Home Buy, Sell & Trade - World & Ancient Coins
Options

savoyspecial

I was going to reply to your "for sale" thread but you deleted everything and changed the thread name to "..."

When you listed a few coins I was interested in the first coin. 1849 Great Britain 1D Mdy Maundy

I'm relatively new to collecting so I clicked on the link you sent me and it directed me to the PCGS pictures of the coin. I didn't bother asking for pictures of the slabbed coin as I normally do since I trust that members of this forum aren't out to make a high profits. After I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth and I found that this coin was purchased less than 2 months ago for $60 and I bought it for $100. If you want to make money list it on Ebay for $100. I understand people have to make a profit but to flip a coin to a member for this board for a 40% increase was a bit sneaky. I guess I learned my lesson.

Like I said, lesson learned.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1849-Great-Britain-1D-Mdy-Maundy-PCGS-PL-64-Nice-Toning-/181264223484?pt=US_World_Coins&hash=item2a34308cfc&nma=true&si=R4ksx2Y%252FueIsl7LJod%252F5IxLW2IQ%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Comments

• Options
    I'd have sent this as a private message and not made it public. Greg is certainly entitled to ask what he wants for anything he sells. It's up to the buyer to decide what they are willing to pay.
  • Options
    Of course anyone can sell their coin for any price they want but to make a killing on a coin and sell it to a member of the forum is a bit unfair. I wouldn't have taken advantage of a fellow collector on a coin but that's just me.

I posted it here since everything was deleted on the for sale thread and it wouldn't make sense to respond to a thread without the full story. I advise other new collectors to do their own homework and due diligence. Assume that any seller on the BST is no different than anyone on Ebay. Buyer beware.

Like I said, lesson learned.

• Options
    I've done many deals with Greg and would trust him without question. That said, if you aren't happy with the deal send him a private message and I'm sure you both can work it out.
  • Options
    ZoharZohar Posts: 6,629 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would think that Ebay is more appropriate for a 40% or higher flip compared with this collector's environment which is geared to educate and expand the hobby. Of course everyone on the BST aims to sell at cost or for profit, yet it would leave me with a sour taste as a collector on this forum if I would end up buying a coin marked up at this level.

Of course others may differ in their views and that is legitimate, yet I thought this is worth mentioning especially as PolishSilver has just begun his quest.
  • Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

<< <i> After I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth >>

It is a good idea to research the values of any coin you might purchase BEFORE you buy them...
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i> After I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth >>

It is a good idea to research the values of any coin you might purchase BEFORE you buy them... >>

He could have listed the coins for sale with pictures of them slabbed so anyone can look them up, but he didn't. He wanted to hide what he paid for them.

Going forward, I'll do a better job of due diligence and research.
  • Options
    I don't know the real value of this coin, only from a search that came up with a wide range of prices from $50 to $500. Zohar, did you look at PolishSilver's link in his sigline? If those are his coins, then I submit that he isn't such a newbie as is suggested. Nice collection, by the way! Best of luck with you quest.

• Options
    savoyspecialsavoyspecial Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭
    How in the world is this sneaky? You were able to look up my cost, it would seem this is the very definition of transparency.

If you would have asked my cost, I would have probably told you.....I tend to be very candid

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    Really? image

I thought this was the darkside.

Ebay does not determine the value of a coin.
    Terry

eBay Store

DPOTD Jan 2005, Meet the Darksiders
  • Options
    Not that it is anyone's business but mine, but on my last two BST sales (this one being included) I have actually gone in the red......One recently sold at a $50 loss while I probably made $35 after shipping on the transaction highlighted above

If I am a sneaky capitalist, I'm not a very good one

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    I keep re-reading this and finding more gems, like this one:

>>He could have listed the coins for sale with pictures of them slabbed so anyone can look them up, but he didn't. He wanted to hide what he paid for them.>>

This has to be my favorite.....It's no secret that I take crappy pics, so therefore would anyone care to guess what link I used in my sneaky BST to attract an unsuspecting passer-by?

