Home Precious Metals
Options

20k In Pm's for the long term

A friend has the opportunity to drop 20K into PM's. Looking for suggestion of a good break down . Example silver eagle monster box , couple $100 bags of junk silver, 1/4oz gold eagles? What and where would you buy from?

Thanks Oilstates2003
It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!

Comments

• Options
    My original advise was Ganisville with a silver eagle monster box, 200 face 90% and a dozen or so 1/4oz eagles.
    It's not the amount of money you spend.... It's the enjoyment you get spending it..

Successful BST transactions with -Youngcoin15, Ajbauman, Metalsman, carew4me, SportsModerator1, Ahrensdad, bstat1020, piecesofme , bigmarty58, Smittys, tydye,DRG ,Coll3ctor, Ciccio, cajun, Swampboy,Excalibur,lordmarcovan,themaster,RedHerring, many more!!!
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    buy chunks of less than $5K at a time at coin shows and/or pawn shops. mostly gold for a smaller footprint.
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    If you believe in the new fuel cells Toyota is bringing out next year I think, one could load up on some palladium. If not, then I'd also go with a monster box and some 90%. If space is an issue, I'd toss in more gold and platinum.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd wait for silver to pull back a bit and buy 2 monster boxes of silver eagles [2013 or 2014, whichever is less] from JMBullion. They will match any legitimate price quote. I'd be in around the $450 per roll area. I don't see the attraction of junk silver unless yer gonna flip $100 bags. You can sell the ASEs 1 at a time, a roll at a time or the whole green box.
  • Options
    I would buy a monster box of 2014 Silver eagles from JM Bullion, spend the rest on 90% silver halves only. IMO I would stay away from "Graded Bullion". I still will never understand why folks want MS 70 Eagles. With the advances in technology at the mints the coins should all come off at 69's or 70's. Then they sell for a "way to much premium.......Stay Away from Graded coins........

Tom
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    All 90%. Maybe not the easiest to store, but the easiest to get rid of in the event of an emergency and because it is the most familiar to people who don't do what we do in the event you needed to trade with someone like that.

My 2nd choice would be 1/10 oz AGES for more less the same reasons. Stay away from anything collectible. Collectible doesn't help you more often that not if you're in a pinch and need quick cash.

I know this is for long term holding, but it also works for shtf scenarios as well imo.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    silver eagles would be my advice and it looks like JM has the best price. One consideration with silver is that it requires a secure storage space and 500 ounces of silver is really too much for a safe deposit box. If depending on a SDB for storage then gold eagles ($10 quarter ouncers) are the way to go. I also agree that silver will most likely go down in the short term, so watch prices to get the most bang for the buck.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    GOLD !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I like 90 percent silver in 100 dollar face bags with some ASE's thrown in for good measure. As Bajjerfan stated I would try to locate the best price possible. I am not a fan of paying premimuns for graded bullion. I would rather have more silver and gold. I have a lot of 2 and 2 1/2 peso gold but would look more toward 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 or 1 ounce as the math is easier. Unless silver moves a lot this year I plan on buying at least 1 or 2 bags of 100 dollar 90 percent silver every month this year. I made 24 cents last month on a 5k CD at the bank. lol
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    freechancefreechance Posts: 380 ✭✭

<< <i>silver eagles would be my advice and it looks like JM has the best price. One consideration with silver is that it requires a secure storage space and 500 ounces of silver is really too much for a safe deposit box. If depending on a SDB for storage then gold eagles ($10 quarter ouncers) are the way to go. I also agree that silver will most likely go down in the short term, so watch prices to get the most bang for the buck. >>

1500 oz fits in an SDB problem free, just don't expect the teller to pull it out for you.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>silver eagles would be my advice and it looks like JM has the best price. One consideration with silver is that it requires a secure storage space and 500 ounces of silver is really too much for a safe deposit box. If depending on a SDB for storage then gold eagles ($10 quarter ouncers) are the way to go. I also agree that silver will most likely go down in the short term, so watch prices to get the most bang for the buck. >>

1500 oz fits in an SDB problem free, just don't expect the teller to pull it out for you. >>

good luck with approx. 150 lbs. in any SDB., regardless of whether it will fit.

