Home Precious Metals
Options

BGASC.com - Thumbs up or Down?

I was planning on buying some metal from these guys - does anyone have an opinion on them? Are they legitimate? Has anyone bought anything from them in the past? I'm more familiar with APMEX, Provident, etc. and cant find any reviews online from people who have made purchases from BGASC.

Here's their website - http://www.bgasc.com/

Comments

• Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761
    Why do you want to go with a company you are not familiar with and you cannot find any review about?
    What do they have that is cheaper than their competitors?

They sell on eBay. Feedbacks page here
    The member formerly known as Ciccio / Posts: 1453 / Joined: Apr 2009
  • Options
    They currently offer some graded bullion Buffalos for $80 over spot compared to ~+$140 at the other places I am more familiar with. Normally Id stick with raw coins but Id like a couple of these PCGS ones right now. My local dealers all charge ridiculous prices for common gold or Id just buy from them. I was hoping someone had previous experience with these guys and could clue me in.
  • Options
    nibannynibanny Posts: 2,761

<< <i>They currently offer some graded bullion Buffalos for $80 over spot compared to ~+$150 at the other places I am more familiar with. Normally Id stick with raw coins but Id like a couple of these PCGS ones right now. My local dealers all charge ridiculous prices for common gold or Id just buy from them. I was hoping someone had previous experience with these guys and could clue me in. >>

It makes sense.
    According to their eBay feedback rating they are pretty good.
    The website is well done and it looks professional.
    Shipping charges are good too.

Let's see is any of our fellow members has had any experience with them.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Excellent price, but I know nothing about the dealer.

Closest competitor that I can find that I would consider dealing with is Goldmart, they are preselling 2014 Gold Buffs, PCGS MS70 FS for $1357. Be sure to look at your shipping costs when comparing prices.

You are smart to seek references on an unknown seller. If you do go with BGASC be sure to let us know how it works out. We're always looking for references on new sellers, especially when they have prices like those buffalos.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    Hi. Martin here from BGASC.com.

If anyone wishes to engage in a question I am happy to answer.

The post above is correct. We have also been selling on ebay for a while and you can see our customer ratings are very good.

We are a PCGS dealer and CCE member as well.

Our goal is "To be the kind of dealer we always wanted to deal with." A dealer that is in stock, ships fast, has shipping costs that closely relate to our actual cost and to price our coins & bars at a fair and reasonable markup.

Another thing that distinguishes us is that any current year government minted silver coin we sell (eagles, maples, philharmonics, pandas, etc) comes ONLY straight from a sealed mint box. We do not buy current year coins to then resell. We only acquire them in sealed boxes. So you can be assured that those you receive are fresh.

Most of the PCGS coins we have we graded ourselves.

Lastly, please know EVERY item we sell is returnable within 3 business days of receipt - INCLUDING BULLION. Any graded item can be returned for full price. So you can look at the slabbed coins in hand and determine if they meet your expectation. For non-graded bullion, it also can be returned but the return price may be adjusted if the bullion prices is lower.

Thanks.

Martin
    www.BGASC.com
    BGASC.com
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Overall prices don't look too bad , but I fell off my chair when I saw cull morgans $22.50 each image

• Options
    Stay on your chair!!!

Here are some comparisons I just did for Cull Morgan Silver Dollars :

Apmex 22.36
    BGASC 22.50
    Gainesville 22.88
    Provident 24.37

HOWEVER, when you compare the total out the door price with shipping that 14cent Apmex lower price goes much higher per coin.

It pays to always look at the out the door price.

Another thing to think about is that really there is no such thing as free shipping. It gets priced into the coins by those other dealers. Think about this..... if the price of shipping is built into the coin price, then the more coins you buy the more you may be over paying for shipping.

Martin
    BGASC.com
  • Options
    Martin, welcome to the forums.

thanx for presenting your business to the members here.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    never heard of them until now and checked out the site.....very well done! Will browse it some more....their prices are very good actually too!
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Overall prices don't look too bad , but I fell off my chair when I saw cull morgans at $22.50 each

Not being mean, so please don't take it that way, but the premium on any common date/mintmark Morgan has increased significantly as of late, even with Spot declining.

Welcome to the site Martin.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    I did end up placing a small order early this morning after speaking with Martin yesterday over the phone. Look forward to reporting a successful transaction!
  • Options

<< <i>I did end up placing a small order early this morning after speaking with Martin yesterday over the phone. Look forward to reporting a successful transaction! >>

thanx. I look forward to adding him to my list of AAA sellers - tulving created a vacancy.

• Options
    Received my order today. Everything looks great! I ordered Friday Jan 31st and received my package yesterday Monday Feb 10. I think that's a pretty quick turnaround (I paid with personal check). Already placed another order.
  • Options

<< <i>Received my order today. Everything looks great! I ordered Friday Jan 31st and received my package yesterday Monday Feb 10. I think that's a pretty quick turnaround (I paid with personal check). Already placed another order. >>

You are right, it is a very quick turnaround!

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Any pics?! image
  • Options
    Pretty awesome looking Hobo carvings on an ATB coin. Someone could buy me one if they so desired.

http://www.bgasc.com/category/master-carver-steve-adams-collection-carved-coins
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apart from Martin, any new reviews on bgasc?

I'm in the market for a lot of stuff but some newly graded 2014 releases might be a good start.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Pretty awesome looking Hobo carvings on an ATB coin. Someone could buy me one if they so desired.

http://www.bgasc.com/category/master-carver-steve-adams-collection-carved-coins >>

Yeah...they are neat, but by putting that kind of price tag on them, even if it is only to get them out there and display them, makes them lose some actual legitimacy in my mind.
    They would be better off putting everything there and putting a "not currently available" in place of that ridiculous price.

Not ruling them completely out, and it is good that people have ordered and got their stuff, but, come on, a website isn't eBay and pricing things just to get views by pricing that high.

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    BBNBBN Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭
    Wow, bookmarked this site. I like their prices!

Positive BST Transactions (buyers and sellers): wondercoin, blu62vette, BAJJERFAN, privatecoin, blu62vette, AlanLastufka, privatecoin

#1 1951 Bowman Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #2 1980 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
    #8 (and climbing) 1972 Topps Los Angeles Rams Team Set
  • Options

<< <i>Apart from Martin, any new reviews on bgasc?

I'm in the market for a lot of stuff but some newly graded 2014 releases might be a good start. >>

At the risk of sounding like a shill I was very pleased with my first purchase and have since followed up with a couple more with the same great results. I saw someone posted a BGASC unboxing video with a couple uncut sheets of silver Pandas that looked cool on youtube.
  • Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've made several small purchases from them always good and prompt service.image
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you have more detail on your dealer/trading/collecting backgrounds other than a love of silver coins from back in the 1960's?
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
  • Options
    Martin here...........

We do not hold ourselves up to have any unique expertise. If you are looking for a true expert to offer an opinion and written essay on "Shield Nickels with Rays", we aren't your guys. But we might have the coin for sale for you graded by PCGS at the right price.

My personal experience is diverse. Many years ago I was a senior marketing executive with one of the top Movie Studios in Southern California before coins became my life. In the early days of the internet I also founded, as a second business, an ecommerce business that bloomed and when we sold it was one of the top 100 ecommerce sites in the world. Others in this business collect coins or are stackers.

When you have a choice to purchase coins or bars from so many dealers we hope to stand out with quick delivery, fair prices, and no annoying sales calls from commission sales people, and satisfaction guaranteed. We want to be the dealer we always wanted to trade with.
  • Options
    Thanks for the nice comments.

BGASC.com