Home Precious Metals

Local Shop

bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
I had some time to kill before meeting a friend for lunch, so stopped at a local coin store. I mainly wanted to see if they had any rounds I needed for my albums, which they didn't. 2013 ASE's were going for $24.50 and 2013 AGE's were $1300. It was fairly busy there with people mainly buying. I forgot all about asking their buy prices. image They did have a 1987 proof 1oz silver Libertad that I liked but at $50 wasn't so sure I wanted it.
Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times

Comments

• piecesofmepiecesofme Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭
    I visited one of my locals yesterday and he said it was a very surprisingly busy week for him and as quick as he bought stuff he sold it, sometimes from one customer to literally the next.
    He had "circulated" ASE's for $24 and they were flying out the door. 1 guy bought 6 rolls of them while I was there. He did not have a single BU ASE in the store.
    To forgive is to free a prisoner, and to discover that prisoner was you.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish there were a local coin shop here.... closest one is about ten miles away and I have no idea how he stays in business......Cheers, RickO
  • CyStaterCyStater Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I visited one of my locals yesterday and he said it was a very surprisingly busy week for him and as quick as he bought stuff he sold it, sometimes from one customer to literally the next.
    He had "circulated" ASE's for $24 and they were flying out the door. 1 guy bought 6 rolls of them while I was there. He did not have a single BU ASE in the store. >>

I'm puzzled how one ASE gets "circulated" let alone 120 of them. Wonder where he found such a large number of them.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

<< <i>I visited one of my locals yesterday and he said it was a very surprisingly busy week for him and as quick as he bought stuff he sold it, sometimes from one customer to literally the next.
    He had "circulated" ASE's for $24 and they were flying out the door. 1 guy bought 6 rolls of them while I was there. He did not have a single BU ASE in the store. >>

I'm puzzled how one ASE gets "circulated" let alone 120 of them. Wonder where he found such a large number of them. >>

Maybe someone stored them bulk in a bag or handled them a lot. Or maybe that was his name for what was left after he cherrypicked rolls. I guess the OP could ask and report back here.
    theknowitalltroll;
    I am not the OP, but it sounded like the question was directed at me, I apologize if otherwise.

If he'll let me, I'll take a picture of where he piles them up in one of his counters. They come in from the public, a few here and there and he just throws them in the pile. If they don't come into him in a roll, they go in the pile. That's his philosophy, not mine.
  • BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 31,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I am not the OP, but it sounded like the question was directed at me, I apologize if otherwise.

If he'll let me, I'll take a picture of where he piles them up in one of his counters. They come in from the public, a few here and there and he just throws them in the pile. If they don't come into him in a roll, they go in the pile. That's his philosophy, not mine. >>

I think this explains it. If ok with him, you might ask to look at a few just to see how circulated they look.
    theknowitalltroll;
  • bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭
    Oh. One last funny thing I forgot to say. This older lady brought some coins in to sell. She thought they were gold. Yep, you guessed it. The presidential dollar coins. She wasn't bummed about it. She thought they were only a dollar but wasn't quite sure.
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
    Sorry for the 3 posts...internet hiccup. :-/
    I think this explains it. If ok with him, you might ask to look at a few just to see how circulated they look.

I was hoping to run by there today, but I'm waking up to a total of 14" of drifted snow and it's currently -14 right now with blustery winds here just outside of Chicago. My fat arse isn't going anywhere today. I'll be lucky to heat the car up enough to get out of my drive way. Holy frozen snot balls is it cold outside!
  • johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 28,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    i wish there was a local shop here so there was not much travel time involved.. theres not image