• Options

<< <i>I like 90 percent silver in 100 dollar face bags with some ASE's thrown in for good measure. As Bajjerfan stated I would try to locate the best price possible. I am not a fan of paying premimuns for graded bullion. I would rather have more silver and gold. I have a lot of 2 and 2 1/2 peso gold but would look more toward 1/10, 1/4, 1/2 or 1 ounce as the math is easier. Unless silver moves a lot this year I plan on buying at least 1 or 2 bags of 100 dollar 90 percent silver every month this year. I made 24 cents last month on a 5k CD at the bank. lol >>

It seems to me that $100 face bags have a bit of the same issue as 1 ounce of gold in that it prices many buyers out of the market due to cost and in spite of the extra premium, it is often recommended to buy quarter ounce eagles instead of 1 ouncers. At least a tube of ASEs is somewhat comparable to a quarter ounce of gold.

Anyone know if 90% is insurable thru the USPS?
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All in 1/10 oz AGE.
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the rest of the guys. A monster box of ASEs $12,000 (unless he really likes silver bars, then JM/Engelhard/Geiger 10 oz bars) and the rest in 1/4 AGEs (22 for $8000).
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options

<< <i>All 90%. Maybe not the easiest to store, but the easiest to get rid of in the event of an emergency and because it is the most familiar to people who don't do what we do in the event you needed to trade with someone like that.

My 2nd choice would be 1/10 oz AGES for more less the same reasons. Stay away from anything collectible. Collectible doesn't help you more often that not if you're in a pinch and need quick cash.

I know this is for long term holding, but it also works for shtf scenarios as well imo. >>

I agree with staying away from anything "collectible" but I'd go the other direction on the junk silver in terms of SHTF. "The Masses" don't know that pre-64 coins were 90% silver. However, an ASE says "1 oz fine silver" right on it. Crystal clear even to a lay-person.

But then again.......junk silver is less faked than ASEs. But that shouldn't be a problem for your friend since he'll probably be buying from a reputable dealer.
    Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>All 90%. Maybe not the easiest to store, but the easiest to get rid of in the event of an emergency and because it is the most familiar to people who don't do what we do in the event you needed to trade with someone like that.

I know this is for long term holding, but it also works for shtf scenarios as well imo. >>

I agree with staying away from anything "collectible" but I'd go the other direction on the junk silver in terms of SHTF. "The Masses" don't know that pre-64 coins were 90% silver. However, an ASE says "1 oz fine silver" right on it. Crystal clear even to a lay-person.

But then again.......junk silver is less faked than ASEs. But that shouldn't be a problem for your friend since he'll probably be buying from a reputable dealer. >>

At least with dimes, kerters and halves 90% junk silver is better suited for business/commerce than ASEs.
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. Jm Bullion has the best prices at $100 90% Silver Bag 1572.00 = 6.84% over spot and 500 oz. Silver Eagle Monster Box for 11,560 = 12.34% over spot. These are delivered prices. Also thought i read on here awhile back that MCM will match and beat prices? Maybe MCM can chime in?
    Seems like the best price going right now.Unless someone knows better deals going on.

Thanks Oilstates2003

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 1/4 gold eagles = $13,500

$500 90% = $7500

That's $21,000 or a little more depending on shipping and market swing. Adjust accordingly.

