Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Another coin hoard found!

291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭
I found two clad Roosevelt dimes in the Kroger parking lot. Does this qualify as a major news story?image
All glory is fleeting.

Comments

• Options
    You may as well go ahead and send one the the IRS. Get the pain over with.
    Better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.

jeff
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    You may owe the IRS one of them!
  • Options
    BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's still a hoard of $5.00 in clad Kennedy's on my property which I seeded for my son to find with his metal detector once the snow clears.

I won't be mentioning anything once he find them or my lawn mower chews them up! image
    To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • Options
    I buried a roll of wheat cents in a plastic tube and wrapped in foil in the backyard of my aunts house 50 years ago. Maybe somebody will find it someday.
  • Options
    rheddenrhedden Posts: 6,619 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's still a hoard of $5.00 in clad Kennedy's on my property which I seeded for my son to find with his metal detector once the snow clears.

Remind me of this time I buried a 1963-d Lincoln to see how the signal would change on my metal detector over time. I went to dig it up a year later and found two 1893-P Barber dimes in AU stuck together. image Just coincidentally buried the penny 3 ft. away from them, but for a moment there, it sure looked like a magical patch of ground that turns Lincoln memorial cents into Barbers.
  • Options
    DD Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭

<< <i>There's still a hoard of $5.00 in clad Kennedy's on my property which I seeded for my son to find with his metal detector once the snow clears.

I won't be mentioning anything once he find them or my lawn mower chews them up! image >>

Haha, cool idea! Just be careful not to shoot one through a window.

-D
    "It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."

-Aristotle

Dum loquimur fugerit invida aetas. Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero.

-Horace
  • Options
    tahoe98tahoe98 Posts: 11,388 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I found two clad Roosevelt dimes in the Kroger parking lot. Does this qualify as a major news story?image >>

...you have a Kroger?????? image
    "government is not reason, it is not eloquence-it is a force! like fire, it is a dangerous servant and a fearful master; never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action." George Washington
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those who cache hunt with MD's never talk about finds.... ever. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I found a '68-D half at a bank yesterday.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes, the irs wants $50.
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    I haven't heard of any bank robberies or pirate treasures with two clad dimes so you are good. Just don't run to the press with the story though.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    HOARD! image

You may call me Dave
    BHNC member # 184!

http://www.busthalfaddict.com
  • Options
    topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I found two clad Roosevelt dimes in the Kroger parking lot. Does this qualify as a major news story?image >>

ask Kagin's
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,797 ✭✭✭✭✭
    send one to your uncle
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options

<< <i>HOARD! image

image >>

Did you dig these up? That has to be a couple grand in Bust halves.
  • Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Did you dig these up? That has to be a couple grand in Bust halves. >>

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but do those look like dug coins?
    Lance.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    today's metal detector finds on my desert lakeside mountaintop valley property

Look on the internet for the special "hoard" slabs, and bid on the story! image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file