Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Unwritten rules of the Coin Forum!

Let's keep it friendly.

1. Do not post a guess the grade thread on New Years Day, before noon.

2. Be creative when lampooning Ebay. Bay of E and Feebay are worn out.

3. An occasional sympathy post to a Sacagawea thread is a kindness that will assure you a primo spot in heaven.

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rule 4. Don't write down the unwritten rules of the coin forum image
  • Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule number 5: Read all the unwritten rules twice before posting.

bobimage
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rule 6. no mankini avatars.

wish someone would've told me. image

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    Rule 7: When one person bids on a counterfeit on ebay, all members of this forum rush immediately to that listing and bid it up as high as possible.

as if it even needed to be said. morons!

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    LotsoLuckLotsoLuck Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭
    Rule 8: Hug your Mom.
  • Options
    rule 9: when you are mean to someone publicly, you have to send them a free coin!

i'd really like to know if this is exists. image

• Options
    11. Never post unless you have something really interesting to say.

Oops.

Let's try not to get upset.
  • Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Rule #12: When it stops being fun, break something". image

Erik

Edit to add quotations.
  • Options
    LochNESSLochNESS Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭
    Unlucky unwritten rule #13: Don't PM someone a BST offer and then forget to check your PMs inbox (for their reply) for two weeks …

I'm the guilty one here; sorry Jeremy. image
    ANA LM • WBCC 429

Amat Colligendo Focum

Top 10FOR SALE

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,216 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #14 Don't post a question on the PM forum only because you are to embarassed to ask it here.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    #15. When posting an image the size of a large Montoni's pizza, expect every microscopic flaw to be critiqued.
  • Options
    lcoopielcoopie Posts: 8,795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    respect your Master Collectors and Name your Titles, image
    LCoopie = Les
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
    34. ... never mind.
  • Options
    #16. Off topic threads are permitted as long as the poster states Off topic and it is weather or football related.
  • Options
    JJMJJM Posts: 7,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #17 ricko should be required by Forum Law to post pics of his coins. image
    👍BST's erickso1,cone10,MICHAELDIXON,TennesseeDave,p8nt,jmdm1194,RWW,robkool,Ahrensdad,Timbuk3,Downtown1974,bigjpst,mustanggt,Yorkshireman,idratherbgardening,SurfinxHI,derryb,masscrew,Walkerguy21D,MJ1927,sniocsu,Coll3tor,doubleeagle07,luciobar1980,PerryHall,SNMAM,mbcoin,liefgold,keyman64,maprince230,TorinoCobra71,RB1026,Weiss,LukeMarshall,Wingsrule,Silveryfire, pointfivezero,IKE1964,AL410, Tdec1000, AnkurJ,guitarwes,Type2,Bp777,jfoot113,JWP,mattniss,dantheman984,jclovescoins,Collectorcoins,Weather11am,Namvet69,kansasman,Bruce7789,ADG,Larrob37
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    #18 don't refer to the rule book unless you are willing to follow it yourself
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #100 ....don't jump the gun posting #100!

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    Protip: A closed mouth gathers no feet.
  • Options
    #19 - Don't take disagreement personal.

• Options
    georgiacop50georgiacop50 Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭✭
    20 Avoid the phrase: "What say you?" (it is so worn out!)

21 Never disagree with Keets. (He knows EVERTHING)
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Poofed or about to be poofed posts should not be poofed
    until there at least 15 popcorn eating streams posted to the
    thread image

Steve
    Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you can't post something nice, post something else, but keep it numismatically related if at all possible, especially as it pertains to U.S. Coins. (that's my own unwritten rule, and a little philosophical bullion never hurt anyone)
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #24 (I think, count may be screwed up) - Tolerate RickO's lack of photo taking/posting skills since he does not know how... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whatever # Photobucket account Required ...
  • Options
    TPRCTPRC Posts: 3,740 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unwritten rule #25: __________________

There! I said it.

Tom

• Options
    When arguing with idiots over the Internet, you are guilty by association.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When arguing with idiots over the Internet, you are guilty by association. >>

I was going to argue with this, but then....oh nevermind.
    -Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>When arguing with idiots over the Internet, you are guilty by association. >>

imageDon't feed trolls.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    CoinspongeCoinsponge Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭
    Rule 19 ror 101: Try and have a little respect for your Spouses when posting.

