Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Custom case for Hartland Statue collection

I wanted to be able to display the entire collection as a wall display, so two weeks later, here it is.

Comments

• Options
    GDM67GDM67 Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭
    That is tremendously cool.
  • Options
    PSASAPPSASAP Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭
    Thanks GDM67. I haven't hung it on the wall yet. There are two eyelets to hang the frame on screws, but I think I need something more substantial.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,431 ✭✭✭✭
    very cool!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options

I changed the position of the Drysdale statue, it looks better now because you can see more of his jersey.
  • Options
    mj23kg21mj23kg21 Posts: 134 ✭✭
    That is awesome! It looks great. Just make sure the statues are unable to tip over as Ruth, Aparicio, Williams and a few others tip quite easily if the bases aren't perfectly flat.
    Always looking to buy old Minnesota Twins and Vikings memorabilia like Nodders, Photo Pennants, and Photo Buttons.
  • Options
    If the statues didn't have an adhesive on the bottoms, I never would have been able to put it together. I used a product called glue dots, a removable substance that doesn't leave a residue.
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭

<< <i>If the statues didn't have an adhesive on the bottoms, I never would have been able to put it together. I used a product called glue dots, a removable substance that doesn't leave a residue. >>

Very nice! Did you have that made or make it? Custom job, right? Acrylic or glass? Very professional.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations on a superb display.

I've been working on the set for years - just not in any hurry - a favorite. You have a fan. image
    Mike
  • Options
    vintagefunvintagefun Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭
    Too Cool!!! Nice work!!!
    52-90 All Sports, Mostly Topps, Mostly HOF, and some assorted wax.
  • Options
    Looks great!
    I have always liked the original Hartland baseball statues!
  • Options
    qualitycardsqualitycards Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭
    Wow! That's impressive, I can stare at that all day.

• Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Very nice piece of art. Enjoy.
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    mrpeanut39mrpeanut39 Posts: 841 ✭✭✭
    Who's that between Mantle and Mathews? He swings like a rusty gate.
    "I think the guy must be practicing voodoo or something. Check out his eyes. Rico's crazier than a peach orchard sow." -- Whitey Herzog, Spring Training 1973
  • Options
    It's Mr. 61 himself, Roger Maris. Hartland got most of the players right, but Maris was a fail.
  • Options
    heritageheritage Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭
    Looks very nice.. what a great display.
  • Options
    @esquiresports: I had the case custom-made, it's acrylic and very light, maybe 15 lbs. Most displays that I've seen for Hartlands are table displays, which, to me, take up too much space. I wanted something I could look at that would be protected from dust, spiderwebs and run of the mill household accidents. If you're wondering about the little leaguer, I have it, but I thought it would look out of place with the other figurines, plus it's the odd number. Maybe he'll get his own case. :-)
  • Options
    Do I see a Dick Grote in the case?
  • Options
    Yes, in between Nellie Fox and Harmon Killebrew.
  • Options
    Yes, in between Nellie Fox and Harmon Killebrew.

Very nice.. image
  • Options
    I hope I'm not stepping on any toes by giving this thread a bump but I pickup up my first hartland statue last night it was a Mantle. (white in color) But I hope to learn as much as I can about them, I would post a pic but I still have trouble posting pic's on CU.