Home Precious Metals

some advice seen today on yahoo finance

bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

you are now entering the twilight zone

They used the word "savvy" they must be seriousimage

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    ""That is what buying stocks is all about. Using the proceeds from a mortgage to buy equities can monetize a holding, increase the investment income and raise the level of liquidity for a portfolio. For long-term investing, there is nothing better.""

Living on the street will be fun too.
  • This article is a joke...right? Was this some term paper written by some college freshman for his econ 101 class about what not to do?
    Veni, Vidi, Vici
  • cupronikcupronik Posts: 773 ✭✭✭
    Sounds like advice from a yay-hoo!

• << <i>This article is a joke...right? Was this some term paper written by some college freshman for his econ 101 class about what not to do? >>

That was my first thought too. Most likely written by a kid just out of college.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,362 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bernanke's doctoral thesis?
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will bring a bunch of investors out of the woodwork and cause many to lose their homes. Cheers, RickO
  • mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭

<< <i>""That is what buying stocks is all about. Using the proceeds from a mortgage to buy equities can monetize a holding, increase the investment income and raise the level of liquidity for a portfolio. For long-term investing, there is nothing better.""

Living on the street will be fun too. >>

GREAT f/u comment and right on.
    I had a nice laugh here!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,186 ✭✭✭✭✭
    article makes perfectly good sense to those that still have a shirt (creditworthiness) and are willing to risk losing it. If you need a gambling loan, interest rates have never been better. image

Yahoo just doing their part. They have been trying for years to fit the mainstream news media model. Yahoo Finance could very well be the "Shoeshiner advice" moment.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,490 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Sounds like advice from a yay-hoo! >>

that might sum it up image
  • secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    you'd get better investing advice from a clown on the street
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dang, and here I am getting ready to sell some stock to buy a house to use as an investment property....