Home Precious Metals
Options

What is the current Buy/Sell prices of 90% silver?

What is the current Buy/Sell price of 90% silver and of avg circ pre 1921 Morgans?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    coininfo with live feed (updates)

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    how about our hosts coinflation
  • Options

<< <i>how about our hosts coinflation >>

He is looking for current buy/sell prices. Coinflation only shows melt value.

• Options
    dbcoindbcoin Posts: 2,200 ✭✭
    isn't that based off melt? showing a spread from some dubious site is a little risky, no? why not just go to Amark's site or Apmex then if you want spreads? Those sites are a little more well known
  • Options

<< <i>isn't that based off melt? showing a spread from some dubious site is a little risky, no? why not just go to Amark's site or Apmex then if you want spreads? Those sites are a little more well known >>

yes, based off of melt, but includes premiums dealers are currently paying. Like the melt value, premiums are also flexible. I like the linked site because it is real time and it is reputable. Apmex is a good site to see current retail asking prices while ebay completed sales is a good site to see current actual retail prices that are being paid by buyers. Keep in mind that ask and actual sale price are not always the same.

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when I was working in a coin shop, the Law of Supply and Demand said that at times we were buying 90% silver well back of melt and selling it at melt or a little less, or melting it, and at other times buying it at melt, or a little over, and selling it at retail for well over melt and being able to move all that we could get.

I have no idea what the current spreads are, as I am retired. I just wanted to point out that the melt value of junk silver is merely a base point, at which buys and sells are calculated above or below.

TD
    Go Broncos!
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    15.5-16.5 x face value
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,564 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I like using Scotsman's coins buy/sell sheet, "local" shop for me:

Scotsman's buy/sell >>

Very handy.
    Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

Scotsman's buy/sell >>

Very handy. >>

agree, that's a great page with fair spreads that well represent the average current market for this stuff. As has been said, local supply/demand variables can affect trading prices, but that's a great link that takes a lot of the work out of figuring PM values image

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    What is the current Buy/Sell prices of 90% silver?

The buy is too much. Premiums are out of whack at the moment, at least around here they are.
    Currently with Spot sitting roughly at $20.00, asking $16.50 for Halves is too much and $15.75 for Quarters & Dimes is too much.
    Asking $25 for any grade below AU Peace Dollars and $33 for AU pre '21 Morgans is too much.
    All jmho
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,858 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Currently will be historic by the time the day is out.
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    Currently will be historic by the time the day is out

You're right, premiums move more quickly that Spot does it seems.

I wanted to add to my previous post that sellers can ask whatever they want for what they are offering. Being that this is a thread specifically for talking about what current buy/sell prices are, I thought it was ok to offer my thoughts on what I felt those prices are. Sorry if I offended anyone because of what they are asking for their product, they can ask whatever they want to.

To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right now I buy at 13x and sell at 14.5x
  • Options
    ArizonaJackArizonaJack Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭
    Do you have $1000 face ? Dead serious.
    " YOU SUCK " Awarded 5/18/08
  • Options
    roadrunnerroadrunner Posts: 28,303 ✭✭✭✭✭

Scotsman's buy/sell >>

That's very handy.

Just yesterday a friend of mine from the Long Beach area said he wanted to sell his 150-250 troy ounces of 90% US silver. He'd rather just ship back to the dealer (in Connecticut) that he bought it from (one that I recommended and guaranteed) as he has a low tolerance level for trusting coin shops. But, I figured I'd call the closest shop to him just to see if I could get a deal done and save him the expense and time of shipping it across the country. The closest dealer to him happened to be a good sized operation that is national and also PNG/PCGS/NGC/CAC and been around for over 40 years. I was flabbergasted when they quoted me 10X face over the phone. I explained to them that for an hour's worth of time and less than $25 at the USPS, the package could be shipped back to Connecticut (and plenty of other places) for 14X face or more. They stuck to their guns and said they needed a half bag minimum to pay 14X face as they "only" sell for 16X face. Is it just me but a local shop would turn down making 14% (approx $500) from a local person for 30 min of work? Are these guys that profitable that 14% is just not worth it? All those 10X face small deals they buy over the counter eventually add up to a half bag.

If anyone happens to be in the Long Beach area the next week or so (Long Beach Expo is going on as well) and would like to help me "dispose" of such a paltry amount please PM me. I'd recommend that my friend hit the Long Beach bourse next week but something tells me he won't like the idea....even if it's the most logical thing to do. At least now we know it could be shipped to Scotsman's as well.
    Barbarous Relic No More, LSCC -GoldSeek--shadow stats--SafeHaven--321gold
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭
    10x face seems like a lowball offer..........
    Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.