Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS 50 millionth special

Everyone has probably heard that Collectors Universe certified our 50 millionth collectible at the Atlanta show.

You can read all about it here -

50,000,000 announcement

What you probably haven't heard, because I just found out we haven't posted it to our site for some reason, is that PCGS will be giving away 500 special coins to commemorate this milestone.

The coins are proof 1986 Statue of Liberty 50c (get all the connections?) in a special holder with a custom label signed by none other than David Hall.

These will be added to every order received until we run out. There is a limit of one coin per person regardless of how many orders that person submits.

Comments

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darn

My submissions were received last week and this past Tuesday.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Type2Type2 Posts: 13,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Very cool i cant wait to get one think pos. image

Hoard the keys.
  • bigolebigole Posts: 385 ✭✭✭
    I would love one! I have had a modern order in since Feb 11, I hope pcgs is including orders in process......
  • WingedLiberty1957WingedLiberty1957 Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations, PCGS !! That's an amazing feat.

Hey, am I misunderstanding something ... the "Coins Certified" counter at the top of the PCGS home page says only roughly 28 million coins have been certified as of 3/1

So is the 50 million counting something else?

• CoinJunkieCoinJunkie Posts: 8,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone has probably heard that Collectors Universe certified our 50 millionth collectible at the Atlanta show.

<< <i>Everyone has probably heard that Collectors Universe certified our 50 millionth collectible at the Atlanta show. >>

Ahh, thanks for the clarification. Now I get it ... 50,000,000 collectibles ... but 28,000,000 coins.

I have such "tunnel vision" on coins that I forget about the baseball memorabilia, stamps, etc

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup..."only" 28 million.

Congrats PCGS!
    Lance.

<< <i> Yup..."only" 28 million. Congrats PCGS! - Lance >>

That's almost a billion dollars! I'll take that kind of only!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations PCGS...and a nice gesture as well....Cheers, RickO
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well I got an order marked received 2/10. Not sure but it would seem to me they could run out of these 500 coins pretty quick .

WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don said "every order received" so maybe that means starting today or Monday?
  • valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭
    Got mine back with my gradings in Atlanta! Cool slab!
  • illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Well I got an order marked received 2/10. Not sure but it would seem to me they could run out of these 500 coins pretty quick .

WS >>

I have one order for grading still not done marked received on 2/6... would be awesome to get one of those bonus coins!!! Hope they aren't just for the folks submitting at the ANA show.

• UtahCoinUtahCoin Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCGS received my last submission yesterday the 28th.....
    I used to be somebody, now I'm just a coin collector.
    Recipient of the coveted "You Suck" award, April 2009 for cherrypicking a 1833 CBHD LM-5, and April 2022 for a 1835 LM-12, and again in Aug 2012 for picking off a 1952 FS-902.
  • LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don,

Congratulations on the Epic Milestone that you guys have reached at PCGS.

A question though, I have a Collectors Club Membership and was going to use my voucher to submit my coins. Will I be eligible for the giveaway, or would I have to send in an extra coin to get graded at cost?

Thanks, and heres to 100 Mill...
    -Luke

It's all about what the people want...

• pcunixpcunix Posts: 620

<< <i>Yup..."only" 28 million.

Congrats PCGS!
    Lance. >>

So we had slight odds on it being a coin. I'm glad it was.

My submissions arrived on Feb 24th, so that probably leaves me out of any prize, but that's ok. I can still buy some of their stock :-)
  • CasmanCasman Posts: 3,935 ✭✭
    Whelp I just placed my order which includes renewing my membership and I purchased some saf-t-flips as well...Wonder if that counts as an order? I got an order # and it does say "every order", not submissions only so maybe I'll get one... Neat promotion regardless.

Just received my membership package and flips...no coin...so technically "every order" didn't mean every order...I almost thought the stack of flips was the coin.
  • oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are only 500 of these "gifts" available. There are over 500 orders taken each day. If you order is not there by now, it's (probably) too late.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭

<< <i>There are only 500 of these "gifts" available. There are over 500 orders taken each day. If you order is not there by now, it's (probably) too late. >>

On avg 5k-10K coins are processed every day. Some orders can have hundreds or thousands of coins. There may not be 500 orders in a day.
  • DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Darn

My submissions were received last week and this past Tuesday. >>

Me too. image
    When in doubt, don't.
    If anyone gets one, please post.
    Don didn't say they were going to the card/autograph guys. Why would a PSA submitter want a coin? They would probably throw it away.
  • CoinflipCoinflip Posts: 842 ✭✭✭
    ohohoh I think mine is shipping Monday woot woot hopefully

SMILEFORSOMECHANGE LLC
    RAD#306

• CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>ohohoh I think mine is shipping Monday woot woot hopefully

image >>

Isn't this an NGC order screenshot?
    Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats on your accomplishment.
  • MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,051 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don said "every order received" so maybe that means starting today or Monday? >>

Hope so, 'cause I have an Express order that should hit Monday. image

In any event, nice touch.
  • AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • renman95renman95 Posts: 7,037 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats on your 50 millionth post!

Enter me in your most-excellent give-away.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool looking label to go along with a nice commemorative!

My most recent order was delivered today.

More than likely the "giveaway" pieces will be placed into orders going out the door.
    oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug...
  • WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    So did you get that at the ANA show or with a recently submitted order by mail? If by mail, what was your log in date?

Thanks,
    WS
    Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • valente151valente151 Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭

<< <i>So did you get that at the ANA show or with a recently submitted order by mail? If by mail, what was your log in date?

Thanks,
    WS >>

Came back with my show gradings in Atlanta.
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations !!! image
    Timbuk3
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    More than likely the "giveaway" pieces will be placed into orders going out the door. >>

That wold not be fair to those with slower service levels. I wish they would be more specific on the dates and such or just say all those orders received from this day to that day will get one.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • BodinBodin Posts: 994 ✭✭✭
    My order just shipped. Fingers crossed! Should know by tomorrow. The joys of living next to PCGS.
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    At least 1 PSA guy has received one.
    Good for you.

<< <i>At least 1 PSA guy has received one. >>

and he started a thread and wanted to know if he should crack it out and spend it.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>At least 1 PSA guy has received one. >>

and he started a thread and wanted to know if he should crack it out and spend it. >>

it's true! he did!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • 76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok, I apologize to the moderator, I believe my post has been deleted. I'm a psa collector and I did receive one with my latest submission.
    I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Ummm, I believe he said that tongue in cheek.

Good for you.
    My submission was shipped yesterday 3/3 and just arrived......no D. Hall signed slab. Darn! Are they all out already?
  • CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭

<< <i>My submission was shipped yesterday 3/3 and just arrived......no D. Hall signed slab. Darn! Are they all out already? >>

Did PCGS tell you that?

Oops, I thought you were saying that you shipped yesterday. Never mind.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
    I have one more shot. My Grant with STAR is shipping today or tomorrow. FINGERS REALLY CROSSED!....it would just be fun to be one of the 500.
  • LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Star? I thought only ATS gave stars. Or is "STAR" an anagram?
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

<< <i>Star? I thought only ATS gave stars. Or is "STAR" an anagram? >>

Grade just received and posted on older thread:
    Link to click on
  • njcoincranknjcoincrank Posts: 1,066 ✭✭
    I got one with my orders in Atlanta.

Sorry you sample guys this is already spoken for image

njcc
    www.numismaticamericana.com
  • orevilleoreville Posts: 11,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not sure this qualifies as a sample slab!
    A Collectors Universe poster since 1997!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file