Oops, make that #26. Reminds me about something I do too much. Read to the end of the thread before posting. Guilty.
    Gold and silver are valuable but wisdom is priceless.
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once a rule becomes written and definable, it becomes easier to subvert. . image

This entire thread, in attempting to create Order, is promoting more Chaos. . image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>Once a rule becomes written and definable, it becomes easier to subvert. . image

This entire thread, in attempting to create Order, is promoting more Chaos. . image >>

Sort of like spilling champagne on the deck of Titanic and promoting more of a flood. image
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When someone starts a thread with an outrageous opening post, use the quote feature before they have a chance to delete their opening post. image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    taxbuster1040taxbuster1040 Posts: 343 ✭✭✭
    Rule number 27= Never ask if buying a coin is a good investment......This will always get a response that you shouldn't 'invest" in coins......
  • Options
    #28....Never brag about an Ebay rip until it is safely in your hands!
  • Options

<< <i>When someone starts a thread with an outrageous opening post, use the quote feature before they have a chance to delete their opening post. image >>

Good One

• Options
    DennisHDennisH Posts: 13,963 ✭✭✭✭✭
    #29: Smile and hold your tongue when someone makes a disparaging comment about Morgan VAMs and the people who collect them. Sooner or later, they'll have a coin that makes them wonder "what in the hell is this" and come come asking for help.
    When in doubt, don't.
  • Options
    #30. The best threads start with "I just got of the phone with...."
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,748 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I this thread of rules is still going on Feb 2nd and it has a shadow there will be six more weeks of rules.image
  • Options
    fiveNdimefiveNdime Posts: 1,088 ✭✭

<< <i>34. ... never mind. >>

BST transactions: guitarwes; glmmcowan; coiny; nibanny; messydesk
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a superb movie "Bang the Drum Slowly" - De Niro's first role. A baseball rookie, a couple of vets school him at TEGWAR. In which a Double Napoleon is trumped by a Duke, a Double Play is trumped by an Ump, etc. . image

The newbie, knowing he'd been duped, and with much delight to the perps, later asks the vets what TEGWAR means.

In Classic Brooklynese, it is explained. "The Exciting Game Without Any Rules"...... image
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options

<< <i>There's a superb movie "Bang the Drum Slowly" - De Niro's first role. A baseball rookie, a couple of vets school him at TEGWAR. In which a Double Napoleon is trumped by a Duke, a Double Play is trumped by an Ump, etc. . image

The newbie, knowing he'd been duped, and with much delight to the perps, later asks the vets what TEGWAR means.

In Classic Brooklynese, it is explained. "The Exciting Game Without Any Rules"...... image >>

Not unlike Fizbin!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    #31 ... Be careful who you drink with!
  • Options
    BlindedByEgoBlindedByEgo Posts: 10,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>#19 - Don't take disagreement personal. >>

#32 - Know that adverbs are your friends.
  • Options
    ebaybuyerebaybuyer Posts: 2,984 ✭✭✭
    if proper grammar was a requirement here, there would be fewer rules because there would be ALOT less people
    regardless of how many posts I have, I don't consider myself an "expert" at anything
  • Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>There's a superb movie "Bang the Drum Slowly" - De Niro's first role. A baseball rookie, a couple of vets school him at TEGWAR. In which a Double Napoleon is trumped by a Duke, a Double Play is trumped by an Ump, etc. . image

In Classic Brooklynese, it is explained. "The Exciting Game Without Any Rules"...... image >>

Not unlike Fizbin! >>

Or Calvinball.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>if proper grammar was a requirement here, there would be fewer rules because there would be ALOT less people >>

"A LOT" is two words.image

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    #33....Very little good happens after the first 28 posts.
  • Options
    dogwooddogwood Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭✭
    Newbs with Newps are better than Newbs with Nukes.
    We're all born MS70. I'm about a Fine 15 right now.
  • Options

<< <i>When someone starts a thread with an outrageous opening post, use the quote feature before they have a chance to delete their opening post. image >>

that was what I wanted to post

34. Don't edit your original post after people start commenting. Unless it is for grammar.
    Morgan Everyman Set
    Member, Society of Silver Dollar Collectors.
    Looking for PCGS AU58+ 1901-P, 1896-O, & 1894-O

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file