Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2014 Topps Baseball

Based on what I see on Ebay. Singles up for sale. Your opinion on this year's design??

I do like that they are using a lot of horizontal images.

Comments

• Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    I like it but not as much as last year.

I'm not ripping much this year because I am sick of all the meaningless inserts they pad the product with now. A few jumbos and that will be it for me. It is always fun though.

• Options

<< <i>I like it but not as much as last year.

I'm not ripping much this year because I am sick of all the meaningless inserts they pad the product with now. A few junbos and that will be it for me. It is always fun though. >>

+1 on the inserts image I like ripping, but to have to wade through so many inserts just to try and collate a base set is a big turn off. I'll probably get a jumbo box and then back fill with 'complete your set' deals. Such is base collecting in 2014.

As for the design, It's not bad. I did like 2013's design. Nothing about 2014 jumps out with a 'wow' factor.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    jmmiller777jmmiller777 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    It looks ok. I don't think there is much difference between the sets over the last 8-9 years, all similar. I am just tired of retro style cards coming on the market as part of new sets.
    CURRENT PROJECTS IN WORK:
    To be honest, no direction, but...
    1966-69 Topps EX+
    1975 minis NrMt Kelloggs PSA 9
    All Topps Heritage-Master Sets
  • Options
    As of today there are over 7300 listings for this product on ebay!
  • Options
    Mick65Mick65 Posts: 722 ✭✭✭
    PRODUCT BREAKDOWN:

BASE CARDS (330):

Featuring Veterans, Rookies, League Leaders, 2013 Baseball Highlights, World Series Highlights, and the return of Future Stars.

PARALLEL CARDS:

Parallel versions of all 330 base cards in the following varieties:

- Gold Parallel sequentially numbered to 2014.
    - Camo Parallel sequentially numbered to 99.
    - Black Parallel sequentially numbered to 63. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
    - Pink Parallel sequentially numbered to 50.
    - Platinum Parallel numbered 1/1.
    - Red Hot Foil Parallel inserted 1:6 packs.
    - Clear Parallel Printed on clear stock! Sequentially numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY - NOT FOUND IN JUMBO PACKS!
    - Base Card Printing Plates Numbered 1/1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY
    - Silk Collection Partial parallel - 100 subjects. Sequentially numbered to 50. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

Commemorative Relic Cards: 1 Per Hobby Case; 1 Per Hobby Jumbo Box

Topps All Rookie Cup Team Rookie Cup Relics (10)

- Topps All Rookie Cup Team Rookie Cup Relics (10)

Cards featuring Topps' selections for the all-time All-Rookie Cup team, with a replica Rookie Cup embedded in the card. Sequentially numbered to 99.

Topps Rookie Cup All-Stars Rookie Cup Relics (25)

Additional players who have received the Topps Rookie Cup designation, with a replica Rookie Cup embedded in the card. Sequentially numbered to 99.

- Topps Rookie Cup All-Stars Rookie Cup Relics Vintage Parallel (25)

The above subjects, but featuring a replica of the original Topps Rookie Cup Trophy. Sequentially numbered to 25

Class Rings Silver (25)

Featuring 25 of the greatest players of all time, with an embedded commemorative ring top celebrating the year of his rookie class.

- Class Rings Gold (25)

Featuring a gold ring with replica gems embedded in the ring. Sequentially numbered to 25.

Class Rings Gold Gems Autographs (10)

The same cards as above, but also with an autograph. Sequentially numbered to 10.

INSERT CARDS:

The Future Is Now (30) - Cards featuring the top 10 young players and each of their 3 best moments in the League so far. Inserted 1:4.

Upper Class (50) - Cards recognizing the best rookie classes of all time. Inserted 1:4.

50 Years of the Draft (10) - Cards celebrating the 50th incarnation of the draft, with some of its most memorable past moments and selections. Inserted 1:18.

Topps All Rookie Cup Team (10) - Cards featuring Topps' selections for the All-time All-Rookie Cup team. Inserted 1:18.

Before They Were Great (30) - Premium cards featuring the top 30 active and retired stars, with images from their early playing days. Inserted 1:18. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

- Before They Were Great Gold Parallel (15) Numbered to 99. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

1989 Topps Minis Die Cut (50) - Mini cards using the 1989 Topps design and die-cut around the perimater. Inserted 1:18.

AUTOGRAPHED CARDS:

Trajectory Autographs - Autograph cards illustrating the player's progression from his rookie season to now.

