Home Precious Metals

PayPal Delivery Confirmation requirement changes

OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
from $250 USD to $750 USD, and the foreign equivalency amounts are also being increased., effective May 15, 2014

That's a saving of a couple of bucks.
"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

Comments

• MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Will certainly save some money on shipping. Negative will be lots of stuff will be just left in the mailbox.
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't heard this,,,,, are you saying PayPal doesn't require signature conf until $750 now?

GrandAm image
    GrandAm :)
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I haven't heard this,,,,, are you saying PayPal doesn't require signature conf until $750 now?

GrandAm image >>

Effective 5/15/2014
  • any source for this info? I looked and did not see it.

Also is this for sale directly threw paypal and ebay or just paypal?

Thanks for the update. If this is true it will save me a ton on shipping.
  • ok here is what I found out

ebay is now going to 750.00 BUT paypal will stay at 250.00. So this means if the buyer files a claim threw ebay you are fine BUT if the buyer goes threw paypal and you don't have S.C for the item over 250.00 you are SOL. So what I am saying is BUY S.C. for anything paid with pp over 250.00. The crooks will know they can skip ebay for the dispute and go right to pp for the free item.

Check and double check.......

trust and safty ebay forum
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,580 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have filed buyer claims through both ebay and paypal and by far paypal is best and quickest for resolving buyer issues. Probably because they control the money.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ok here is what I found out

ebay is now going to 750.00 BUT paypal will stay at 250.00. So this means if the buyer files a claim threw ebay you are fine BUT if the buyer goes threw paypal and you don't have S.C for the item over 250.00 you are SOL. So what I am saying is BUY S.C. for anything paid with pp over 250.00. The crooks will know they can skip ebay for the dispute and go right to pp for the free item.

Check and double check.......

trust and safty ebay forum >>

Not so...PayPal's requirement will also change to $750.

change in PayPal user agreement

"This section will be changed to increase the dollar amount required for signature confirmation from $250 USD to $750 USD, and the foreign equivalency amounts are also being increased."
  • MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    OPA is correct.

my notification came from paypal, not Ebay.