Home Metal Detecting

Mine Lab E Trac or White's V3i?

Hello Everyone,

First time on these message boards. I started out being a die hard baseball card collector, now I am a coin collector, and currently I want to get outside more and get into metal detecting.

I am looking to buy one, and I am torn between the Mine Lab E Trac, or White's V3i. Also, the Mine Lab Safari looks nice too.

I want an great all around detector. One that is easy to learn, and preferable for coin, relic, and prospecting.

Advice? Who owns what? Why? Do you like it? What don't you like about it?

Please, any and all advice would be great!

Thank you!!!
Jeff

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the V3i.... I do own one..... great technology, easy to operate and White's has the best customer service in the industry. Cheers, RickO
  • Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭✭
    I have owned an E-trac for one season. I used an entry level Garrett previously. The E-trac is a wonderful machine for finding silver coins. I don't dig up much trash because the discrimination is so good. The machine has enough settings that it can be customized to the user's taste. I decided to buy mine after seeing the E-trac used in a number of youtube videos.
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,411 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i always liked the white product. theres nothing wrong with the mine lab series either for both are good. jmo
  • pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,258 ✭✭✭✭
    I've had an e-trac since 2009. It was a tough decision to get that or the V3, but at the time, the V3 wasn't quite released yet. So my impatience got the best of me and I've enjoyed it ever since. It's a good machine. Would you consider the CTX 3030 too?

Have heard a lot of good things about White's customer service.