Options
Is it OK to keep silver bullion in a PVC wrapper?
lcoopie
Posts: 8,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
I just got a 10 ounce bar from Provident of silver, new.
It is sealed in a thick soft plastic wrapper
I smelled it for some reason, and I think it has PVC in it, smells like slip covers
I wonder if that is the usual way of keeping silver?
It is sealed in a thick soft plastic wrapper
I smelled it for some reason, and I think it has PVC in it, smells like slip covers
I wonder if that is the usual way of keeping silver?
LCoopie = Les
0
Comments
"Bullionaires sure are some funny people, aren't they?"
Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
"Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
"Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire
The vinyl might become brittle over time, but that won't effect the silver. If I had bars in original vinyl where the vinyl was becoming noticeably "melty", I would be a little concerned. Maybe just concerned enough to remove them from the vinyl.
--Severian the Lame
I will stop smelling my stuff
<< <i>thank you all
I will stop smelling my stuff >>
the PVC starts to break down and gets slick.
It may not hurt the silver buttttttt it does get messy .... so .....
Just go on Flee-Bay and look up 10oz. sleeves. You may find that a pack
of 100 will run you $30 +/- ...... then simply replace and you are good
for another 10 years or so.
Keep on Stack'n!!
********************
Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
<< <i>I don't like the slimy feeling. >>
not many of us do
"Money does not care about speeches on morality. Capital asks whether the rules will remain the same tomorrow. With inflation, people assume price is the problem, and propose regulation—but price is simply the message." - Martin Armstrong
"Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." -Luke 11:9
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: And thou shalt love the LORD thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy might." -Deut. 6:4-5
"For the LORD is our judge, the LORD is our lawgiver, the LORD is our king; He will save us." -Isaiah 33:22