The Future Is Now Autographs (30) - Numbered to 25.

Upper Class Autographs (25) - Numbered to 50.

Topps All Rookie Cup Team Autographs (5) - Numbered to 50.

Before They Were Great Autographs (15) - Numbered to 10. Signed On-card! HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

1989 Topps Minis Die-Cut Autographs (10) - On-card! Numbered to 10.

World Series Champion Autographs (5) - Featuring members of the 2013 World Series Champions with an autograph. Sequentially #'d to 50.

Postseason Performance Autographs (10) - Featuring other standout performers from the 2013 Postseason with an autograph. Sequentially #'d to 50.

RELIC CARDS:

Trajectory Relics (40) - Relic cards illustrating the player's progression from his rookie season to now.

The Future Is Now Relics (30) - Numbered to 99.

Upper Class Relics (25) - Numbered to 99.

Topps All Rookie Cup Team Relics (5) - Numbered to 99.

Before They Were Great Relics (25) - Numbered to 25. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

1989 Topps Minis Die-Cut Relics (15) - Numbered to 25.

World Series Champion Relics (15) - Featuring members of the 2013 World Series Champions with a relic. Sequentially #'d to 100.

Postseason Performance Relics (25) - Featuring other standout performers from the 2013 Postseason with a relic. Sequentially #'d to 100.

In the Name Relics (65) - Cards featuring the letters from the name plate on the 2013 All-Star Work-Out Jerseys. One card for each letter. All cards are numbered 1/1. HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

STRATA CARDS: NEW! HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

Strata Signature Relics - The breakout hit comes to Topps Baseball! Featuring stars, both active and retired. On-card! Numbered.

Strata Cut Signatures - Numbered 1/1.

AUTOGRAPHED RELIC CARDS: HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

The Future Is Now Autograph Relics (30) - Numbered to 10.

Upper Class Autograph Relics (25) - Numbered to 25.

Topps All Rookie Cup Team Autograph Relics (5) - Numbered to 25.

Before They Were Great Autograph Relics (10) - Numbered to 5. Signed On-card!

World Series Champion Autograph Relics (5) - Featuring members of the 2013 World Series Champions with an autograph and a relic. Sequentially #'d to 50.

Postseason Performance Autograph Relics (10) - Featuring other standout performers from the 2013 Postseason with an autograph and a relic. Sequentially #'d to 50.

FRAMED ROOKIE REPRINT CARDS: NEW! HOBBY & HOBBY JUMBO ONLY

Framed in the style of the stunning Museum Collection Autograph cards, the top Rookie cards of all time will be reprinted and framed in the following colors:

- Black Framed
    - Silver Framed - Numbered.
    - Gold Framed - Numbered.

ROOKIE BUYBACKS:

Top 50 Rookie Buyback Redemptions The top 50 Rookie cards in Topps history will be up for grabs!

PROMOTIONAL PROGRAMS:

The Pennant Chase - Every team will have a Pennant Chase card in product. If the club wins the pennant, it can be redeemed for a prize.

Spring Fever - The popular in-store redemption program from 2013 returns. 1 per Hobby and HOBBY Jumbo box.

36 Packs Per Box, 10 Cards Per Pack

SOMEWHERE IN THERE IS THE BASE SET- This is the hobby today?? Do we chuck the regular cards away like the cardboard gum of the old days?

• Options

Or for the price of 1 box you can get the entire set and all the subsets- ($55.00)

2014 Topps Factory Set Baseball Hobby (Box)

Each Hobby Set contains both Series 1 and Series 2 - 660 cards! Every Base and Subset Card!

Find One 5-Card Pack of numbered Base Orange Parallel Cards!

Hobby Exclusive!

