Home Precious Metals
Options

My wife wants to buy her first PM!!

Jinx86Jinx86 Posts: 3,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
All the talk shes heard from me over the years and all the advice I had given other people must have sunk in. I had helped her uncle put a plan together to buy gold/silver over the coarse of the next year. Trying to buy dips when ever possible.

She asked me, "What happens if we have a hyper inflation period. Are WE ready for that?"

I found a keeper.

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My girlfriend wants another Celine bag

MJ
    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My shoeshine boy sells ASEs and Engelhard old-pours as a side-business image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,400 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hyperinflation is when everybody knows that the money is going down faster than you can spend it. We aren't there yet, and may not ever get to that point.

Big changes may never happen the way we think that they will happen. Schiff is talking about capital controls. The alternative to high inflation is higher and higher taxes. It's redistribution of wealth via the healthcare system. It's whatever the government thinks that they can get away with having you pay for.

Don't focus on the risk of hyperinflation without thinking about the other ways that your finances could be attacked. They want your money and assets. Figure out the best ways not to surrender what you've already earned to the system. They will keep trying every way they know to take away what you've worked for. Stay current.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,558 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>All the talk shes heard from me over the years and all the advice I had given other people must have sunk in. I had helped her uncle put a plan together to buy gold/silver over the coarse of the next year. Trying to buy dips when ever possible.

She asked me, "What happens if we have a hyper inflation period. Are WE ready for that?"

I found a keeper. >>

you got a keeper
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife trusts me to do the PM buying.... she has seen a couple of my deals...image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My wife wants me to sell PM.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    After 25 years my wife wants to surf!

I've tried to teach her in the past. Five times we've had "failure to launch." All of a sudden she wants to go cowabunga on me. Must be the warm water? Partly true. Our new "local" spot has a bunch of senior wahines hitting the surf a daybreak. Mind you, my Island girl isn't close to being senior but she finds them inspirational. Plus, seeing the sun come up over Diamond Head is beautiful. So there you have it.

Oh, my comrade gidget bought smoe silver rounds back in 2006. She still has them and I would bet she hasn't thought about them since.
  • Options
    KyndbrothaKyndbrotha Posts: 63 ✭✭✭

<< <i>After 25 years my wife wants to surf!

I've tried to teach her in the past. Five times we've had "failure to launch." All of a sudden she wants to go cowabunga on me. Must be the warm water? Partly true. Our new "local" spot has a bunch of senior wahines hitting the surf a daybreak. Mind you, my Island girl isn't close to being senior but she finds them inspirational. Plus, seeing the sun come up over Diamond Head is beautiful. So there you have it.

Oh, my comrade gidget bought smoe silver rounds back in 2006. She still has them and I would bet she hasn't thought about them since. >>

Got a nice session at 3's this afternoon. Much better than Pops, maybe 8 guys out.
  • Options
    renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>After 25 years my wife wants to surf!

Oh, my comrade gidget bought smoe silver rounds back in 2006. She still has them and I would bet she hasn't thought about them since. >>

Got a nice session at 3's this afternoon. Much better than Pops, maybe 8 guys out. >>

Nice. I'm on "Eva-side" SUP'ing. Mellow. No tourists. image
  • Options
    daOnlyBGdaOnlyBG Posts: 1,060 ✭✭
    First thought that came to my mind: did she specify the form?!

My friend, by "PM" she might be referring to rings, bracelets, necklaces, earrings, etc.

Successful BST transactions with: blu62vette, Shortgapbob, Dolan, valente151, cucamongacoin, ajaan

Interests:
    Pre-Jump Grade Project
    Toned Commemoratives
  • Options
    My school of thought is that gold rises when there is a loss of confidence in government. Gold trend is now moving up because of Ukrane and other geopolitical tensions. Gold is not rising because of inflation. Has inflation spiked up? No. Not yet. Inflation is NOT the sole driver of gold, in times of inflation, money can flow to land, bonds, currencies etc. image Geopolitical tensions always rise with economic downturns. It's called The Soverign Debt Crisis and everyone is a player.