Home Precious Metals

2014 5 oz ATB pucks come out in late March

Anyone have any interest in these anymore? I've never owned one but I did sign up for the mint subscription because it includes a 10% discount for the P mintmark "uncirculated" ones. Coinweek article says they come out end of March both uncirculated and bullion varieties. You have to scroll down to the middle of the article though. Anybody else buying these?

Coinweek
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comments

• OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm accumulating the bullion (nmm) version and have one of each.... ( No idea why ... I just like big silver rounds with decent designsimage)
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭✭
    2013 was the best year so far for this issue in both uncirc and collectors editions.

2014 is going to HOT for this issue due to park line up!

Lets hope the mintage is around 20,000 per.

Loves me some shiny!
  • PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 46,024 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a subscription going so I'll be getting the upcoming issues. Low mintages combined with 5 ounces of silver appeal to me. These coins are by far the largest and heaviest legal tender coins produced by the US and the subject matter lends itself to some interesting and artistic designs.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.
    "Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value---zero."----Voltaire
    "Everything you say should be true, but not everything true should be said."----Voltaire

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have the first year Ps. Will get a roll of the bullion ones eventually.
  • jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,726 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do tend to grow on you. I'll probably fill in the ones that I neglected to get earlier, and I might buy a roll of the one that is close to where I grew up.
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • pf70collectorpf70collector Posts: 6,611 ✭✭✭
    I decided on the subscription of the P pucks this year at 10% off. Right now only $139. Not a bad price for these now. Just hoping silver stays down so I can pick up this year's cheap.
  • derrybderryb Posts: 36,710 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Puck prices can normally only be justified to a collector. Rarely are they a better bullion play. When they are a good bullion play I usually stock up on them.

"Who needs risk management when you’ve got guaranteed bailouts? - Jesse Felder

<< <i>Puck prices can normally only be justified to a collector. Rarely are they a better bullion play. When they are a good bullion play I usually stock up on them. >>

Missing the context, what is the better bullion play you are referring too? 100 Oz bars? Generic rounds?

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>

<< <i>Puck prices can normally only be justified to a collector. Rarely are they a better bullion play. When they are a good bullion play I usually stock up on them. >>

Missing the context, what is the better bullion play you are referring too? 100 Oz bars? Generic rounds? >>

As a bullion play, when I can have ASEs for about the same money I will always choose the ASEs.

<< <i>

<< <i>

Missing the context, what is the better bullion play you are referring too? 100 Oz bars? Generic rounds? >>

As a bullion play, when I can have ASEs for about the same money I will always choose the ASEs. >>

interesting I often find the puck slightly cheaper. I would choose the puck all things equal.
    Although i think most would go with 5 ASE.

Loves me some shiny!

<< <i>interesting I often find the puck slightly cheaper. I would choose the puck all things equal.
    Although i think most would go with 5 ASE. >>

Exactly why I would choose the 5 ASE's - I plan on reselling at some point.

• OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    i cant figure out how to do the 10% subscription for the 2014 5oz's
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole

<< <i>i cant figure out how to do the 10% subscription for the 2014 5oz's >>

i had to call

derryb..I have no fear when it comes time to sell a puck + I get to play the 20,000 vs 43 Million mintage lottery.
    At worse I walk with what you do.

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>i cant figure out how to do the 10% subscription for the 2014 5oz's >>

Do you have an account set up on the mint website? If you click on the shop icon then click on the subscription icon on the left at the bottom of screen, basically anything the mint sells as a subscription is offered at a 10% discount. They have a link to a PDF file with 10% discount offerings.
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

<< <i>

Do you have an account set up on the mint website? If you click on the shop icon then click on the subscription icon on the left at the bottom of screen, basically anything the mint sells as a subscription is offered at a 10% discount. They have a link to a PDF file with 10% discount offerings. >>

when i clicked subscribe , it kept returning to main subscription page and would register subscription. apparently a known issue.

Loves me some shiny!

• << <i>

<< <i>

Do you have an account set up on the mint website? If you click on the shop icon then click on the subscription icon on the left at the bottom of screen, basically anything the mint sells as a subscription is offered at a 10% discount. They have a link to a PDF file with 10% discount offerings. >>

when i clicked subscribe , it kept returning to main subscription page and would register subscription. apparently a known issue. >>

I didn't know that. I subscribed a month ago and didn't have any problems. The mint is aware of the issue I presume?

P.S. I like your sig line!
    Veni, Vidi, Vici

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

when i clicked subscribe , it kept returning to main subscription page and would register subscription. apparently a known issue. >>

I didn't know that. I subscribed a month ago and didn't have any problems. The mint is aware of the issue I presume?

P.S. I like your sig line! >>

thanks. make a quick call Monday to confirm. $139.99 is a great price an the Smokey Mtn will be popular, may go fast.

Loves me some shiny!