Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

My dream is to open a coin shop in....

2»

Comments

• Options

If I am wrong, Boot Hill is right down the road......

Most tourists don't know about the real cemetary in town, on the West side a bit South of the Highway.
    Check it out while you're there. Some really neat (Real) history.

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't let the naysayers ruin your dreams.
  • Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,987 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some kind of market analysis of the Tombstone and surrounding area might definitely be in order before getting involved with buying a building to house a coin store.Also,consider that the rents probably tend to be high for an area like Tombstone.Are there any coin shops now in Tombstone? If so,how do they seem to be doing? Might be better to buy an established existing operation if can get at decent price.

Good luck to you,Glicker, if you actually open up your dream shop in Tombstone.

My main advice is to always be realistic,always be straight up with yourself. Don't make the mistake of letting the romance sway you into hasty decisions.This way the good possibilities have the best chance of turning into a pleasing reality for you.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Sweet T's in the Desert Sun.
    Tombstone Coin & Treasured Fun.

(Slogans sold for premium dollars , inquire within )

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Don't let the naysayers ruin your dreams. >>

I always value opinions both pro and con. Owned businesses for over 30 years and will probably go ahead with this idea as the risk is more than manageable and have always wanted a retail operation.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I've seen ribs from JD's favorite place outside of Memphis shipped FedEx to Long Beach shows. >>

I've eaten at that rib shack. It's really good!

While this dream sounds like a lot of fun, I must share the sentiments of others in that I do not believe it is a profitable enterprise. There is a BIG difference between following dreams and running a successful business. You would have more luck selling elongated tokens at the entrance to your General Store then you would selling Morgans exclusively.

CONSIDER THIS ... gas stations don't make money on gas. All their profit comes from the convenience store. If you want to sell coins to tourists, perhaps you should open a general store or some other business - to get customers in the door - and if you're lucky they will buy some coins when they approach the register and see them shining from under the counter case. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    You might do better with Chinese fake Morgans at $25 a pop. Tourists won't spend much more than that on a souvenir.
    Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    CoinRaritiesOnlineCoinRaritiesOnline Posts: 3,642 ✭✭✭✭
    Do your due diligence, but go for it!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file