Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

newp 1951-d Franklin with color ---- guess the grade---PCGS grade posted

so hard to find a 51d with decent color , I wanted to show it off. give me your opinions on how you grade the coin . will post pcgs grade later .

Comments

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ms65fbl

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Wabbit2313Wabbit2313 Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

65 FBL. NICE!
  • Options
    kazkaz Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No idea on grade. But, I really like the look!image
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    That's a beauty...64fbl
  • Options
    cucamongacoincucamongacoin Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭
    65FBL
    <a target=new class=ftalternatingbarlinklarge href="http://www.ebay.com/sch/cucamo...?_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc="> MY EBAY
  • Options
    ModCrewmanModCrewman Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take 65 FBL.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice looking '51-D! image FROM THE IMAGES borderline 66FBL. Given that there are hits on the eyebrow and given how PCGS is tougher on darker toned Frankies I'd say MS65+FBL.
  • Options
    CoppercolorCoppercolor Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice looking '51-D! image FROM THE IMAGES borderline 66FBL. Given that there are hits on the eyebrow and given how PCGS is tougher on darker toned Frankies I'd say MS65+FBL. >>

Could go this way to 65+ FBL or they could downgrade for unusual color pattern to 64FBL. I am leaning toward 64FBL.
    I'd like my copper well done please!
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,767 ✭✭✭✭✭
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Really clean cheek and bell, so for that I'll be the first to say 66FBL.

What could keep it down is if the hazed look of the toning subdues the luster too much. Hard to tell from the pic.

Tough, tough date for color.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats! Nice looking Frankie... 65FBL

ABimage
  • Options
    YonicoYonico Posts: 149
    66FBL
  • Options
    bosco5041bosco5041 Posts: 1,303
    Nice toning, I like it.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,982 ✭✭✭✭✭
    65 FBL, buts since its in a newer holder, 66 FBL
    nice coin
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>What could keep it down is if the hazed look of the toning subdues the luster too much. Hard to tell from the pic. >>

Are we looking at the same coin?

Looks like 66 luster to me. The color looks just slightly off, but I think this may be a white balance issue.

PCGS rewards mint set toning, especially in 1951 (just ask Coppercolor- he has had some great grades on 51 mint sets) but I am thinking just too much contact for 66-- and something may be going on with the rim at 3:00.

I would stick with 65FBL, maybe with a +.
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>will post pcgs grade later . >>

is it later yet? image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    deltadimemandeltadimeman Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭
    most everyone had the right pcgs grade - ms65fbl. if anyone has a colorful 51d Franklin please post it . I think the 51d may be more difficult than the 49d when it comes to nice color ?

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't know about bell lines.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    RonyahskiRonyahski Posts: 3,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>What could keep it down is if the hazed look of the toning subdues the luster too much. Hard to tell from the pic. >>

Looks like 66 luster to me. The color looks just slightly off, but I think this may be a white balance issue.

PCGS rewards mint set toning, especially in 1951 (just ask Coppercolor- he has had some great grades on 51 mint sets) but I am thinking just too much contact for 66-- and something may be going on with the rim at 3:00.

I would stick with 65FBL, maybe with a +. >>

Maybe you are looking at the first picture, which wasn't up when I posted. The second and third pictures definitely show potential hazing.
    Some refer to overgraded slabs as Coffins. I like to think of them as Happy Coins.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I would stick with 65FBL, maybe with a +. >>

Maybe you are looking at the first picture, which wasn't up when I posted. The second and third pictures definitely show potential hazing. >>

Darryl, great to see you posting up on a Frankie thread.
    Looks like I got to skiddish grading this coin. The reverse is smoking clean for a 51D. I just got shy with the unusual color and haze. Unusually attractive 51D Deltadimeman!
  • Options
    Originally posted by: Thor11
    My Dad , PawPaul, sez that piece for piece , no other collector in the world can match Ronyahski's set for Grade, eye appeal, and magnificence !!

Thor11,
    Ask your dad to post that beautiful 51D franklin we discussed that he upgraded from 65FBL to 66FBL. It was clean and green!

• Options
    Originally posted by: Coppercolor
    My Dad , PawPaul, sez that piece for piece , no other collector in the world can match Ronyahski's set for Grade, eye appeal, and magnificence !!

Thor11,
    Ask your dad to post that beautiful 51D franklin we discussed that he upgraded from 65FBL to 66FBL. It was clean and green!

There it is! Found it!

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

Thor11,

There it is! Found it!

man that's just hammered.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got here late for GTG....would have said 64...I am tough on Franklins though. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,686 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Originally posted by: asheland
    MS64

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file