Home Precious Metals

What do you guys think about the following stocks?

Here is my portfolio:

30 shares of rite aid-purchased at 5.05/share
6 shares of rollins inc.-purchased at about 29.80/share
10 shares of general electrice-purchased at 27.14/share
4 shares of costco-purchased at 125/share
8 shares of williams sonoma-purchased at 56/share
4 shares of viacom media holdings-purchased at 87/share
5 shares of whole foods market-purchased at 60/share
5 shares of citigroup-purchased at 54/share
1 share of the S&P(10 spy etf shares) purchased about a year ago.

On the viacom, whole foods, and citigroup trades I hit "market order" instead of limit order...and I was charged about 1-2 dollars extra per share above what they were trading when I bought them! After that, I have always done limit orders. What do you guys think about my portfolio. I have taken a little hit on costco and whole foods. I watch CNBC and I based some of my purchases off Cramer's picks. That hasn't done me well...My first run in stocks was a disaster. I was 20 and I thought I could get rich day trading and buying penny stocks. Luckily, I only put in a little bit, so I only lost around 400 dollars in it. I am determined not to sell my shares for losses. So I am planning on waiting however long it takes for all of my shares to be up over where I bough them so I can sell them for a profit, even after commission.

Has anyone noticed how often fidelity's "company ratings" change, and by how much? It is ridiculous, and for the life of me, I don't know why they put stock ratings up if they just change them every week.

Comments

• CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭
    I think we need to get back to precious metals and away from stock reports and SPAM.
    The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • chumleychumley Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭✭
    to make this bullion related,I started using my bullion money to buy verizon stock...decent return and easy to convert when I wish to make a bullion purchase...usually buy 10 shares at a time
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have our little game here that has seen a lot of action this year. I can see how this thread and the other one were felt acceptable for discussion. We talk miners and etf trades here all the time, so don't chastise the rollhunter too much for these threads.

On that note, kitco actually has a stock market forum that sees more action on the subject that what would be 'allowed' here. Might be worth checking out crh.

https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45

*stupid thing won't let me fix this link, below is working/correct.
  • OPAOPA Posts: 17,118 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>We have our little game here that has seen a lot of action this year. I can see how this thread and the other one were felt acceptable for discussion. We talk miners and etf trades here all the time, so don't chastise the rollhunter too much for these threads.

On that note, kitco actually has a stock market forum that sees more action on the subject that what would be 'allowed' here. Might be worth checking out crh.

https://www.kitcomm.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45 >>

Your link ... she not woikin fixed link
    "Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."

• << <i>I think we need to get back to precious metals and away from stock reports and SPAM. >>

Oh come on, people post pictures of guns they buy here, and talk politics and asset/stock investments in other threads. That is a bad criticism of my post. I didn't get political or talk about religion. This is a forum where people discuss predictions for future values of assets and talk about how to make money in stocks/precious metals. I don't think my post was inappropriate at all.