Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

To all those who hit 10 years this January and Now - 20,000 Posts

For many, this our 10 year anniversary here. Of course some more. I just realized this last weekend.

I’d never dream of counting the number of hours spent here. On the positive side? It’s kept me out of bars. image

I can assure you’ll learn something every day. And, I’m sure we’ve all made some really nice friendships along the way.

We’ve seen many people come and go. There’s been moments of joy as well as sorrow. We’ve witnessed some genuine train wrecks while, also, having the privilege of viewing people at their best. And most importantly, regardless of past experiences piquing incredulity, we’ve found that board members are very compassionate and generous with their time and resources.

I remember watching an episode of “All in the Family” where Archie learned an important lesson from a mentally challenged store worker: “Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him.”

I guess I’m alluding to the fact that everyone is equal here. The size of collections, the number of posts, the number of years here neither provides access nor privilege. We all have to earn respect.

So, on my 10th anniversary, I’d like to just say thanx. image

Stone193

Mike

Comments

• Options
    You're a classy man Mike, and we are all lucky to have you on here.

Yf
    Joe. image
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭

<< <i>You're a classy man Mike, and we are all lucky to have you on here.

Yf
    Joe. image >>

+1

yf
    Geordie image
  • Options
    DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭

<< <i>

Yf
    Joe. image >>

+1

yf
    Geordie image >>

+1
    yf
    Doug image
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • Options
    IronmanfanIronmanfan Posts: 5,429 ✭✭✭✭
    My 10 year Anniv was last month...

Congrats & thanks for all your positive input!

IMF
    Successful dealings with Wcsportscards94558, EagleEyeKid, SamsGirl214, Volver, DwayneDrain, Oaksey25, Griffins, Cardfan07, Etc.
  • Options
    Happy 10th to the newest decade members!
  • Options
    cpamikecpamike Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yf
    Joe. image >>

+1

yf
    Geordie image >>

+1
    yf
    Doug image >>

+3
    yf
    Mike image
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep.
    But I have promises to keep,
    And miles to go before I sleep,
    And miles to go before I sleep."

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."

Collecting:
    Any unopened Baseball cello and rack packs and boxes from the 1970's and early 1980s.
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    Here's to the inventor of probably the longest running thread on here: Mail Call!! Enjoy your posts everytime!! image
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    Congrats to Mike and all the ten year anniversary guys!

aconte
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Happy 10th anny, well put image.
  • Options
    bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭
  • Options
    Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,535 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Options
    stownstown Posts: 11,321 ✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>

<< <i>

Yf
    Joe. image >>

+1

yf
    Geordie image >>

+1
    yf
    Doug image >>

+3
    yf
    Mike image >>

+4
    yf
    Barry image
    So basically my kid won't be able to go to college, but at least I'll have a set where the three most expensive cards are of a player I despise ~ CDsNuts
  • Options
    FavreFan1971FavreFan1971 Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭
    Happy A day!!!
  • Options
    shagrotn77shagrotn77 Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭✭
    Didn't even realize I hit 10 years in December. I joined the boards basically with the sole purpose of finding a PSA 9 '79 OPC Gretzky rookie, and the members here were very instrumental in helping me land one rather quickly.
    "My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. Our childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When we were insolent we were placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds - pretty standard really."
  • Options
    CON40CON40 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭
    Ni e sentiments Mike, this board and any others that enjoy your company are better for your membership!

Happy 10 years! Here's to the next 10!

• Options
    bishopbishop Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭
    Howdy neighbor
    Topps Baseball-1948, 1951 to 2017
    Bowman Baseball -1948-1955
    Fleer Baseball-1923, 1959-2007

Al
  • Options
    Always enjoy reading your posts Mike. It's eveident that this board as made a huge impact on you, but you also on this board. My 10 year anniversary passed a few years ago, and like you, the friendships I've made through the years here have been nothing but positive. I don't post as often, but read the threads everyday.
    Congrats and looking forward to seeing your posts for another 10 years.
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    WondoWondo Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Welcome to the club. image
    Wondo

• Options
    Well put indeed. I gotta admit, I enjoy these boards more than I don't - but the gap between the two is beginning to narrow. It's nice and refreshing to see such an eloquent - well put post. It just might help to begin to widen that gap a little bit!!

Mike
  • Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    CsmontieCsmontie Posts: 184 ✭✭
    I recently just joined last November and during my short time here I've learned alot .... So thanks to all of you and I'm looking forward to my next 9yrs and 10months where I then can post about my 10yr anniversary
    Working on 1961 1972 1973 topps sets
  • Options
    flatfoot816flatfoot816 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭
    Holy Anniversary Batman--and others

by chance I looked to see when I joined--January 2004

Mike we should have gotten a package deal!!!image
  • Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    Man, it doesn't seem like ten years. I felt like I was late to the party when I joined.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !
  • Options
    ICE9ICE9 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭
    Wow, that went fast! I didn't realize that I was 10er until I opened this thread. Happy anniversary!!!
    "Must these Englishmen Live That I Might Die? Must They Live That I Might Die?" - The Blue Oyster Cult
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanx for the kind words everyone.