We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any shape or size is fine and .925 is a fineness.
  • Options
    fivecentsfivecents Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1 ounce AGEs. Too much premium when buying the fractionals.
  • Options
    Can someone 'splain something to me?
    I'm trying to understand why some are suggesting to buy 1/4 oz age's. If you are trying to pay the least amount of premium and you are hell bent on it being gold, and on an AGE, wouldn't buying 1 oz'ers be the better buy, especially if it is a long term holding?
    What is the attraction from a long term hold point of view to buy the 1/4 oz vs. the 1 oz? I'm not being a smart arse, I'm honestly trying to understand the thinking behind it for this particular question proposed by the OP. Help me understand because I need to know image It's in my nature to do so.
  • Options

<< <i>Can someone 'splain something to me?
    I'm trying to understand why some are suggesting to buy 1/4 oz age's. If you are trying to pay the least amount of premium and you are hell bent on it being gold, and on an AGE, wouldn't buying 1 oz'ers be the better buy, especially if it is a long term holding?
    What is the attraction from a long term hold point of view to buy the 1/4 oz vs. the 1 oz? I'm not being a smart arse, I'm honestly trying to understand the thinking behind it for this particular question proposed by the OP. Help me understand because I need to know image It's in my nature to do so. >>

If you're buying gold eagles for an investment, then you are planning on gold going up. If you are planning on gold going up you want to be selling something that more people can afford. Say gold doubles in price and you decide to sell. It will be a lot easier to sell an $800 coin than it would be to sell a $3000 coin. I suggest quarter ouncers over tenth ouncers because of the premium issue. Same theory as buying 10 oz. silver bars (or one oz bars for more premium) instead of 100 oz. silver bars. All bullion purchases should include a consideration of future buyer demand of the specific product. Same applies to counterfeiting, the easier/more likely to counterfeit the harder to later find buyers. This is why American Eagles are recommended by many over Chinese Pandas and other products that carry a lower premium.

<< <i>Jm Bullion has the best prices at $100 90% Silver Bag 1572.00 = 6.84% over spot and 500 oz. Silver Eagle Monster Box for 11,560 = 12.34% over spot. These are delivered prices. Also thought i read on here awhile back that MCM will match and beat prices? >>

Keep an eye on dbscoins.com, reputable and competitive at times.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>
    Keep an eye on dbscoins.com, reputable and competitive at times. >>

Conspiracy - derryb, dbs coins, same dude, ha!
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Conspiracy - derryb, dbs coins, same dude, ha! >>

Good one. Actually his name is David, I always call him before placing an order to confirm he has item on hand. Great service, highly recommend.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

What is the attraction from a long term hold point of view to buy the 1/4 oz vs. the 1 oz? I'm not being a smart arse, I'm honestly trying to understand the thinking behind it for this particular question proposed by the OP. Help me understand because I need to know image It's in my nature to do so. >>

i propose its a $1 bill mentality, reason being there are significantly more $100 bills in value than any other note... buy 1oz or more...
    keceph `anah
  • Options

<< <i>

i propose its a $1 bill mentality, reason being there are significantly more $100 bills in value than any other note... buy 1oz or more... >>

More people are willing to conduct a transaction involving your $1 bill than are willing to accept your $100 bill. Thanks, a good example of why smaller is better when making an exchange.

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    nah, great example is the high roller tables in vegas, more money moved there than at the dollar tables and easier much easier to do business...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭
    40 1/4 oz gold eagles and the rest in 1/2 oz gold eagles. Divisibility is good up to a point, but after awhile it works against you if you sell them one at a time. A mix of large and small makes some sense. The premiums fluctuate both for you and against you, so that's a wash for all practical purposes.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Conspiracy - derryb, dbs coins, same dude, ha! >>

Good one. Actually his name is David, I always call him before placing an order to confirm he has item on hand. Great service, highly recommend. >>

That d b softball was just sitting there for a swing, ha! You know I'm just bustin chopsimage
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    6-7 weeks ago I bought 10 ounces gold at $1305 ( $55 over spot ) and a monster box of ASE's for 24.8K, nd $500 face at 15x. Happy.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    More people are willing to conduct a transaction involving your $1 bill than are willing to accept your $100 bill. Thanks, a good example of why smaller is better when making an exchange

ok, thanks for the thoughts guys but I now have a comment based on those reasons why a 1/4 should be purchased instead of a 1 oz'er in this long term example (question) asked by the OP.
    One should not talk about avoiding premiums in the same breath when recommending buying the smaller coin. Fair statement? Because, you are paying a bigger premium of the 1/4's are purchased over the 1 oz piece.
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can think of a reason to buy fractionals . image you can walk into a coin store and sell them and get paid cash . Usually you have to take a check for a 1 oz coin.

