Home U.S. Coin Forum

US Coin often has lots of CACed coins!

if you folks are interested~
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1924-D-10C-MERCURY-DIME-PCGS-MS65FB-NICE-FULL-BANDS-CAC-DENVER-MINT-/161249371254

i have nothing at all to do with them just passing on for fellow CAC collectors!

Comments

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>i have nothing at all to do with them just passing on for fellow CAC collectors! >>

There are 4,830 results for CAC in the US Coins category so there are many more to pass on image
  • BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes they do along with sea salvaged conserved ones image

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Nice Gold coin.
  • YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that the same company that bans you for asking for more pictures?
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Is that the same company that bans you for asking for more pictures? >>

We're here for the dirt.. . image Tell us more !!!!! . . .image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
    I read several weeks ago on this forum about an Ebay seller that banned a bidder for asking for another photo.
    "U.S." Was in the name, but don't remember the rest.
    Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I read several weeks ago on this forum about an Ebay seller that banned a bidder for asking for another photo.
    "U.S." Was in the name, but don't remember the rest. >>

Different company.
    Thanks for clearing that up.
  • shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broadstruck...what's the problem? That's clearly a perfectly original cleaned coin. image
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Is that the same company that bans you for asking for more pictures? >>

We're here for the dirt.. . image Tell us more !!!!! . . .image >>

...well, right now, anyway.....get ready to head for the bomb-shelter..image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I find it interesting when I see dealers that are dominant CAC dealers and then them not having CAC inventory, it kind of says, "these green bean coins are nice, but these are second class coins."

I know I'm climbing the inference ladder a bit here, but if a dealer has a few CAC coins in inventory I think, "ok, they bought some nice CAC coins but they don't submit to CAC." When I see a dealer that I know is a hard core, submit every coin to CAC dealer, and they are selling some inventory without CAC stickers, psychologically I stay away from that inventory...
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,254 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I find it interesting when I see dealers that are dominant CAC dealers and then them not having CAC inventory, it kind of says, "these green bean coins are nice, but these are second class coins."

I know I'm climbing the inference ladder a bit here, but if a dealer has a few CAC coins in inventory I think, "ok, they bought some nice CAC coins but they don't submit to CAC." When I see a dealer that I know is a hard core, submit every coin to CAC dealer, and they are selling some inventory without CAC stickers, psychologically I stay away from that inventory... >>

I've had the same thought. Did you ever try asking them why an expensive coin in their inventory wasn't CACed?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• like the SS central america gold image
  • BoosibriBoosibri Posts: 11,827 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I find it interesting when I see dealers that are dominant CAC dealers and then them not having CAC inventory, it kind of says, "these green bean coins are nice, but these are second class coins."

I know I'm climbing the inference ladder a bit here, but if a dealer has a few CAC coins in inventory I think, "ok, they bought some nice CAC coins but they don't submit to CAC." When I see a dealer that I know is a hard core, submit every coin to CAC dealer, and they are selling some inventory without CAC stickers, psychologically I stay away from that inventory... >>

I've had the same thought. Did you ever try asking them why an expensive coin in their inventory wasn't CACed? >>

I think part of the art is in identifying coins that would never CAC from coins that are a bit stretched in terms of grade but would CAC at a slightly lower grade. A very tough coin in a non-CAC holder which is stretched on grading often will sell for the same price when fairly graded and CAC'ed. Emphasis on rare coins here.
  • That 1857 is the BIGGEST double eagle I have ever seen!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file