I have to add that there's people I miss here like Lawnmowerman, Storm888, Highend, BKAH, Kuhlmann, Pandrews, Lothar52, JoeStalin, Vargha, Scumbi, Mudflap - Beachbum - just to name some that I can remember.
    Mike
  • Options
    aconteaconte Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭
    I also miss thegemmintman, gator05, goose, downgoesfrazier, and zardoz51 to name a few more.

aconte
  • Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,646 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the club!

I've been here for over 11+ years, and still going strong...

Later, Paul.

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    robert67robert67 Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations to all the 10+ guys. Ive been here for almost 9 counting my old id(goodsport40).

I miss a few other guys too like Zep and bigkidatheart.

A big shout out to Mike for making me and many others feel welcome and valued over the years.

• Options
    mccardguy1mccardguy1 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭
    I just looked and realized I will have been here 10 years in June. That is a long time to be hanging out with you guys on these boards. Literally, my whole decade of my 40's consisted of the CU boards in my life in some way, shape or form.

Congrats on the 10 years Mike and even though the boards have changed and many posters have come and gone you are one of the consistent one's I know I look up to!
    I am on a budget and I am not afraid to use it!!
  • Options
    I read more than I post, and a lot of the guys in this thread are the reason I read.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭
    As I enter my 10th year on these boards, I want to say thank you to class acts like Mike, who have made my stay here most enjoyable. Hope to still be here 10 years from now.
    Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options
    royalbrettroyalbrett Posts: 620 ✭✭✭
    Bunch of newbies!
    Yeah, I uploaded that KC icon in 2001
  • Options
  • Options
    StingrayStingray Posts: 8,843 ✭✭✭
    What is the earliest one could have joined??
  • Options
    WinPitcherWinPitcher Posts: 27,726 ✭✭✭
    Hi Kirk, I think they had a forum in 2000 but not in this format. My guess would be
    very early 2001.

Happy Anniversary to all you January 2004 guys!

Good for you.
  • Options

<< <i>Hi Kirk, I think they had a forum in 2000 but not in this format. My guess would be
    very early 2001.

Happy Anniversary to all you January 2004 guys! >>

Hiya Steve

You and I have been here together thru everything - it's been a pleasure. image

edit: Again, thanx to everyone!
    Mike
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,491 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im approaching 10 years myself and I can certainly say its always been fun logging on here, even still after being out of the card game for several years now.

Needless to say I have had many laughs and positive chats with so many different people here over the years, I still remember some of the lunatics, scammers and your basic complete A-holes as well however their stay has always been limited due to the community here that keeps this place solid.

I have done thousands of dollars worth of bussiness here and every single transaction has been smooth and effortless, one time a non poster/non member contacted me from Arizona ( Im near Boston ) and wanted to buy over a thousand dollars worth of cards I had up on the BST and told me he would send me the cash up front just because he knew I was a long time poster and on a name to name basis with alot of the guys here so he knew he could trust me, it was then I realized how great a place this was.

I miss Lawnmowerman, BigDaddyBowman,TNTonPMS, Rube to name a few.

• Options
    I miss the pictures from your postsimage
    Baseball is my Pastime, Football is my Passion
  • Options
    This thread is worthy of a bump to the front page - for those who may have been off the boards for a couple days.
  • Options

This is my 20,000th Post coupled with my 10th anniversary here at CU.

It will always be a privilege to talk with everyone here and I hope to meet you all at a National down the road!

I've sure learned a lot!

Thanx to everyone.
    Mike
  • Options
    ldfergldferg Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭
    Mike,
    You are the board wisdom! Thank you for your contributions. ....and 79 rack packs. image

Thanks,

David (LD_Ferg)

1985 Topps Football (starting in psa 8) - #9 - started 05/21/06
  • Options
    TNP777TNP777 Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭
    You're a good egg, Mike. It's been a pleasure spending part of the last 10 years with you.

yf

Geordie
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    From one member of the 20K club to another~congrats, Mike!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options
    esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mike. You're a good man.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • Options
    bigdcardsbigdcards Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Mike! You're a class act and asset to the hobby.
    To bigdcards: "you are right" - cpamike "That is correct" -grote15
  • Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the milestone image
  • Options
    EchoCanyonEchoCanyon Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭
    Cheers
  • Options
    baseballfanbaseballfan Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭
    nice job

congrats
    Fred

collecting RAW Topps baseball cards 1952 Highs to 1972. looking for collector grade (somewhere between psa 4-7 condition). let me know what you have, I'll take it, I want to finish sets, I must have something you can use for trade.

looking for Topps 71-72 hi's-62-53-54-55-59, I have these sets started

• Options
    gregmo32gregmo32 Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭
    First Ballot Hall of Famer.
    I am buying and trading for RC's of Wilt Chamberlain, George Mikan, Bill Russell, Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, and Bob Cousy!
    Don't waste your time and fees listing on ebay before getting in touch me by PM or at gregmo32@aol.com !