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The silver pieces are showing 4/16, the gold has now been pushed back to 7/17. Safe to say I'm not getting my gold pieces from the Mint, many/most of us will be in the same boat, secondary market for me. >>

What time did your order go in? Mine for two golds went in at 2:42 and show backordered with a ship date of 6/21.
    All coins kept in bank vaults.
    PCGS Registries
    Box of 20
    SeaEagleCoins: 11/14/54-4/5/12. Miss you Larry!
  • Options
    jessewvujessewvu Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 1:04 EST order states all my coins are expected to ship on 4/16, all cancle boxes are gone. That's an update...

My 1:08 EST order states all my coins are expected to ship on 6/01, all cancle boxes are still there.

My 1:12 EST order states my unc clad coins are expected to ship on 4/03, and my proof clad are in stock and reserved, all cancle boxes are still there.
  • Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭
    As of this morning

ALL of my first day orders have moved to ALL ITEMS " In stock and reserved "

42918xxx 12:06 Gold MS
    42919xxx 12:10 Silver PR
    42920xxx 12:18 Gold PR
    42921xxx 12:29 Silver MS
    42922xxx 12:35 Clad PR
    42923xxx 12:39 Clad PR

ALL CREDIT CARDS FULLY CHARGED!

Later order :

Order number: 42985xxx Order Date: 03/29/2014 at 09:51 AM 1 unit backordered. Expected to ship on 06/21/2014.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    My 12:05 est order shows " in stock and reserved ".

Credit card has been billed for the full amount by the mint.
  • Options
    My order 42921XXX showed just showed up with "In stock and reserved" for all items.
  • Options
    In stock and reserved on everything ~ C/C charged…now I'm starting to get excited!! image
  • Options
    JebJeb Posts: 122
    My order also states "In stock and reserved". Can't wait to get them.
  • Options
    Half my order is "in stock and reserved". The others have dates similar to what they were in the past. Should be lost in the mail soon.
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CC dinged for the Proof Clads.
    Bag on the way. Tracking # for something.

Ordered 4:59 PM EST day of release

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My 9:50 PST gold order went from a 4-14 ship date, went to no date "In stock and reserved".
  • Options
    My orders are on hold, how would I know if there was issue with my credit card or something else with my order, would they word it different.
    Thanks for your help.
  • Options
    "Your order is on hold" is the Mint's way of saying: "you're in the game!" Eventually "Your order is in process" will follow.
  • Options

<< <i>My orders are on hold, how would I know if there was issue with my credit card or something else with my order, would they word it different.
    Thanks for your help. >>

Give customer service a call - they don't bite. You will clear up any concerns and maybe have a pleasant time of it.

800 - 872 - 6468

PS. Have your order numbers on hand
  • Options
    erickso1erickso1 Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭
    FWIW,

My 12:05 order that was in process " in stock and reserved" this morning, changed to backordered with a 4/17 ship date.
  • Options
    Yep, my first (primary) order just went to "In stock and reserved". That's always a good sign. image
  • Options
    Them the us mint are tricky they billed all the shipping charge on all my orders to lock me in. I bet they will ship me that dam bag so i cant cancel. But i wonder if i can cancel just the bag if that work. image

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    LowBudgetLowBudget Posts: 383 ✭✭

<< <i>Them the us mint are tricky they billed all the shipping charge on all my orders to lock me in. I bet they will ship me that dam bag so i cant cancel. But i wonder if i can cancel just the bag if that work. image >>

the mint shipped my bag and says the HOF will ship 4/16 and cancel button is there now. Wasn't there until today.
    "I'm dropping my standards so that I can buy more"
  • Options
    I went to all my orders and cancel that dam bag they can keep it. I'll wait for the coin but want the opt to cancel with out them saying well we sent you a bag that is why we charge you a shipping fee. I took care of that. image I had 11 shipping charge's today on my CC.

Hoard the keys.
  • Options
    My "Expected to ship" moved up to 4/3 on the Silver. This leaves only the $5 unc as being back ordered for an extended period of time.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file