Guess that gives you an indication of the value they place on the base cards. Crazy!
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    The clear acetate parallel is pretty cool, numbered to 10.
  • Options

<< <i>SOMEWHERE IN THERE IS THE BASE SET- This is the hobby today?? Do we chuck the regular cards away like the cardboard gum of the old days? >>

It really is ridiculous. My sons (7 and 9 years old) are huge baseball fans and I am trying to get them into cards, but Topps does not make it easy when they include all this junk with the "base" set and jack up the prices accordingly. My kids really don't care about parallels and relics and refractors, they just want the regular cards. But the packs are prohibitively expensive for kids, and buying the complete set is not nearly as much fun for them as opening packs and experiencing that excitement and anticipation we all enjoyed when we were kids.

Sometimes I just buy them packs at retail anyway, but I have also started trying to replicate for them as much as possible the experience I had as a kid, where I had to decide how much of my limited allowance money I wanted to spend on what were relatively affordable packs. So I have found myself buying a box every once in a while, and then "selling" them packs at a highly subsidized price. It's been fun for them, and having to buy the packs with their money has actually made them more enthusiastic about collecting than when I would just give them packs. So maybe we are succeeding despite Topps' best efforts.

With the huge proliferation of sets and varieties, I truly don't understand why Topps doesn't keep the standard set clean and basic. It's too bad...
  • Options
    With the huge proliferation of sets and varieties, I truly don't understand why Topps doesn't keep the standard set clean and basic. It's too bad...

+1
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>SOMEWHERE IN THERE IS THE BASE SET- This is the hobby today?? Do we chuck the regular cards away like the cardboard gum of the old days? >>

It really is ridiculous. My sons (7 and 9 years old) are huge baseball fans and I am trying to get them into cards, but Topps does not make it easy when they include all this junk with the "base" set and jack up the prices accordingly. My kids really don't care about parallels and relics and refractors, they just want the regular cards. But the packs are prohibitively expensive for kids, and buying the complete set is not nearly as much fun for them as opening packs and experiencing that excitement and anticipation we all enjoyed when we were kids.

Sometimes I just buy them packs at retail anyway, but I have also started trying to replicate for them as much as possible the experience I had as a kid, where I had to decide how much of my limited allowance money I wanted to spend on what were relatively affordable packs. So I have found myself buying a box every once in a while, and then "selling" them packs at a highly subsidized price. It's been fun for them, and having to buy the packs with their money has actually made them more enthusiastic about collecting than when I would just give them packs. So maybe we are succeeding despite Topps' best efforts.

With the huge proliferation of sets and varieties, I truly don't understand why Topps doesn't keep the standard set clean and basic. It's too bad... >>

Why not use the parallels/relics/etc. to subsidize the box? Then they get to keep the base cards and build a set while probably paying for the next box if there are decent hits.
  • Options

<< <i>Why not use the parallels/relics/etc. to subsidize the box? Then they get to keep the base cards and build a set while probably paying for the next box if there are decent hits. >>

Thanks, we may do that once we get into the 2014s. The issue for me though is that I have no clue how much that stuff is "worth" and don't really want to spend the time to learn, and not really interested in becoming an eBay seller of stuff like this. I may just put up a B/S/T forum post when the time comes. Any suggestions you or others might have would be most welcome....
  • Options
    mlbfan2mlbfan2 Posts: 3,115 ✭✭✭
    Keith Olbermann opened the first pack on his show last night.
    link
  • Options
    My son really enjoys building the base Topps set... and yeah, its a bit tough. But normally we buy one hobby box of each series.. and then he'll grab a few blasters from Target on those trips when we're there to get something else and he says "Oh, can I go look at cards for a sec?".... but he inevitably has to fill in his sets at a card show. Luckily there are two dealers who he's made good friends with who give him really good deals on whatever he needs. But still... it's a heck of a lot different process than when me and my friends were kids!
  • Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>Why not use the parallels/relics/etc. to subsidize the box? Then they get to keep the base cards and build a set while probably paying for the next box if there are decent hits. >>

Thanks, we may do that once we get into the 2014s. The issue for me though is that I have no clue how much that stuff is "worth" and don't really want to spend the time to learn, and not really interested in becoming an eBay seller of stuff like this. I may just put up a B/S/T forum post when the time comes. Any suggestions you or others might have would be most welcome.... >>

BST here is a good option, I'm sure there's someone here building the latest parallel/insert sets or if you have enough, ship them off to COMC and sell individually there (they take care of scanning/listing/shipping and you just set the price, for a fee of course).
  • Options
    I am probably going to buy a box jumbo, see what I get, attempt to sell off all the inserts to subsidize the box, then ebay and/or BST for the completion of the set. Then do it all over again for Series 2.

