Home Precious Metals
Options

Anyone use OLA to buy/sell bullion/coins?

If you have, how do you like the site?

OLA
To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.

Comments

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Virus protection McAfee indicates ... "Warning: Dangerous Site" when clicking on your posted link. BTW never heard of OLA
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I dont know why it would do that OPA, i clecked on the link and it goes right to it. OLA is short for onlineauction.com, type that into your browser I guess. I have a pretty strong anti-virus protection so I'm surprised it allows me if it's blocking it on yours.
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My super dooper Webroot protection says it's OK

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    For the record and clarification before this gets derailed, I'm not asking if your anti virus allows you to view the site, I'm asking if anyone uses the site and how they like it.
  • Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For the record and clarification before this gets derailed, I'm not asking if your anti virus allows you to view the site, I'm asking if anyone uses the site and how they like it. >>

I'm still getting this warning....

Warning: Dangerous Site
    Whoa!
    Are you sure you want to go there?

http://www.onlineauction.com/index.php?page=search... may be risky to visit.

Why were you redirected to this page?

When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    carew4mecarew4me Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭

<< <i>For the record and clarification before this gets derailed, I'm not asking if your anti virus allows you to view the site, I'm asking if anyone uses the site and how they like it. >>

wise man says, "if one receives anti virus warning, one probably does not use site."

Loves me some shiny!
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

looking at the bullion category the prices are crazy high. $210 for 5 ASE's? $90 for a 1 gram IGR bar on a card?image Those are museum prices
  • Options
    WingsruleWingsrule Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭✭
    Never heard of it until now. No AV warnings. Perused about 20 auctions and everything I would be remotely interested in is extremely overpriced. I would also wonder why someone who has 2,500+ oz of AGEs for sale would use such a little-known site. You figure ebay, with its millions of users, would be a much better venue.

Chances are good I won’t visit again anytime soon.
  • Options
    So, no one has actually bought or sold anything on the site?
  • Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭
    don't like it

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,536 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First I have heard of them....

bob
    Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    For $8/month, you could sell on there fee free, be able to bid too, and if you listed items at realistic prices, I'd bet you'd do ok being that the majority of sellers list at unrealistic prices. Just something to consider as an alternative to eBay. This is something people have been asking for, an alternative to eBay, there it is.