Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

2014 TURKEY RED BASEBALL SOLD OUT!!!!

Comments

• slum22slum22 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    How many can you buy? I have never bought from topps before. Do you need to have sign up for a user account? Are these popular?
    Steve
  • bretts911bretts911 Posts: 764 ✭✭✭
    From my understanding it's 40 boxes per order and I think you do have to sign up with topps not 100% sure on that I'm already signed up with them but I do know the only way you can get these cards is online only
    Edit to add last year they were very hot I guess we will see this year
  • totallyraddtotallyradd Posts: 931 ✭✭✭
    I'm all over this. Loved it last year. Just hoping I can jump in on it as I teach a class till about 11:30, and I recall they sold out fairly quick last year. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: The checklist is available. Not sure how I feel about the autographs. Pujols, Price, Posey, and McCann are involved. I'm sure some of these guys are hot prospects, but can anyone chime in on any of em. Last year there were some downers too, though I still enjoyed the set.
    I'm in for 40
  • CNoteCNote Posts: 2,070
    One of my favorite Griffeys I had was a Turkey Red black refractor. Something about that card, I just loved it.
  • I wonder if the print run will be as low as last year....

I think based on the #ed autos it was surmised between 5,100 and 5,225 boxes. Not much out there. I had a buddy buy a ton - literally a metric blank ton.... After he sold 4-5 sets he still has 8 or so close to completion and of course his personal one. I think he said he ended up buying 125 total boxes. Oh and yeah he had every single autograph. So I guess he has a master set. And he got insanely lucky I think he pulled the Cespedes, Trout, and Cabrera autographs. Only had to go eBay for Darvish.

I hope its that low this year so I can make some money back on the complete sets. My collation was horrible last year - 25 boxes and no complete set. I believe you could only order 20 last year, this year its 40. I hope Topps didn't double production.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

Building Sets, Collecting Texas Rangers, and Texas Tech Red Raiders
    Extremely slow. I think I got 25. Though after I clicked the final checkout, I didn't recieve a confirmation...or an email. Not sure if it went through or not. Might just reorder.....

• << <i>Extremely slow. I think I got 25. Though after I clicked the final checkout, I didn't recieve a confirmation...or an email. Not sure if it went through or not. Might just reorder..... >>

Same here. I did get an email from Topps for 40 and my credit card was charged. Good luck to everyone. Hopefully it ships fast.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭

The way Topps is run today.... I don't think they like to run out of product. I would guess that you could call every production run "limited", because eventually they stop printing.

After seeing how they let the printing press go on the minis and the Heritage Hi numbers, I think they will make sure they meet demand, and anyone who wants the product can get it.

Just a hunch, I hope not, though.

They price at $19.99 per box, free shipping over $100 (I think), 5 boxes won't cut it, they hook you to order the sixth.
  • shu4040shu4040 Posts: 982 ✭✭✭
    Went and bought a bunch, never bought these but looking forward to opening some.

site was super duper slow.
    Every time I get to the final "Place Order" button the site takes me back to the initial checkout screen. I have been sitting with 25 packs in my cart for the past hour. I've emailed Topps and they are "reviewing it." After working on this for the past hour I dunno if I even wanna get em anymore. Very irritated right now.

Same thing happened to me. I wasn't sure if it went through, or if I had to start all over. Website can't handle the traffic
  • Yeah, I was just told that it was unable to place the order. If you're going to put the stuff out there that's limited make sure your server can handle it. Geez...image
    Well, my order went through. TWICE.

I know the limit is only 40 packs. I ordered 25 with each purchase. I emailed them to cancel one order. If they were to send me all 50, at least I know I can flip some packs later. In November the 2013 packs were going for about 60 a pop unopened.

That was an annoying last 90 minutes. Good thing I only teach a study hall through all that. I'd be losing my mind trying to teach an Algebra lesson and try to do this at the same time.

Just hope the print run is 500 of each card as it was last year. If the run jumps to 750 or 1000 I won't be as interested in the set in the future.

That was painful. I think mine finally went through only once. We will see how many times my credit card is charged.