Remember a few years ago there was a lot of talk about transactions over $600 causing a form to be filed? If that limit kicks in at some point a quarter ounce might be right at $600 better be safe and get tenths

• Options
    There is a case to be made for both large and small denominations (or chunks of value, as it were). There are instances when one becomes more convenient than the other, and vice versa. Liquidity is important, but there are also times when it's more advantageous to sell 1 big item instead of bringing 100 small items into the shop.

Either way, you always should try to sell when you aren't backed into a corner. Always try to negotiate from a position of strength. Of course, if gold jumps from $1300 to $2000 in a few short weeks, you'll feel like you can do no wrong and you might be willing to make a quick sale at $1800, but that would be a tactical error.

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

<< <i>There is a case to be made for both large and small denominations (or chunks of value, as it were). There are instances when one becomes more convenient than the other, and vice versa. Liquidity is important, but there are also times when it's more advantageous to sell 1 big item instead of bringing 100 small items into the shop.

Either way, you always should try to sell when you aren't backed into a corner. Always try to negotiate from a position of strength. Of course, if gold jumps from $1300 to $2000 in a few short weeks, you'll feel like you can do no wrong and you might be willing to make a quick sale at $1800, but that would be a tactical error. >>

After seeing how BM's like to hammer people that walk in with 1 oz bullion I don't see any reason to get involved in that.

"well $80 back of melt is the best I can do, no one is buying ounces now" "I could do better if it was an eagle , nobody buys krugs anymore" " this maple is all dinged up , .999 gold is too soft it shows every mark " " MS69's are no better than raw" blah blah blah image

You can put ten tenth ounce BIN listings on ebay and sell them in an hour . Ten 1 oz listings might sell in an hour too but I would be nervous trusting paypal for that amount.

Plus if I need to sell 10 ounces in one day I'm doing something wrong anyway
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My accountant wonders why I do what I do.
    I told him he's starting to sound like my ex wife.
  • Options
    s4nys4ny Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭
    $7000 in silver my preference is XF Franklins.

$13,000 in gold. I would buy 5, 10, 20 Libs. XF or slabbed "details."

• Options

<< <i>My accountant wonders why I do what I do.
    I told him he's starting to sound like my ex wife. >>

Ex-wives and their lawyers are another reason to only sell for cash. In fact tenth ounces could be a good exit strategy in the event a marriage goes south.

Bug out bags aren't just for the apocalypse image
  • Options
    StorkStork Posts: 5,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just like doctors, if you ask 4 doctors you'll get 5 opinions....and never mind the patient has already gotten better--everyone is still talking about the interesting case!

My question for the friend would be...is this purely an investment, is it a bit of the SHTF, is it something that he/she would like to do quietly/privately and what are the storage plans?

-If it was purely investment and no worry about storage, liquidity or privacy...I'd do about 5 oz in gold one ounce Eagles and the rest in 10 and 100 oz bars to get a mix I like.
    -If storage is more of an issue, then I'd do 10 oz in 1 oz gold and the rest in silver, but sticking to the biggest bars that fill the balance. I also might lean more to silver eagles rolls instead of bars for uniformity sake (like going into a storage box easily).
    -If I wanted to buy/sell in smaller amounts then I'd go up the premium chain for the gold more, and personally I like the 1/10 ounce rolls. They are unobtrusive and tuck into small spaces, and hopefully will recoup the premium on the sell side. The silver would then be 10 ounce bars and/or silver eagle rolls.
    -Heck if all you wanted was something small, portable and easily hidden, go all into the 1/10 ers and no silver. Though...if you are taking a few ounces through airport security, they look funny in a roll or tube on an x-ray...but look like dimes in a wallet. Just sayin'.
    -If this is a SHTF type of guy, then I'd go all 90%. No one needs to think you have ANY gold....
    -If he wants to have fun and feed a collector gene, then collect numismatic gold, slabbed bullion etc. I have the first Aussie lunar series slabbed and I pretend it's bullion, but we all know it's for the collector. That will not necessarily be the most efficient use of his money but he can have fun at the same time.

