Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

I'm about to throw down on some serious Cajun Jambalaya...

...so post a picture of your favorite coin with a New Orleans mintmark!

my daughter turns 3 yrs old and we are throwing her a Mardi Gras themed party on Saturday...I will post some pics as they come along with how I do...i'ma burn dis kitchen to da ground baby image

Erik

Comments

• Options
    michiganboymichiganboy Posts: 1,246 ✭✭
    Erik, Happy Birthday to your daughter! Mine will be 5 this year and off to school...they grow up so fast! Enjoy them precious years!
    Positive BST transactions:michaeldixon,nibanny,
    type2,CCHunter.
  • Options
    SkyManSkyMan Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday and Congratulations!!!! imageimage

Just think, in 15 years you can start selling all your coins so that you can pay for her college education. image

Enjoy your Jambalaya and your daughter while you can... she'll grow up faster than you can believe.

• Options
    I have $ boys (10, 12, 14, and 16) they do grow up very fast my 16yo is 6ft 4in already. Enjoy the younger years and that innocent time of discovery. Happy birthday to her. imageimage
  • Options
    AuroraBorealisAuroraBorealis Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my favorite O`s... Hope your little one has a great day!

ABimage

• Options
    3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks guys! My wife is 6 months into another daughter, so I will certainly cherish these moments while Thanking God for every moment of my being! Here are some pictures of what I call the "Jambalaya hash." I make it about a day or two prior and then let it marry in the refrigerator. Now when it's time to party, whip out the Le Creuset French Oven and toss in the hash with some stock and extra long grain rice... Bring to a soft boil and then fold in some fresh chopped curly parsley and trust my instincts image I will post more action when it comes baby image

...Nice Coins...keep 'em coming image

imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimageimageimageimageimage

...ok...next move...i will post my favorite NOLA coin in the OP just to keep this baby U.S coin related image

Erik
  • Options
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happy Birthday to your daughter.

I really like good Jambalay.... best I ever had was in Houston (I do believe the cook was Cajun though).... Please send me your recipe (PM is fine).... I have been craving a batch and your fixings look awesome... thanks in advance... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    That Jambalaya looks really good. Here's a $20 1851-O NGC AU53 CAC.

• Options
    shorecollshorecoll Posts: 5,445 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm heading to the Big Easy next week, hope the food I get is as good as that looks!!!
    ANA-LM, NBS, EAC
  • Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 yr old daughter - They start talking a blue streak and you realize they've been listening in all along. . image

1904-O - a coin which also still retains much of its innocence. Gem and likely within 2 or 3 points of the above.

Jambalaya - New Jersey is in on that ! That's some passel of fixin's. . image

I got a plate (or (two) of poorguy's shrimp etouffee at FUN. Other than pizza and cheesecake, local cuisine shows we don't know how to cook here.

Nana's brisket?

On the other hand, good Thai.

Mazel Tov

Love the 53-O 25c and 51-O $20
    "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file