Home Precious Metals
Options

what's easier to sell?

3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
90% coins (rolls of ugly barber dimes, circ mercs, circ washies etc)
SAE
silver bars

While we are at it, which yields the best when selling?
Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2

Comments

• Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    1 Whatever is cheapest...
    2 whatever u bought cheapest ...
    3 a question best suited for one known mutant species known as a kitcoite...
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    PokermandudePokermandude Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭
    Locally up here (Canada) silver maples are king. Smaller bars (10 oz and under) are fairly easy to move. 100 oz bars not so much. Especially with the uptick in price (more pronounced in CDN$ than US$), there are a LOT of 100 oz bar holders coming out of the woodwork looking to unload them. I overheard a call at a LCS the other day where the client on the other end was quoted around or a little back of spot for 1 oz and 10 oz bars. $2 BACK of spot on the "larger bar". Presumably that was a 100 oz, but could have been a 1 kilo bar as well.
    http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    whatever auction starts at $.99 with free s&himage
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    pennyanniepennyannie Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭
    I prefer to sell the 90 percent. Generally it is xx times face. Silver eagles and all the rest seem to lose the up charge paid and sold based on the spot price of silver. Go to apmex and look at the buy prices for all the listings, generally they are listed right along side the sell prices. If you want to sell 30k worth of silver you probably will not get a strong buyer at a flea market or a small B&M.
    Mark
    NGC registry V-Nickel proof #6!!!!
    working on proof shield nickels # 8 with a bullet!!!!

RIP "BEAR"
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ASE premiums have been increasing over time. Any decline in ASE sell price is strictly a result of declining spot price - this affects all silver products equally. Premiums are the variable when it comes to the different products.

Easier to sell? Anything in high demand with low counterfeit possibility. That puts 90% US coinage at the top of the list with ASE's a close second.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Pokermandude

What is the Sales Tax / VAT on coins / silver / gold / bars in Canada?

Silver Baron
    Silver is the mortar that binds the bricks of loyalty.
  • Options
    vladguerrerovladguerrero Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Pokermandude

What is the Sales Tax / VAT on coins / silver / gold / bars in Canada? >>

none