Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

A labor of love: My US Soccer cap winners collection

For the un-soccer initiated:

<< <i>In sport, a cap is a metaphorical term for a player's appearance on a select team, such as a national team >>

So, this collection is composed of players who have made at least one appearance for the (Senior) US Men's National team.

As you might guess, I've been working on this for quite some time - and I still have many to go. Of course, soccer cards (or at least ones that featured Americans) have only been around for 15 years or so - so that's a challenge. Some of the US players play club soccer in Europe (and have never played in the US), so it's difficult to catch up with them unless they are in the US for a US match.

I feel pretty good about the authenticity of most, if not all of these. I've gotten some in person, others from eBay sellers in the US and the UK, some are pack inserted. Besides, who's getting rich off forged Jimmy Conrad autographs? And of course, I've had the Donovan, Howard and Dempsey autographs authenticated. I'll probably do the rest with those that are in the soccer hall of fame at some point.

Anyway, there you go. Enjoy. Or don't.

My LSU Autographs

Only an idiot would have a message board signature.

Comments

• esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Wow - that is quite the collection! I can't imagine how much more difficult putting that together versus a baseball signed set. Nice work.

The Brian Quinn San Diego Soccers card with 91X logo (alternative radio station still in existence) is awesome! The Soccers were the pride of San Diego sports for a decade.

Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • miwlvrnmiwlvrn Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭✭✭

Truly impressive, to put it lightly. Nice work and thanks for sharing.