Home Metal Detecting
Options

digging in golden gate park today

the famous park was generous today. got a huge 1961 silver panama half dollar, bracelet, old british button and aa medal.

Comments

• Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭
    Nice Balboa!
  • Options
    cohodkcohodk Posts: 18,622 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great finds!!
    Excuses are tools of the ignorant

Knowledge is the enemy of fear

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done.... were you random digging or using a metal detector?? I would assume the MD, however, you do frequently excavate dump sites... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Good old Golden Gate Park....a treaure!
    I imagine with its long history and popularity it should be a great place for MDing.
    Any hassles/restrictions from park personel or regulations?
    Good finds!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice digs Demo! That bracelet is a real treat. And big foreign silver can be a nice break from u.s. silvers. Making me anxious to get out detecting
  • Options
    No dump digging here.
    No hassles recently. Its difficult getting silvers there. Even wheaties are hard to find. There are a few secrets I've learned about this park, that gives me an edge.
    I'm going out tomorrow to research a possible 1880s dump. Its good to have alot of options in this hobby. Never rely on just one good spot. Go out and explore if you dare....
  • Options
    Research and exploration are key to the good finds.. sure, luck helps, but the diligent get lucky more often.... image Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    nice pick ups demo.
  • Options
    pcgs69pcgs69 Posts: 4,266 ✭✭✭✭
    Geez Demo... you did too good of a job at cleaning out Golden Gate Park...

This guy needed a back up plan

• Options
    Ya he was with me. Greg didn't do to well in the main park. We were driving home and saw another park before leaving sf. It was the cleanest park ive ever been in. Couldn't believe he got that. Its huge.
  • Options
    Wow...awesome ring... and huge...Cheers, RickO