I like the way the OPC hockey is done today. It's a base set collector's dream. Minimal parallels. I was able to assemble 75% of this year's base set with just Target retail purchases.
    Collecting Topps Baseball: 1966-present base sets
    Topps/OPC Hockey 1966-Present base sets
  • Options
    NickMNickM Posts: 4,896 ✭✭✭
    If you watched BoxBusters Live from Beckett today, they had some monster hits from boxes that they then gave away (entire contents of the box, most given out via Twitter trivia contests, including a Trout auto jersey /25.

Personally, I don't mind lots of inserts, I just don't want so many cards of retired players. Oh, and sparkle cards are a really bad idea.

Nick
    Reap the whirlwind.

Need to buy something for the wife or girlfriend? Check out Vintage Designer Clothing.
  • Options
    ToadManToadMan Posts: 219 ✭✭
    I saw this thread and passed by Target to grab some packs to take care of an itch that I had. The thing that I was bothered with was the lady at the checkout being rough with the packs because they are now randomly packed with cards with sensors on them to help deter theft.
  • Options

Right, I always like walking out of Target or Wal-Mart with Baseball Cards and having the alarm go off like your stealing some of their junk.....
  • Options

<< <i>I saw this thread and passed by Target to grab some packs to take care of an itch that I had. The thing that I was bothered with was the lady at the checkout being rough with the packs because they are now randomly packed with cards with sensors on them to help deter theft. >>

Yep, even my wife now tells the cashier to not bag the cards, I get them handed back to me. No more drops and bent corners.
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    Just busted two jumbo packs. Inserts are pretty cool. Pulled a Matt Davidson auto and a Frank Robinson 24/199 Metal Framed reprint. Two guys were in my local store busting boxes. Some pretty nice inserts this year, IMO. One guy had 5 hits from one jumbo box.
  • Options
    Was just in a six box break of the stuff. 5 hobby and 1 jumbo. Only thing that came out of the hobbies that was worth anything, was a Babe Ruth Rookie ring. The jumbo...was awesome. Ernie Banks auto, George Brett Ring, Jonny Gomes World Series Champions relic.

All in all, I wasn't impressed with the hobby boxes. Jumbo's have been great though.
  • Options

<< <i>Was just in a six box break of the stuff. 5 hobby and 1 jumbo. Only thing that came out of the hobbies that was worth anything, was a Babe Ruth Rookie ring. The jumbo...was awesome. Ernie Banks auto, George Brett Ring, Jonny Gomes World Series Champions relic.

All in all, I wasn't impressed with the hobby boxes. Jumbo's have been great though. >>

On the World Series cards, isn't it true that it's just a "regular" jersey and not one from a WS game? If that's true, it's a shame as those are nice looking cards.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided to get a $10 Walmart hanger box to open at lunch Thursday. Unless you like modern releases, this will probably not be of interest. There are tons of inserts and parallel colors(I got red foil, blue,yellow and gold). The 89 Mini Die Cuts are interesting...seems like the base design was somewhat inspired by that one....

(images borrowed from Blowout forums and Cardboardconnection)

I know most people on this forum don't do new stuff, but for younger collectors and others that do, there are a LOT of different cards to collect in 2014 Topps!

• Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭
    This is nuts.

Base
    Red Foil
    Blue
    Green
    Yellow
    Gold #/2014
    Camo #/99
    Black #/63
    Pink #/50
    Clear #/10
    Platinum #/1
    4 Plates #/1

Why does pink have to be a premium parallel?
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    It is kind of ridiculous with all these parallels. Green - retail only, Blue - Walmart only. Makes for less base cards.
  • Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>This is nuts.

