Home Precious Metals

UPDATE- 2014 ATB Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated - Mintage 65,000 each?!

carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
Mint rep told me that mintage for 2014 America the Beautiful Five Ounce Silver Uncirculated Coins would be 65,000 each.
If true, that is a big increase. 2012 prices should see an uptick.

Loves me some shiny!

Comments

• PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is that mintage limit for the bullion coins or the P mintmarked collector coins or both?

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭
    thats more than double any P mint so far.
    the last few years have been between 40k-60k ea combined for the P mints and the bullion.
    maybe thats what she was talking about- 40k for bullion and 25k for P
    Is it possible these higher mintage limits may discourage investors from buying the 2014 issues resulting in even lower sales than 2013?

Im sure they got a lot of subscriptions with the 10% off. they sold almost 11k bullion to the AP's on the first day.
    Ive been looking for posted mintage limits for a few weeks but haven't found anything yet.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    She was clear it was for P version only and that they did not have info for bullion mintage.
    I think they had a huge surge in subscriptions due to the %10 off and no limit.
    Dealers are loading up due to strong lineup with images of Hawaii prices dancing in their heads.
    The Mint is cranking up the press in response.

Loves me some shiny!
  • thats extremely high, the highest sales to date is the 2010's at 27k
    they had a 35k mintage for the 2011's but didn't sell over 25k.
    I have been only buying the bullion version up till this point but set up a sub for the 2014's with the 10% off putting them close to the bullion in price.
    I'll wait to see the announced mintage and the first week sales to decide if I'll keep them.

<< <i>thats extremely high, the highest sales to date is the 2010's at 27k
    they had a 35k mintage for the 2011's but didn't sell over 25k. >>

Good information. Raising the mintage limit may actually depress sales among speculators and investors. Collectors will continue to buy them no matter what the mintage is.

• pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    I think its the $139 price tag driving these. I reemember when they were $279. Looking at only a $8 premium per ounce for the P ATBs. ASE premiums normally run around $2.5.
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,462 ✭✭✭✭
    Uncirculated Mintage published The maximum mintage for this coin is 25,000 units.
    That is good news, 25,000 is on the low side comparable to 2012.

The bullion is currently @ 15,000 sold

Loves me some shiny!
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,503 ✭✭✭
    These could sell out by subscriptions only. We shall see. $154 vs. $139 (10% discount for subscriptions)
  • mikliamiklia Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭
    add to the 25k mintage the free shipping (if buying multiples) and no fee for cc, and this starts to turn into a pretty interesting offer. thanks for the heads up on it.
  • lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,692 ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for pointing out the subscription discount
    LCoopie = Les
  • OverdateOverdate Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the 2012 "P" mints except El Yunque have mintages under 15K. Chaco and Denali are under 14K. I don't see much premium price potential for the 2014 "P" coins if the mintages are in the 25K range.

My Adolph A. Weinman signature :)

subscriptions went to on hold today.
    ------5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 04/19/2014.

<< <i>subscriptions went to on hold today.
    ------5 units backordered. Expected to ship on 04/19/2014. >>

Does this mean that the number of subscriptions has now reached 25,000? If so, hopefully they won't raise the mintage limit.

I think it is just because they haven't been released yet.
    It will probably change after Monday when they are released.
  • OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    Agreed. They havent been added for the "for sale" list, im guessing the backorder is shown to account for the preorder. just my guess though.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
    they now say "instock and reserved"
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe the Mint is close to a sell out for this puck ... last report that I saw, indicated 22,000+ out of a possible 25,000 sold.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • JimDepotJimDepot Posts: 957 ✭✭
    Received mine yesterday, the best one so far.

• I got mine via subscription over a week ago. I kept them sealed in mint shipping incase the premium rises so I can sell it as 1st strike eligible. I hope these sell out and sell out quick!
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Received mine yesterday, the best one so far. >>

Likewise...but it took a "crowbar" to remove the coin from the presentation caseimage These suckers are in there tight.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."