Home U.S. Coin Forum

Recent Purchases with New Photo setup.... Opinions welcome

OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
Have not posted in a while, thought this might be an opportunity to become a regular again. I finally went out and bought a copy stand to improve the quality of my coin pictures. What do you think of the new photo? The coins are also a recent pick ups.

Brian

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back.
    I think it's an outstanding pic. Nice presentation too.
    Looking forward to more.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• great pic if you get the lights at 10 and 2 and at an angle you will show more luster on the fields. (bigger cartwheels)
  • FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    They look great to me.
  • morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭
    Yea they sure look great to me.
  • keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,452 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well done and welcome back! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • hey you added more and they look great.
  • WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>great pic if you get the lights at 10 and 2 and at an angle you will show more luster on the fields. (bigger cartwheels) >>

I seem to prefer lighting to shine on the FACE of any coin. Yours seem to be doing this. I like to light a Lincoln cent from 2 oclock and have the front of Lincolns face as a focal point. The same lighting puts a shadow on an indian cents face and makes it too dark. Doing some of both is good but I emphasize the face when I can. Great work!
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome back...and those pictures are fantastic..... Cheers, RickO
  • OneyOney Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback everyone. I think I have the settings now for bright MS Morgan dollars.
    Brian
  • lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice work!

To be picky...I would brighten them up a little. They look underexposed. Focus could be a little crisper. And there's a little too much blue to them, especially the '79. Maybe a white balance temperature tweak.
    Lance.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file