Base
    Red Foil
    Blue
    Green
    Yellow
    Gold #/2014
    Camo #/99
    Black #/63
    Pink #/50
    Clear #/10
    Platinum #/1
    4 Plates #/1

Why does pink have to be a premium parallel? >>

You actually forgot "Purple" which is Toys R Us exclusive and regular "Red"(not the red foil) which is the Target exclusive! imageimageimage
  • Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭
    I like the 89s better
  • Options
    Why is topps still doing auto's on stickers? I thought they were getting away from these! $%^@#!
    1966-69 Topps EX+
  • Options
    I will tell you that I've heard a rumor that Topps hired a new Redemption Manager who's cleaning house since there's been so many complaints about how long it's actually taking to get the customer their card/s. This is good news to say the least. I've heard they are trying to get it down to weeks instead of months/years. Hope it's true.
  • Options

<< <i>Why is topps still doing auto's on stickers? I thought they were getting away from these! $%^@#! >>

It probably has to do with the logistics. I coached a current major leaguer when he was in high school, and I just asked him last week about the Topps autograph process. He said they send him sheets full of hundreds of those little stickers with a date to send them back. Maybe they don't want to send the actual cards to these guys with the fear of what kind of condition they might come back in?
  • Options

It's the personal touch of the autograph factory. Here kid sign 5,000 of these and send them back in a week.

Then they can slap them on multiple sets and years.
  • Options
    Maybe saturating with all these parallel and subsets the base cards will finally be more rare than the specials
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭
    Is it just me or is Topps getting really out of hand with too many weird color (pink???) parallels? The xxxx/2014 golds make perfect sense. 1/1's sure. Perhaps a platinum one numbered to 50 or 100 if they must. But sheesh do they they really expect us to keep track of so many? Why not just do like Pokemon and have gold, silver, crystal, emerald, ruby, sapphire...oh wait they already did about 3-4 or those. image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options

My problem is I don't know what to do with them. I don't flip them for profit on EBay, or try to recoup my expenses.

I end up with a bunch of hodge podge cards that aren't really any part of a set. Or I have maybe 15 of the 200.

Not enough to spend a bunch of cash to complete.

Oh well, I think Topps is trying too hard to bake in the "Wow" factor in every pack. Hobby shifted from collectors to profiteers a while ago.
  • Options

But that is also why I try not to get sucked in to buying these any more and consider Heritage (with all its warts) my current year set.

So there is something for everyone. Back in the day (before the internet), the set came out and you collected it, no choice and not as much griping.

• Options
    I end up with a bunch of hodge podge cards that aren't really any part of a set. Or I have maybe 15 of the 200.

This! You summed it up perfectly!

• Options

<< <i>But that is also why I try not to get sucked in to buying these any more and consider Heritage (with all its warts) my current year set.

So there is something for everyone. Back in the day (before the internet), the set came out and you collected it, no choice and not as much griping. >>

I am really liking the Heritage Sets. The design, quality and box rips are fun all the way through.
  • Options

<< <i>This is nuts.

Base
    Red Foil
    Blue
    Green
    Yellow
    Gold #/2014
    Camo #/99
    Black #/63
    Pink #/50
    Clear #/10
    Platinum #/1
    4 Plates #/1

I've been watching the color variations. It's pretty ridiculous.
  • Options

<< <i>But that is also why I try not to get sucked in to buying these any more and consider Heritage (with all its warts) my current year set.

So there is something for everyone. Back in the day (before the internet), the set came out and you collected it, no choice and not as much griping. >>

I generally pick up a factory set at Target towards the end of the year. I agree with you though, the Heriage set, if you're going to bust boxes, is the way to go.
  • Options
    EstilEstil Posts: 6,922 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>This is nuts.

Base
    Red Foil
    Blue
    Green
    Yellow
    Gold #/2014
    Camo #/99
    Black #/63
    Pink #/50
    Clear #/10
    Platinum #/1
    4 Plates #/1

I've been watching the color variations. It's pretty ridiculous. >>

See what I mean, I count red, blue, yellow, gold, (I'll count platnium under silver), crystal (clear), emerald (green), ruby (red foil, counting that twice though), sapphire (blue)...that's the first three generations of Pokemon right there! I mean geez, what's next are they gonna start putting parallel insert only packages in Pokeballs and has us battle our parallel cards one on one? image
    WISHLIST
    Dimes: 54S, 53P, 50P, 49S, 45D+S, 44S, 43D, 41S, 40D+S, 39D+S, 38D+S, 37D+S, 36S, 35D+S, all 16-34's
    Quarters: 52S, 47S, 46S, 40S, 39S, 38S, 37D+S, 36D+S, 35D, 34D, 32D+S
    74 Topps: 37,38,46,47,48,138,151,193,210,214,223,241,256,264,268,277,289,316,435,552,570,577,592,602,610,654,655
    1997 Finest silver: 115, 135, 139, 145, 310
    1995 Ultra Gold Medallion Sets: Golden Prospects, HR Kings, On-Base Leaders, Power Plus, RBI Kings, Rising Stars
  • Options
    georgebailey2georgebailey2 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I end up with a bunch of hodge podge cards that aren't really any part of a set. Or I have maybe 15 of the 200.

