Home Metal Detecting
Options

Winter

rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
Got about ten inches of snow (a lot more where it drifts) and it is 1 (one) degree outside....I would say there will be no MD'ing for a while.... Cheers, RickO

Comments

• Options
    WhiteTornadoWhiteTornado Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭
    Not as severe here, but bad enough. About 6 inches of snow and wind chills around 5. Time to do the indoor research, LOL!
  • Options
    guitarwesguitarwes Posts: 9,240 ✭✭✭
    You better keep all those marbles and gold warm up there Ricko.

It dipped down to 28 here in Southeast Ga this morning, coldest it's been since last Jan/Feb. The tops of the mud puddles finally had ice on them. I love the cold weather in Ga. Y'all can have all that snow and stuff.
    @ Elite CNC Routing & Woodworks on Facebook. Check out my work.
    Too many positive BST transactions with too many members to list.
  • Options
    mariner67mariner67 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭
    I am very sensitive to cold weather in my old age.....81F today here in south Maui.
    I do not miss shoveling snow, dealing with ice and stoaking up the coal furnace like I did in my early youth.
    Happy New Year all.
    Successful trades/buys/sells with gdavis70, adriana, wondercoin, Weiss, nibanny, IrishMike, commoncents05, pf70collector, kyleknap, barefootjuan, coindeuce, WhiteTornado, Nefprollc, ajw, JamesM, PCcoins, slinc, coindudeonebay,beernuts, and many more
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
  • Options
    JBdimesJBdimes Posts: 91 ✭✭
    Living in the Northeast, during the winter I take the time to look for and routinely find coins and sometimes jewelry on the ground in parking lots. Visual Detecting is actually something to do all year, usually pennies but sometimes find clad as well. My son recently found a gold bracelet worth $ 600 melt value.

In the spring the snow piles made by the plows melt, creating a great location for metal detecting.

John
  • Options
    John (JBdimes)... I totally agree with you about the parking lots and plowed snow piles.... have checked them often and found coins....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Walk the High School parking lot if there is one close to you. This generation doesn't like to pick up coins and you'll find bill that have blown up against the fence. I'd like to walk the parking lots of an NFL team or Baseball team too.
  • Options
    Excellent points PPC....the fence or hedgerow can contain bills....found a $20 blown into the bushes at a soccer field... Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    Amazing.... four degrees yesterday and 52 degrees this morning... supposed to be 6 degrees tomorrow....Cheers, RickO