I linked to the PCGS Cert Verification page for that exact coin.....That's right, the same Cert Verification page that offers such amenities as: a photo of the coin (obverse and reverse), total population numbers (if you're keeping score at home, it's a Pop 1 coin!), and Pricing Data (which admittedly is sometimes left blank by PCGS if they do not have enough known sales to base it on)

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    and I'm doing all of this publically because I have yet to receive the first PM from PolishSilver expressing dissatisfaction......This thread is how I discovered his displeasure

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>After I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth and I found that this coin was purchased less than 2 months ago for $60 and I bought it for $100. >>

Have you considered the possibility that the seller got a screaming deal at $60 and that paying $100 still represents a good value for you or are you just upset that he made $40 on the sale?
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,481 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I read this as though someone believes they were ripped off because they paid $40 more for a coin than the seller paid for it - was the buyer forcibly made to agree to buy the coin - was his well being threatened if he did not?

I have myself made purchases from Savoyspecial, and have been very pleased.

Short time low post member barking up a tree about a known high post count and longtime member in good standing - bitter thoughts occasion their appearance.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>
    Short time low post member barking up a tree about a known high post count and longtime member >>

I'm sorry... I'll wait till I'm a high post, longtime member before making any more comments. Just because you post and have been a long time member has nothing to do with this situation.

What's the cut off? 5 year member with 5,000 posts? image

I thought this was a collectors universe forum, not dealer universe.

Like I said earlier, lesson learned.

Thanks for all the great advice everyone! image
  • Options
    >>I'm sorry... I'll wait till I'm a high post, longtime member before making any more comments. Just because you post and have been a long time member has nothing to do with this situation.

What's the cut off? 5 year member with 5,000 posts?>>

An excellent point! It would be absurd to assign a completely arbitrary number out of thin air to determine when a member achieves 'veteran' status......In a similar way, however, isn't it just as silly to assign an arbitrary figure to how much profit a seller is allowed to make? We have established that I am a villain for making $35, but would $28 have been tolerated? No, well how about $17?

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    I've seen many members post coins at cost or a small profit but to scalp 40% is a bit much.

It is what it is...

• Options
    Guys from reading the thread here it seems that all are defending savoyspecial given your experience in dealing with him and his being a long term member and an honest guy which I am certain he is. These arguments in support of savoyspecial are irrelevant to this discussion though as such positive experiences were not known to PolishSilver when making the purchase.

This may be one of these situations where the expectation for someone coming into the forum and BST is that this forum is less commercial and more educational. When the same exact coin sold on Ebay in November sells here in January without images of slab (now we understand that Savoyspecial does not image as well) that could be construed as "sneaky" to avoid tracing the specific ebay sale. It's true that we are looking at $40, yet what if this was a $300 sale and the purchase price was $180.

PolishSilver is new to the forum and does not and should not have an opinion of who the dealer is - there is no feedback system here for someone to look at.

This is an issue of expectations from the BST sellers and an unfortunate (for PolishSilver) situation where it was the coin that Savoyspecial could make a large spread on compared with other items where he has lost. 40% spread over retail (Ebay is as retail as it gets) is the trigger for the dissatisfaction.

PolishSilver as a buyer of a $100 coin should have done better research rather than assume that the price is set close to retail/cost. It is inexpensive tuition to absorb and given my mistakes early on, should not make him feel so bad image
  • Options

<< <i>After I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth and I found that this coin was purchased less than 2 months ago for $60... >>

That's how much he paid for it. Do you know much more he would have been willing to pay?

You apparently were happy with the price of the coin when you bought it. Why does his cost matter?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>After I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth and I found that this coin was purchased less than 2 months ago for $60... >>

That's how much he paid for it. Do you know much more he would have been willing to pay?

You apparently were happy with the price of the coin when you bought it. Why does his cost matter? >>

Exactly!

