Home Precious Metals
Options

First post

Hi everyone - this is my first post on the forums so I figured I'd introduce myself. I couldn't find an introductions section so I figured I'd start here since it's where I'll spend most of my time.

I was introduced to this forum by someone I was transacting with via Craigslist. My main interest is precious metals but I dabble in numismatics a bit.

I look forward to becoming a trusted member of the trading community on these boards, but I know I have to earn my place. Let's get started!
Successful BST: VPR, nederveit, RR, Littletweed

Comments

• Options

What type of PM do you stack/collect? Coins, bars, old, new?image
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭

<< <i>image

What type of PM do you stack/collect? Coins, bars, old, new?image >>

Welcome. ^ what he said.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options

<< <i>image

What type of PM do you stack/collect? Coins, bars, old, new?image >>

Thanks for the welcome!

Mostly silver bullion thus far. I'm partial to Engelhard but I'll stack anything at the right price! Obviously the Engelhard is old stuff but when the market drops I look at modern refiners like JM, Silvertowne, etc if they offer free shipping. But I prefer face-to-face cash sales 'cause I don't like Big Brother knowing my business.

I've held some gold for a while and just recently I've been trying to collect lower fractional gold. The 1oz+ are too inconvenient to move if I need the cash...

• Options
    secondrepublicsecondrepublic Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!

Check out the BST forum; there are sometimes good deals on PMs.
    "Men who had never shown any ability to make or increase fortunes for themselves abounded in brilliant plans for creating and increasing wealth for the country at large." Fiat Money Inflation in France, Andrew Dickson White (1912)
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome and expect to see lots of discussion on the "whys" and "what ifs" involved with precious metal supply, demand and pricing.

A review of the forum rules posted at the top of the US coin forum is in order to protect your ability to remain a member and continue to post.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    Yep I will read the rules!

I've read a lot of the speculation on PMs here. I find it at once interesting and hopeless. Aside from some obvious signs like who is president, what the Fed is doing, and what the stock market does, I've basically resigned any hope of predicting the PM markets... But it's fun to read other people's insights sometimes...
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum!
  • Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭
    Howdy!!!

Whatcha stackin'?

Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome aboard aries339... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome, and enjoy your time here.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    Welcome.
    There are several very intelligent and prudent folks here.
    You can learn a lot.
    Some are very opinionated, often correctly.
    Enjoy!
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    Welcome to the vast world of coins/currency knowledge! It's a great place to be a part of.
    successful transactions with: vpr, robman, piecesofme, metalsman, gdavis70, agentjim007, ranshdow and more to come!
  • Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome! It's a good place with great contributors!
    Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fresh meat! WELCOME!

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    DorkGirlDorkGirl Posts: 9,994 ✭✭✭
    Becky
  • Options
    trozautrozau Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Welcome! image
    trozau (troy ounce gold)
  • Options
    AhrensdadAhrensdad Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭
    Welcome
    Successful BST Transactions with: WTCG, Ikenefic, Twincam, InternetJunky, bestday, 1twobits, Geoman x4, Blackhawk, Robb, nederveit, mesquite, sinin1, CommemDude, Gerard, sebrown, Guitarwes, Commoncents05, tychojoe, adriana, SeaEagleCoins, ndgoflo, stone, vikingdude, golfer72, kameo, Scotty1418, Tdec1000, Sportsmoderator1 and many others.

Please visit my website Millcitynumismatics.com
  • Options
    Welcome. Stacking is addictive and very interesting with all the types available.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options

Thanks everyone!

Also any advice on getting started on BST here is appreciated. I'm not in any hurry; I'd just like to hear the tips that the veterans have.
  • Options
    vprvpr Posts: 604 ✭✭✭
    Welcome aries339! In case the community hasn't figured out who introduced you to this place (hint is in his signature), it was me. We did a couple of deals on Craigslist and everything went very smoothly. The second time, he came over to my place. Thanks again for driving out here, aries339! The last time I drove out to you, I didn't know if I would make it back alive. The car I was driving had terrible tires.
    References: Too many to list. PM for details. 100% satisfaction both as buyer and seller. As a seller, I ship promptly and keep buyers updated.
  • Options

Thanks for referring me to the boards, V!
  • Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Welcome aries339! In case the community hasn't figured out who introduced you to this place (hint is in his signature), it was me. We did a couple of deals on Craigslist and everything went very smoothly. The second time, he came over to my place. Thanks again for driving out here, aries339! The last time I drove out to you, I didn't know if I would make it back alive. The car I was driving had terrible tires. >>

Well done vpr. Welcome aries339 - it's a great place to hang out with like minded people.
  • Options
    JulioJulio Posts: 2,501
    Welcome. Take care. jws
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭
    welcome to the forums image
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    You will find quite a bit of spin-doctoring here as everyone has a different interpretation of the same event(s).

But it is very educational. Enjoy!
  • Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Thanks everyone!

Also any advice on getting started on BST here is appreciated. I'm not in any hurry; I'd just like to hear the tips that the veterans have. >>

Best to get a little history under your belt so buyers will have more confidence when sending payments to you.
  • Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello and welcome to the boards.

We like all of the things you do. A couple successful buys and then some small sales with a number of board members should be a good start.

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    mhammermanmhammerman Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the show.