Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Shooting Morgans is a release............

morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
from the daily grind and makes me fell good. With so much going on with the debt, spending money our Gov't doesn't have, healthcare, the right the left, imaging Morgans is an escape from reality. They're all the same date n MM but all have a distinctly different look.
May peace be with us all.

Those are polish lines on the reverse, not hairlines.
imageimage
World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO

Comments

• Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Nice pics!!!

Steve
  • Options
    TONEDDOLLARSTONEDDOLLARS Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭✭
    Very nice work
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>from the daily grind and makes me fell good. With so much going on with the debt, spending money our Gov't doesn't have, healthcare, the right the left, imaging Morgans is an escape from reality. They're all the same date n MM but all have a distinctly different look.
    May peace be with us all. >>

no kiddin'! always somethin' and a lot of it without reprieve ><

delving down into projects including long photography sessions is for sure a great and welcomed distraction. just wrapping up part 1 of a project so i'm right on board with you just now.

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done! Really like the 3rd one. image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    beautiful work but what I expected to see based on the title was...... a morgan with a bullet hole
  • Options
    LewLew Posts: 170 ✭✭✭
    Nice looking Morgans and some nice pictures.
    I will take a chance and see if I identify the correct VAMs for these five
    1 -- VAM28
    2 -- VAM-45
    3 -- VAM-37
    4 -- VAM-91A, a tough one
    5 -- VAM-43
  • Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭

<< <i>beautiful work but what I expected to see based on the title was...... a morgan with a bullet hole >>

Me too image

I was set to say that Necco candies are much cheaper image
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Posts: 527 ✭✭✭✭
    Nice group of coins. Thanks for sharing them.
    I think 1878 is a very interesting year for Morgans.
    Successful BST: dmwjr, ike126, bajjerfan, morganman94, sonoradesertrat, 12voltman, duiguy, gsaguy, gsa1fan, martin, coinfame, zas107, bothuwui, gerard, kccoin, jtwitten, robcool, coinscoins, mountain_goat, and a few more.
  • Options
    I always enjoy looking at other people's Morgans!!
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great shots!

ABimage
  • Options
    BubbleheadBubblehead Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭

My first thought (really) was your shooting them with..... 'ya know, a shooter thing..

I know... time for my tree...
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep.... I thought you were literally 'shooting' them ...wanted to know the caliber and range.... however, really great pictures.. Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    morgansforevermorgansforever Posts: 8,428 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <<ep.... I thought you were literally 'shooting' them ...wanted to know the caliber and range>>

I've thought about it, maybe with my .308 Winchester, totally prone supported. A hole through the center of a DMPL would be kinda cool image
    World coins FSHO Hundreds of successful BST transactions U.S. coins FSHO
  • Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>A hole through the center of a DMPL would be kinda cool >>

NOT image

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    WeissWeiss Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those are awesome. You've actually managed to make the digs and dings look GOOD. Honestly, that's not easy to do!
    We are like children who look at print and see a serpent in the last letter but one, and a sword in the last.
    --Severian the Lame

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file