Personally, I like having a little of everything including 90%, but I find the 90% the most irritating in terms of keeping in rolls and stacking etc. Others I'm sure have different opinions image.

Just my own multiple opinions for the the guy who already said thank you....

• Options
    Plus if I need to sell 10 ounces in one day I'm doing something wrong anyway

There are several times that I've sold 10 oz in one day, but I wasn't in a position where I had to sell. There is a difference. Forward planning is your friend.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A 4 piece platinum eagle set, a 4 piece gold eagle set, a roll or two of unc ASE, a partial roll of more unc 1/4 oz. AGE, and the rest in junk 90%, mostly dollars, halves and quarters.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    but I find the 90% the most irritating in terms of keeping in rolls and stacking etc. Others I'm sure have different opinions image

I am one, and will gladly do my best to reduce your irritation level. image
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    I will go all in Gold.
    I don't see big problems selling full ounce coins, there will always be a smelter or an "Apmex" willing to buy.
    If gold skyrocket, you can afford to sell a little under spot too, which is always appealing.

With $20K you will have more than 1 extra ounce if buying full ounce coins against the tenth ozers.
    My numbers say 14.44 oz against 13.33.

I'd take the chance.
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,586 ✭✭✭✭
    I would definitely make sure to price www.goldmart.com.
    > [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&amp;_in_kw=1&amp;_ex_kw=&amp;_sacat=0&amp;_udlo=&amp;_udhi=&amp;_ftrt=901&amp;_ftrv=1&amp;_sabdlo=&amp;_sabdhi=&amp;_samilow=&amp;_samihi=&amp;_sadis=15&amp;_stpos=61611&amp;_sargn=-1&saslc=1&amp;_salic=1&amp;_fss=1&amp;_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&amp;_saslop=1&amp;_sasl=mygirlsthree3&amp;_sop=12&amp;_dmd=1&amp;_ipg=50&amp;_fosrp=1)
    >

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.
  • Options

<< <i>I would definitely make sure to price www.goldmart.com. >>

IIRC they had delivery issues awhile back, really slow.
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I will go all in Gold.
    I don't see big problems selling full ounce coins, there will always be a smelter or an "Apmex" willing to buy.
    If gold skyrocket, you can afford to sell a little under spot too, which is always appealing.

With $20K you will have more than 1 extra ounce if buying full ounce coins against the tenth ozers.

I'd take the chance. >>

If you fall into the trap of paying premiums.image
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    In my ten years of buying/selling gold eagles I have always recovered my premium over spot. In the last few years premiums have increased for both the buyer and the seller. I do not let premiums affect my purchasing as long as they are the "going" rate.

• Options
    but I find the 90% the most irritating in terms of keeping in rolls and stacking etc. Others I'm sure have different opinionsimage

That is why they invented canvas.image

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>

I'd take the chance. >>

If you fall into the trap of paying premiums.image >>

I have never seen 1/10 AGE at melt. For sure not $20K of them...
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>In my ten years of buying/selling gold eagles I have always recovered my premium over spot. In the last few years premiums have increased for both the buyer and the seller. I do not let premiums affect my purchasing as long as they are the "going" rate. >>

Even a generic gold bar sells for a + premium to spot, so the premium you are referring to should really be the premium over the cheapest readily available pure gold bar of equivalent net weight of gold.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'd take the chance. >>

If you fall into the trap of paying premiums.image >>

I have never seen 1/10 AGE at melt. For sure not $20K of them... >>

What is the point of paying any premium?

If you have 10,000 to spend at APMEX on gold , buy mexican 10 peso coins for 337.56 each then turn around and sell them back to APMEX instantly and you will lose $458

Now buy random date 1/4 ounce AGE's for 371.69 each then turn around and sell them back to APMEX instantly and you will lose $486

I don't see the advantage in dollars and with the peso's you have almost a half ounce more gold in your pocket.