Successful BST transactions with:CollectorsCoins, farthing, Filacoins, LordMarcovan, Duki, Spoon, Jinx86, ubercollector, hammered54
    LochNess and ProfHaroldHill

• Options

<< <i>I've seen many members post coins at cost or a small profit but to scalp 40% is a bit much. >>

So... if you found a 1909-S VDB Lincoln in change, it would be a bit much to ask 1.4 cents for it?
  • Options
    Mrpotatoheadd posed a question in his post that I would love to have answered by PolishSilver

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    I posted the alternative logic on my thread as well. Truthfully, not sure if any of us would be happy to see that we paid a 40% mark up for the same coin purchased not long ago, regardless if its close to retail or not.... no one REALLY likes to see that whether on a forum or if you would buy a coin from a fellow collector.

I suggest ending this rather than making this forum as "welcoming" as the liteside. I think you all made your points and PolishSilver can learn about the need to research the market prior to purchase.
  • Options
    >>PolishSilver is new to the forum and does not and should not have an opinion of who the dealer is - there is no feedback system here for someone to look at.>>

Actually Zohar, there sort of is.....I just put my screenname 'savoyspecial' in a Liteside (U.S. Forum, as that is where I mainly reside) search and came up with the following threads:

(list is exhaustive, nothing left out; perform the search yourself if you'd like)

5000th post! Special thanks to seanq and savoyspecial and a giveaway! - Winner announced!
    1737 Broad Axe Higley Copper....post some Colonials thanks SavoySpecial
    Public thank you to Greg, AKA Savoyspecial
    Cool Newp from SavoySpecial Nice and Brown
    Won this from Savoyspecial
    Thank you to savoyspecial
    Huge shoutout to savoyspecial

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I've seen many members post coins at cost or a small profit but to scalp 40% is a bit much. >>

So... if you found a 1909-S VDB Lincoln in change, it would be a bit much to ask 1.4 cents for it? >>

Start comparing apples to apples and I'll answer your question potatohead.

• Options
    this was his original question:

Have you considered the possibility that the seller got a screaming deal at $60 and that paying $100 still represents a good value for you or are you just upset that he made $40 on the sale?

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>I posted the alternative logic on my thread as well. Truthfully, not sure if any of us would be happy to see that we paid a 40% mark up for the same coin purchased not long ago, regardless if its close to retail or not.... no one REALLY likes to see that whether on a forum or if you would buy a coin from a fellow collector.

I suggest ending this rather than making this forum as "welcoming" as the liteside. I think you all made your points and PolishSilver can learn about the need to research the market prior to purchase. >>

Thank you Zohar!

Goodnight everyone.
  • Options
    Lessons learned here as well:

Cert Verification pages are sneaky, VERY sneaky!
    And sell only on Ebay, in Polish Silver's own words my profit margin would be perfectly fine on that venue

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

So... if you found a 1909-S VDB Lincoln in change, it would be a bit much to ask 1.4 cents for it? >>

Start comparing apples to apples and I'll answer your question potatohead. >>

Cost is cost, but I can understand why you wouldn't want to answer the question. And that's MRpotatoheadd. With two d's. image
  • Options
    I have no dog in this fight but looking at everything though one prism is wrong as well.

Ebay is not a community, its the wild west where good and many bad things happen. This place is not intended to be a marketplace as a primary goal but rather an educational forum. Selling is secondary in my opinion. As stated, I dont think anyone would be cheerful if they would see such markup on the same EXACT coin 2 months later regardless of market rates... I dont think this is a discussion about ethic but rather a sense of overpayment by PolishSilver given what he saw as the spread on same coin.

And savoyspecial... you have enough support here from the gang. No need to keep beating this thing to death.
  • Options

<< <i>I received your coin I looked up how much this coin is worth and I found that this coin was purchased less than 2 months ago for $60 and I bought it for $100. >>

If you had researched this coin a little more carefully, you'd know it sold four months ago for $25. So the guy you got it from paid 2.4 times more than the previous sale price when he bought it, but you only paid 1.6x over what he paid.