My fear is that you will be able to come back next week and still order them, especially since they cranked up the max amount.

I thought offering expedite shipping for $110 was a nice touch (??)

If I needed them that quick, that is a whole other issue all together.
  • I clicked the place order button 3 times. Let's hope it only charged me once. I got three boxes...one to break, one to keep, one to sell.
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered 40 two minutes ago -- so still live. Used Paypal checkout.
    Mike
    Bosox1976

<< <i>I clicked the place order button 3 times. Let's hope it only charged me once. I got three boxes...one to break, one to keep, one to sell. >>

Did you get charged for shipping? I went up to six boxes because I thought I would get a price break......
  • Just got an email from Topps that my order is ready for shipment with a tracking number. Sounds like my ordering experience was a lot less painful than most of yours. Hopefully that bodes well for my rips...

Probably not...
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

• << <i>

<< <i>I clicked the place order button 3 times. Let's hope it only charged me once. I got three boxes...one to break, one to keep, one to sell. >>

Did you get charged for shipping? I went up to six boxes because I thought I would get a price break...... >>

I got charged $6 and some change for FedEx Ground.
  • I ordered 10 and got free shipping. The next shipping tier was 2-day which was $67.00!! Whaaaaa?!?!?!
  • They're starting to show up on eBay.

BIN for $50.00, they must be the good ones.

Don't you have to wait until they sell out on the Topps Website first?

Reminds me of the coin collector on QVC....
  • 08HALA2008HALA20 Posts: 3,066 ✭✭✭
    Shipping notice: expected delivery tomorrow.

Joe
  • tsalems1tsalems1 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭
    Most of these guys I have never heard of on the Autographed cards. Any big prospects in there?
    www.OPCBASEBALL.com

Email: OPCBASEBALL@YAHOO.COM

Follow OPCBASEBALL.COM on Facebook

<< <i>Most of these guys I have never heard of on the Autographed cards. Any big prospects in there? >>

"I've never heard of half these guys and the ones that I do know are way past their prime"
    "Most of these guys never had a prime"

"This guy here is dead!"
  • epatmythesepatmythes Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭
    Just ordered 15 boxes...

Not as impressed as last year, and I don't expect it to be as hot, but I still couldn't resist

Will attempt to put together the 100-card base set...

looking forward to doing some trading when these bad-boys arrive!

Personally, these are the only autographs I'll be interested (pretty poor selection this year)...

Jake Marisnick
    Michael Wacha
    Jake Odorizzi
    Junior Lake
    Xander Bogaerts
    Albert Pujols (only if I pull it, otherwise, don't care)
    IMO the reason why they have not sold out like last year is because last year they did 3 preorder sells if I am not mistaken and they sold out each time this year they did not do any presells and just realased it today all at one time?
    Now we wait and see when they actually sell out IMO it will be friday.
  • jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Bought 5 boxes, don't know why, compulsive buying. This is exactly what I said I would not do in my post for the New Year resolution thread.
    Oh well...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • They are still available. I think last year they sold out in less than 24 hours. Either they are not as hot, or there are twice as much...or the dreaded..both!
  • 2012 Heritage Hi# - Great
    2013 Heritage Hi# - Bomb

2012 Topps Mini - Great
    2013 Topps Mini - Bomb

2012 Turkey Red - Great
    2013 Turkey Red - ……………Do the math fellas

Big Fan of: HOF Post War RC, Graded RCs
    WTB: PSA 1 - PSA 3 Centered, High Eye Appeal 1950's Mantle
  • Well Crap! First time that I've ever bought something like this and it will probably bomb.

• << <i>2012 Heritage Hi# - Great
    2013 Heritage Hi# - Bomb

2012 Topps Mini - Great
    2013 Topps Mini - Bomb

2012 Turkey Red - Great
    2013 Turkey Red - ……………Do the math fellas >>

The math is that 2012 had a good rookie crop and second year players. 2014 (or 2013, however you want to look at it) may not have the same rookie class. Puig seems to dominate the interest from collectors.

Plenty of stars in the base set, the autographs would be better with Puig in there. But a Buster Posey would be your best auto.

