Home Buy, Sell & Trade - Cards & Memorabilia
Options

FS: Topps 1974 complete 700+ card set, in box

Selling my husband's Topps 1974 complete set, in box.

Just by looking at the design of the box, I don't believe that this box was or could ever have been sealed (there is no evidence of any seal, broken or not).

The box shows signs of age on the outside, esp. the corners, however, the cards appear to be handled rarely/very gently.

Someone on another thread indicated that these go for 1000-1500. Will sell for 700, obo.

Comments

• Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    You will need to upload the photo to a site like Photobucket (I'd recommend that site). Then you can paste a link to the photo and the photo will show up in your listing. There is a Photobucket app for the iPhone.

What people will be most interested in seeing is how the set looks inside the box, so be sure to include a photo of the complete set (photo of the cards inside the box, not the outside of the box).

You will also want to go into your profile and turn on the ability to receive private messages.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Ok; thanks. I have a Flickr account that I can use.
  • Options
    If you cant get the pictures on here, please send photos to jessherron@bellsouth.net Id be interested in taking a look.
    1981 Topps in Process
  • Options
    OK; sending them now.
  • Options
    To add a photo, click on the box next to the "Bold, Italic and Underline" boxes when you do your post. It looks like a mountain in a frame. Post your link there and it should work.

You still need to turn on your private messages box. I am interested in seeing the photos.
  • Options
    If you send me a private message, I can help you out. Click on the thing that looks like a Masterlock on the right side of the message (top right corner).
  • Options
    Yep, I did that (saw the photo icon, added each of the links, they showed in the version as I was editing it) but they never actually showed up when i posted it.

I will go change my settings now. Thanks image
  • Options
    Can you also send the pics to garys.sportscards@gmail.com? Thanks!
  • Options
    markreck@gmail.com
    Pics please
  • Options
    SEND PICS TO

BWILSON257@GMAIL.COM

Barry

Thank you
  • Options
    I have emailed pics to all who have requested them so far. If you didn't get an email, (after checking your spam) let me know and I will resend.

Thanks,
    Kristi
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the set @ $700 if still available.

My email is bosox1976@sbcglobal.net

Thanks.
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    gameusedhoopgameusedhoop Posts: 3,544 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Who ended up with this set? Would love to see some scans.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Who ended up with this set? Would love to see some scans.

+1
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Who ended up with this set? Would love to see some scans.

+1 >>

me +2
  • Options
    It wasn't me. You can see the photos by right clicking the broken links and pasting them into your browser. The set looked pretty good in low light. Aaron appeared to have some potential.
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>You can see the photos by right clicking the broken links and pasting them into your browser. >>

Along with all of the OPs other personal pictures. OP, if you do not want to share your personal pictures with everyone here I would delete your LINKS.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    gemintgemint Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some nice cards but based on what I can see in the fuzzy photos, I don't think there are too many 9s in there. $700 is pretty steep for a 1974 set unless it's minty mint.
  • Options
    I was as interested in the back story... Worth 700 most of the time.
  • Options

<< <i>When I first saw this thread, I laughed out loud. Knowing all the vultures here, I doubt this ends well, but good luck. image >>

I hope it works out well for the buyer. Obviously, with a new ID and selling her husband's set, heightened care and scrutiny are in order. In situations like these, I prefer to offer a premium for a seller to list on eBay as a BIN to add another level of buyer protection. Maybe something for others to consider.