How do you feel about it now? Better or worse?
  • Options

<< <i>Actually Zohar, there sort of is.....I just put my screenname 'savoyspecial' in a Liteside (U.S. Forum, as that is where I mainly reside) search and came up with the following threads: >>

I am sure the experience is all good. Assume this is a new member who did not come from there and did not know of your long term experience. I attribute PolishSilver's frustration to simply seeing the "spread' made in 2 months, nothing more. I think that its a natural response perhaps phrased in a way that implied an ethical issue - I have had instances where I bought a coin from a dealer and then saw a similar coin sold by other dealers at a significantly lower price. I felt like I was taken advantage of. Now if someone sees Ebay purchase price, thinking its true retail price (without researching it) he may reach a similar conclusion.

mrpotatoheadd - I see that you are in a cheerful mood, now you want to make savoyspecial feel that he was taken advantage off on top of PolishSilver's frustration image

One thing forgotten is that the coin is very nice.

• Options

<< <i>One thing forgotten is that the coin is very nice. >>

You mean like this:

"I have had instances where I bought a coin from a dealer and then saw a similar coin sold by other dealers at a significantly lower price. I felt like I was taken advantage of." image
  • Options
    Not sure I follow but I have yet to see such a long thread on a BST other than the Liteside.

If I would find a 1909 S-VDB I would trade it in a heartbeat for a super nice Taler. A coin design which hasn't changed much in over a hundred years doesnt do it for me. Mintage may be low for the US yet very high for 16-17th century World coins. This is why I am betting on the Darkside drawing more US and World collectors over time given the desirable designs and relatively lower price. Time will tell.

Good night to all.
  • Options

<< <i>Not sure I follow but I have yet to see such a long thread on a BST other than the Liteside. >>

Well, there's not normally threads posted here calling a seller "sneaky" and "unfair", who did nothing more than ask a price for a coin that was agreed to by the buyer, who apparently would have been happier had he bought a coin the seller was losing money on.
  • Options
    I dont think there is disagreement regarding these terms used and that was clearly noted and the issue debated.

<< <i>who apparently would have been happier had he bought a coin the seller was losing money on. >>

Where did you read this on this thread or are you a mind reader? The issue was not about a profit, it was the extent of it. I did not read anything about PolishSilver expecting savoyspecial to lose.

Time to end this thread.

• Options
    One last post because I just cant help myself

A hypothetical, what if with all this exposure another CU member sees this coin and thinks 'I must own that.' This member then contacts Polish Silver to find out if the coin is for sale. I wonder at what level it would priced? It's a Pop 1 for the grade so where is the fellow going to get another with that same attractive look? Would he make more than $35 on the sale, and if he did would he owe me an apology? Would that make him a sneaky little "dealer"?

But nobody answers hypothetical questions.....do they??

www.brunkauctions.com

• Options
    savoyspecial, I can understand the urge to have the final word, so I will respond.

Let me put it this way. If you would sell me the same exact coin and slab that you bought 2 months ago at 40% gain, I would not call you sneaky or dishonest. I would have sent you a PM saying - "savoy-has inflation kicked in over the past few monthsimage". As it would have been my first purchase from you, I would interpret this as - "savoy is a high margin, flip oriented dealer" - as that would be my first impression on a first trade. If I did the same to you on our first interaction, I bet you would feel/say the same.

Its very easy for the entire group on this thread to defend that margin by saying research was not done properly. At the end of the day "Buyer Beware" should govern all transactions yet unlike Ebay, this is a community first and foremost. Ebay has no rules. mrpotatoheadd suggests that any margin is fine as the full responsibility is on buyer. Technically he is right, yet to me that is not a good way to bring on a new/old customer.

PolishSilver should apologize for the use of the word sneaky, especially in a public thread and treat this as inexpensive tuition.
  • Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is pretty funny stuff.

Jimmy (PolishSilver) ... you didn't look up what the coin was worth, you looked up a seller's cost (not including shipping of $2). Those may be two very different amounts.

YOU had the same opportunity that the seller had to purchase the coin at that price, but you missed it. No harm, no foul ... after all, you can't be everywhere at once.

You didn't pay a 40% markup, you paid a 67% markup ... do the math. If you are going to complain, at least get the numbers right.

But all of the above is utterly irrelevant. It's about the coin's value, not what a seller pays for it. Would you have been happy learning the seller paid $97 for the coin? Apparently you were happy with the coin's value when offered to you.

