Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Ultra PRO Baseball Album Question

How many pages are too many to stack in my binder? I am concerned that too much weight will cause damage to the cards so I am asking the experts. Thanks in advance.
"Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."

Comments

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    I've filled mine with 80 or so sheets several times. Never noticed any issues with any of the cards. Just make sure all the sheets can lie flat and I think you should be fine. It's when the sheets start to not lie flat that you are taking a chance (that is, they start to move to the left, closer to the ring).
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Got it. Thanks Esquire. I agree about the sheets lying flat. I have read collectors on these forums suggest that binders should be stored standing up so that cards do not slide up and out of the pockets but I tend to agree that laying them flat is best.
    "Nobody's ever gone the distance with Creed, and if I can go that distance, you see, and that bell rings and I'm still standin', I'm gonna know for the first time in my life, see, that I weren't just another bum from the neighborhood."
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Just to clarify, I meant only so the sheets can lie flat with the cover closed, not that the binders themselves need to lie flat. I store my binders standing up. No issues for me. It can also help to have a thick plastic divider on the front. It adds some rigidity.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    MikeyPMikeyP Posts: 990 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the clarification. I am on my way to the basement to stand up my binders. Don't worry. It isn't damp down there.