Don

Comments

• Options
    STONESTONE Posts: 15,275
    Yep
  • Options
    Cool never the less
  • Options
    What's not so common is to be that far off center and have a full date and MM.
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

Is this a common Lincoln cent error?

...I'll bet FW could tell ya....image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No it is not common for how old it is.

ND off centers cents are somewhat common, altho not really.

The OPs coins is no good as the reverse has gone bad.

• Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 56-D is very commonly seen stuck off center just as yours even in high grade unc nearly fully red.
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some say common..... but in a lifetime of coin collecting, I have never found one.... (sure, I have seen them at coin shows, but not in the wild). Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>The 56-D is very commonly seen stuck off center just as yours even in high grade unc nearly fully red. >>

Why is this common with the 56-D? Was there some midnight minting happening that year in Denver?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>The 56-D is very commonly seen stuck off center just as yours even in high grade unc nearly fully red. >>

Why is this common with the 56-D? Was there some midnight minting happening that year in Denver? >>

Not sure why so many escaped the mint that year, but as I used to collect Lincoln wheat errors by date I feel I've seen about 30-40 in the last decade alone.

Here's some archives sales links Worthpoint and Heritage which show many stuck off center exactly like the OP example.
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Some say common..... but in a lifetime of coin collecting, I have never found one.... (sure, I have seen them at coin shows, but not in the wild). Cheers, RickO >>

Is it common to find errors like this in the wild, given the use of rolls, etc.? When found in the wild, are these typically found in mint bags?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>Some say common..... but in a lifetime of coin collecting, I have never found one.... (sure, I have seen them at coin shows, but not in the wild). Cheers, RickO >>

Is it common to find errors like this in the wild, given the use of rolls, etc.? When found in the wild, are these typically found in mint bags? >>

Sealed miint bags.

For modern errors sealed mint bags and some connections with a coin processing service center that sorts, counts, and wraps are the way to find these.
  • Options
    morganbarbermorganbarber Posts: 1,821 ✭✭✭
    "What's not so common is to be that far off center and have a full date and MM."

I agree
    I collect circulated U.S. silver
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>[ and some connections with a coin processing service center that sorts, counts, and wraps are the way to find these. >>

I wish I had better connections ......................
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

Is this a common Lincoln cent error?

...you'd probably NEVER find one in a roll....image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for all the replies. I now know the coin is no good and common, maybe.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Common yes, but to have the added attraction of the mintmark touching the '9' makes it a little more collectible.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file