And BTW ... mrpotatoheadd's question is right on target and is apples to apples. Since your buying dogma seems to be based on cost, how much "profit" to you think a seller should be allowed?

You have a website displaying dozens of beautiful coins you have collected from around the world and your passion for "owning a part of history" so this purchase is not your first rodeo. So why are you acting as if you are a novice who was harmed by a big, bad dealer?

Since you're all about cost, wanna know something that will really unnerve you? The same coin sold at public auction (GreatCollections) for $29 before savoyspecial bought it. Now I suppose we have to suffer through a numismatic tantrum from savoyspecial. Then again, I highly doubt it.

Now for the disclosure ... I have dealt with savoyspecial as dealer and fellow numismatist for years. You picked on the wrong guy. Greg is one of the good guys who has helped me out far more than I can ever repay. He is helpful, generous, and not the least bit "sneaky."
    Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options

<< <i>I have no dog in this fight but looking at everything though one prism is wrong as well.

Ebay is not a community, its the wild west where good and many bad things happen. This place is not intended to be a marketplace as a primary goal but rather an educational forum. Selling is secondary in my opinion. As stated, I dont think anyone would be cheerful if they would see such markup on the same EXACT coin 2 months later regardless of market rates... I dont think this is a discussion about ethic but rather a sense of overpayment by PolishSilver given what he saw as the spread on same coin.

And savoyspecial... you have enough support here from the gang. No need to keep beating this thing to death. >>

Actually Zohar, now we are going to beat you to death. It seems a couple of years back I purchased a Bern Langenthal shooting medal in a broach from you, the price was a pittance - but I still enjoy the medal but I hazarded to remove it from it's broachely tomb and stuck my pinkie finger with the pin apparatus. That was YOUR fault, your liability. You should have warned me of the narsty 100 year old pin with a pinchent for poking pinkie fingers. I expect recourse, preferably in the form of a financial benefit, to alleviate my pain and suffering.
    In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

<< <i>savoyspecial, I can understand the urge to have the final word, so I will respond.

Let me put it this way. If you would sell me the same exact coin and slab that you bought 2 months ago at 40% gain, I would not call you sneaky or dishonest. I would have sent you a PM saying - "savoy-has inflation kicked in over the past few monthsimage". As it would have been my first purchase from you, I would interpret this as - "savoy is a high margin, flip oriented dealer" - as that would be my first impression on a first trade. If I did the same to you on our first interaction, I bet you would feel/say the same.

Its very easy for the entire group on this thread to defend that margin by saying research was not done properly. At the end of the day "Buyer Beware" should govern all transactions yet unlike Ebay, this is a community first and foremost. Ebay has no rules. mrpotatoheadd suggests that any margin is fine as the full responsibility is on buyer. Technically he is right, yet to me that is not a good way to bring on a new/old customer.

PolishSilver should apologize for the use of the word sneaky, especially in a public thread and treat this as inexpensive tuition. >>

I agree, I would have done some research and PM'ed the seller and haggled out an equitable price for all involved.
  • Options

<< <i>That was YOUR fault, your liability. You should have warned me of the narsty 100 year old pin with a pinchent for poking pinkie fingers. I expect recourse, preferably in the form of a financial benefit, to alleviate my pain and suffering. >>

I am not sure if this is stated as humour rather than compare the two scenaros. The medal was presented as such in description and image. Had you asked to return then it would have been granted immediately. I actually recall you thanking me once received.

• Options

<< <i>Where did you read this on this thread or are you a mind reader? >>

Mind reading is not necessary. It's just a conclusion that follows from what has been presented.