<< <i>Well Crap! First time that I've ever bought something like this and it will probably bomb. >>

Just give it time I mean it is topps turkey red not much downside IMO

Looks like it's out of stock on the website. Will they provide production run figures?

• jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Looks like it's out of stock on the website. Will they provide production run figures? >>

Guess that means, print run # 1 is gone. Print presses are kicking up now...
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
    Sold out pretty quick

<< <i>

<< <i>Looks like it's out of stock on the website. Will they provide production run figures? >>

Guess that means, print run # 1 is gone. Print presses are kicking up now... >>

As far as I am aware it's done you can't buy anymore last year you could because they did presells over a period of time unlike this year I do not think topps will have this product back in stock but this is just my guess

Assuming all the autographs are serial numbered like they were last year... we'll be able to figure out the production run!

Pretty easy to do with one auto per box. What I found interesting is that there were 43 autograph subjects last year, but only 38 this year.

I'm guessing the production run will be about the same as last year... Roughly 500-520 base sets possible!!!

• << <i>

Assuming all the autographs are serial numbered like they were last year... we'll be able to figure out the production run!

Pretty easy to do with one auto per box. What I found interesting is that there were 43 autograph subjects last year, but only 38 this year.

I'm guessing the production run will be about the same as last year... Roughly 500-520 base sets possible!!! >>

34*

There are some numbers missing in the 1-38.
    Matt's Card Page
    What I'm selling

<< <i>

<< <i>

I'm guessing the production run will be about the same as last year... Roughly 500-520 base sets possible!!! >>

34*

There are some numbers missing in the 1-38. >>

Good catch... I did not see that.

I wonder if they filled them in after making the checklist... Or there will only really be 34!

Didn't someone say they had a delivery date of today??? Where are those rip results?!?!?!
    Received mine! Did the free shipping too. Guess it helps being in brooklyn. I'll open one soon
  • Please do and post pics if you can.
    So..That was a pretty fun first pack.

Here's the base cards. Pretty clean looking as expected, and good mix of players
    [URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/2f07a9fe-d28e-44e1-830b-28f2c921452d_zps76a7b75e.jpg.html]image[/URL]

Here's my auto. Numbered 110/499 TRA1

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/davidsonauto_zps57f378bb.jpg.html]image[/URL]

and sure, might as well have a Carlos Gomez 1/1 Printing Plate in the first pack! I'll probably put Gomez up tonight, not a huge fan of the brewers or him, but definitely a fun rip!
    [URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/gomezplatefront_zps737e0333.jpg.html]image[/URL]

[URL=http://s653.photobucket.com/user/shu4040/media/gomezplateback_zps52f41f23.jpg.html]image[/URL]
    Selling @ 35 bucks a box on ebay now
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice hit!

It's going to be a fun rip!
    Mike
    Bosox1976
    Nice printing plate I seen you already sold it image
    Lol didn't realize it sold already until I saw this

Anyone else open yet?
  • slum22slum22 Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭✭
    I ordered 10 boxes. I was set to order 25 yesterday but I experienced the same glitch as a lot of people so my order never went through despite three tries. I had to go to work so I gave up. I was surprised they weren't sold out by last night or this morning. I put in my order for 10 boxes this morning. I decided overnight I would order less boxes. I'm not a big modern guy so I am hoping to sell some of these on eBay at a little mark up after they're sold out at Topps and maybe end up with a box or two free roll for my 5 year old to bust. He loves looking for autographsimage
    Steve
  • BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>2012 Heritage Hi# - Great
    2013 Heritage Hi# - Bomb

2012 Topps Mini - Great
    2013 Topps Mini - Bomb

2012 Turkey Red - Great
    2013 Turkey Red - ……………Do the math fellas >>

Seems to work out that way. Year after hot product is a dud. Baseball 93 Finest hot, 94 dud. 92 Bowman hot,93 dud (cept for Jeter), 91 Stadium Club hot,92 dud, 90 Leaf hot,91 dud. I'm always hesitant to chase the next year product following a hot item.
    Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".