Home Precious Metals
Options

APMEX deal - 10 Silver Buffalo Rounds for $232.99

The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009

Comments

• Options
    tneigtneig Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭
    Thanks. That is a good deal considering the current spot, free shipping, and likely not being fake...

Last apmex special deal of 10 ASE's was $224 is now selling for $310
    COA
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    $1.30 above spot with free s&h......not a bad deal based on today's silver price.
    Not interested though. I'll stick with the SAE's
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,992 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks. That is a good deal considering the current spot, free shipping, and likely not being fake...

Last apmex special deal of 10 ASE's was $224 is now selling for $310 >>

Yah, and I can't give em away for $250.
  • Options

<< <i>$1.30 above spot with free s&h......not a bad deal based on today's silver price.
    Not interested though. I'll stick with the SAE's >>

Yep. A lot of people don't trust the rounds.
  • Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Yea thanks for the info, but I'll pass on these.

Steve
  • Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    thanks for posting. I always like to know what the deals are.
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Thanks. That is a good deal considering the current spot, free shipping, and likely not being fake...

Yah, and I can't give em away for $250. >>

Sold 4 rolls on Ebay for $520-$530. Still waiting for buyer of two rolls to pay.

My love affair with Ebay continues. image
  • Options
    They finally stopped that dumb buy 8 get 2 free garbage.
    Never mind, they just can't stop. They do the 8 plus 2 thing down in their description. I'll tell ya makes me want to jump on 2 " FREE " ounces Of silver.
  • Options

<< <i>They finally stopped that dumb buy 8 get 2 free garbage. >>

It actually says "Get 2 free silver round when you buy 8"! image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

Sold 4 rolls on Ebay for $520-$530. Still waiting for buyer of two rolls to pay.

My love affair with Ebay continues. image >>

It almost doesn't pay after you pay PP and eBay fees. If you don't insure them and they get lost, does PP make good on them as long as you follow their rules?
  • Options

<< <i>If you don't insure them and they get lost, does PP make good on them as long as you follow their rules? >>

Good question. about 4 years ago I sent a coin to Illinois, I believe. The buyer had two forwarding addresses in place and the package was in limbo for 3 weeks. Paypal assured me that since I followed their directions, I was covered. Coin was finally deliveredd though.

One day I will find out if an uninsured package is covered by Paypal, but I suspect the answer is no.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>If you don't insure them and they get lost, does PP make good on them as long as you follow their rules? >>

Good question. about 4 years ago I sent a coin to Illinois, I believe. The buyer had two forwarding addresses in place and the package was in limbo for 3 weeks. Paypal assured me that since I followed their directions, I was covered. Coin was finally deliveredd though.

One day I will find out if an uninsured package is covered by Paypal, but I suspect the answer is no. >>

If you self insure it isn't a big issue. Adding $500 of USPS insurance and taking reg PP can really kick you in the stones fee-wise.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,214 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paypal covers the buyer if he doesn't receive the item. They then go after the seller to recover the money.

Paypal covers the seller against a buyer claim once the item shows as delivered.

Paypal coverage does not include seller "insurance" for items lost in transit. They will reimburse the buyer for non-delivery but will take the funds from the seller.

Insurance for ebay purchases protects the seller since ebay and paypal both consider the item is still in the possession of the seller until delivered. Buyer is protected from non-delivery. Sellers who do not insure their shipments are effectively self-insuring.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options

<< <i>Sellers who do not insure their shipments are effectively self-insuring. >>

With the exception of unusual circumstances, that is correct.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Don't know what you're doing wrong, but APMEX apparently has no problem in selling their lot of 10 for over $300. Maybe free s&h has a lot to do with it. image

APMEX on eBay.
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    VanHalenVanHalen Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Don't know what you're doing wrong, but APMEX apparently has no problem in selling their lot of 10 for over $300. Maybe free s&h has a lot to do with it. image

APMEX on eBay. >>

In the interest of "truth in advertising", APMEX should take down the "15,4xx sold" from that listing. At $9.00+ over melt each (a 40%+ premium) they have not sold anywhere near that number. That is an absurd premium.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

APMEX on eBay. >>

Maybe expecting someone to buy 4 rolls minimum is the reason. 4 rolls for $2030 delivered is a mere $507.50. Just too risky shipping single rolls if the USPS won't insure them.
  • Options

<< <i>In the interest of "truth in advertising", APMEX should take down the "15,4xx sold" from that listing. At $9.00+ over melt each (a 40%+ premium) they have not sold anywhere near that number. That is an absurd premium. >>

Great point. If you check their listing changes, they adjust the prices several times a day. Most of the sold numbers are from the $225 special.