<< <i>Time to end this thread. >>

But my earlier question hasn't been answered and I'm still waiting. I'll ask again:

If it's wrong to ask $100 for a coin you paid $60 for, is it also wrong to ask 8.3 cents for a 1909-S VDB Lincoln you got in a roll of cents at a flea market for $5?
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>That was YOUR fault, your liability. You should have warned me of the narsty 100 year old pin with a pinchent for poking pinkie fingers. I expect recourse, preferably in the form of a financial benefit, to alleviate my pain and suffering. >>

I am not sure if this is stated as humour rather than compare the two scenaros. The medal was presented as such in description and image. Had you asked to return then it would have been granted immediately. I actually recall you thanking me once received. >>

Humour. I don't remember what I paid but it wasn't much. I never had second thoughts about it. In fact the medal is in a cabinet nearby - along with the pin broach that I might put a Sackie or Prexibuck in sometime.
  • Options

<< <i>

If it's wrong to ask $100 for a coin you paid $60 for, is it also wrong to ask 8.3 cents for a 1909-S VDB Lincoln you got in a roll of cents at a flea market for $5? >>

As far as I am concerned you can ask whatever you want for a coin. The point is the onus is on the buyer to establish what a coin is worth and what they are willing to pay. The buyer in this case bought the coin, paid $100 and was seemingly happy until he found the coin on a previous eBay sale where it sold for $60 and then thought the seller ripped him off because he made $40 on the sale. That is part of the problem flipping something you bought on eBay or HA etc - people withing a reasonable time period can go and find what you paid for the item. I have bought some stuff here in the BST that I know was flipped from some fortunate eBay or HA etc purchase - if the price wasn't right for me I negotiated based on what I figure is a reasonable flipping profit. Most sellers accommodate and some don't.

I just think griping about something after you agreed on a price that was then acceptable and coming back later on after finding what the seller paid for the item is a bit over the top.
  • Options
    STLNATSSTLNATS Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭
    Wow, onto page 3 of comments in less than 24 hours over a "killing" of $40 has got to be a record. I wasn't aware of any rules that we had to sell stuff here at cost or less, irrespective of market; my enthusiasm got the best of me - ie I overpaid - on a few items that maybe I should list here (any takers?)

FWIW, I noticed this am that CNG has a number of Victoria maundy odds on their website with the earlier ones in the $100 range. These don't interest me at that level, but the price of Savoy's very pretty coin seems to reflect a reasonable market price so I'm not sure what the controversy is all about. And I've got a handful of early (pre Vicky) odds that I paid ~$25 that I've been sitting on; $100 + (400% of my cost) might be enough to pry them out of my hands, but I'd hope not to be accused of profiteering!

Caveat emptor, but in a softer, friendlyish sort of way, still applies even here in that (as mentioned repeatedly) the onus is on buyers to do their research.

And, going nuclear (ie posting here) is really inappropriate before directly contacting and giving the seller a chance to respond.

Now, group hug everyone!

Always interested in St Louis MO & IL metro area and Evansville IN national bank notes and Vatican/papal states coins and medals!
  • Options
    MacCrimmonMacCrimmon Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing since PSilver always wants a good deal, he didn't buy this Maundy. imageimage

I'd say the lesson here is to research value before you commit to opening your wallet, or your mouth.

Oh, and sellers on this BST don't owe anyone any special "deal" on pricing on one or a few items......

PS, go read up on caveat emptor.

Cheers. image
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    the problem with polishsilvers issue is what if savoyspecial paid $500 and sold it for $100? Or what if he found it in a junk box for $1?

Just suck it up and do more research.....trust me I have bought coins from other well known members here and when I tried to sell it later on, I lost a great deal....I overpaid I guess but I learned
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    Lastly, polishsilver, I looked at your site.......great collection!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    SamByrdSamByrd Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭✭
    First Greg is a straight shooter 100% I have bought a few times and will be glad to buy again from him.

The OP bought a coin at a price he was willing to pay and decides to whine in a public post about the transaction both parties agreed too.

This post is in very very poor form and really should of been discussed in private, Greg would of discussed this with you in that manner as it should be.

The cry baby method expressed in the post is not the way to resolve an issue that you seem to think exist. The deal was done offer and acceptance and you have the coin.

I myself can give a rat's astrick about the sellers cost , what a seller pays for an item does not matter. I care about what I pay and the deal I agree too.

Greg was quite gracious in his response to this post and that shows a great deal about a person the quality of that person in my view.