This! You summed it up perfectly! >>

Exactly!

Does anyone even put together complete sets of these parallels? I assume these are for each card in the set, correct? Is there really enough demand from player or team collectors to justify the production of so many colors?

All I see is a veritable rainbow of worthless cards. It reminds my of this Syndrome quote from "The Incredibles":

"And when everyone's super, [evil Laugh] no-one will be."
  • Options
    I think there must be plenty of people who collect colored-border sets, because I have never failed to sell a single or a lot of 15-20. 100% success rate. I sell black, pink, etc., individually and put together lots of the more common colors. Even the blue border Wal Mart cards get snatched up.
  • Options

I found putting together the Platinum (#/1) set quite challenging. But I limited myself through opening packs only. (mostly Retail).

• Options

<< <i>I found putting together the Platinum (#/1) set quite challenging. But I limited myself through opening packs only. (mostly Retail).

image >>

5 million packs later, you still find your self 30 cards short!! image
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    I think I will take the plunge on a jumbo box. Hope some folks here are up for some trades. I want to do this with my six year old. He loves cards. I usually just do heritage. But the base set has appeal to him.

Hope we can work out some trades.
  • Options
    digicatdigicat Posts: 8,551 ✭✭

<< <i>See what I mean, I count red, blue, yellow, gold, (I'll count platnium under silver), crystal (clear), emerald (green), ruby (red foil, counting that twice though), sapphire (blue)...that's the first three generations of Pokemon right there! I mean geez, what's next are they gonna start putting parallel insert only packages in Pokeballs and has us battle our parallel cards one on one? image >>

The motto of the OCD collectors: gotta catch 'em all!
    My Giants collection want list

WTB: 2001 Leaf Rookies & Stars Longevity: Ryan Jensen #/25
  • Options
    estangestang Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭
    99 cents should be the price point for 10 to 12 cards....not $1.99

Look @ Panini stickers -- much more bang for the buck...

Topps still doesn't "get it"
    Enjoy your collection!
    Erik
  • Options

<< <i>99 cents should be the price point for 10 to 12 cards....not $1.99

Look @ Panini stickers -- much more bang for the buck...

Topps still doesn't "get it" >>

Is Topps struggling to move product?
  • Options
    parkerjparkerj Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    First time i've bought a box of regular topps in over 25 years! Usually i am strictly heritage but with my son liking cards (he's 6) i decided to go for a box at $95 from local shop.

How'd i do?

auto: Jake Marisknick TA-JM
    relic: joey votto trajectory TR-JVO
    ring relic: silver jackie robinson CR-18
    black border: cabrera checklist #149 #62 /63
    buybacks(2): 58 bob buhl, 77 ramon hernandez, both in ex
    before they were great(3): gwynn, griffey, maddux
    50 yrs of draft(3): bench, hamilton, mauer
    power players (unredeemed): elvis andrus
    89 minis(5): lee smith, gehrig, kershaw, votto, clemente
    gold(5): 304 lagares, 207 villar (x2), 205 seth smith, 162 pinto
    red sparkles(10): 3, 87, 95, 108, 226, 238, 260, 273, 283, 322
    future is now (10): cespedes, myers(2), harper, wheeler(2), segura, jose fernandez, profar(2)
    all rookie cup team: sabathia, seaver
    upper class( 10): griffey, trout, ernie banks, bruce, randy johnson, freese, cano, tulowitzki, stanton, fielder

haven't sorted base cards to see if any sp's.

most if not all of the above are available for trade or sell. I am focusing on the base set and not the parallels at all.
  • Options
    tkd7tkd7 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭
    I like the rainbow. Pick a player and have some fun putting it together.