Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

CRO Year in Review

Comments

• Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭

“A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options
    coinnutcoinnut Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    etexmikeetexmike Posts: 6,795 ✭✭✭
    For all of the good things that happened to CRO over the course of 2013--I'm glad the elevator event had a happy ending for all concerned. image

Really enjoyed the read.

Mike
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool write up for sure image
  • Options
    shylockshylock Posts: 4,288 ✭✭✭
    I've never bought a single coin from them but visit their site religiously.
    Wonderful coins/images and coin descriptions. And the most interesting commentary articles
    that combine great insight with a very good sense of humor and a touch of humility.

• Options
    SonorandesertratSonorandesertrat Posts: 5,695 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I always enjoy CRO (John Agre's) write-ups about observations relating to the business end of the hobby. CRO is an excellent firm to do business with too.
    Member: EAC, NBS, C4, CWTS, ANA

RMR: 'Wer, wenn ich schriee, hörte mich denn aus der Engel Ordnungen?'

CJ: 'No one!' [Ain't no angels in the coin biz]
  • Options
    MidLifeCrisisMidLifeCrisis Posts: 10,519 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>I always enjoy CRO (John Agre's) write-ups about observations relating to the business end of the hobby. CRO is an excellent firm to do business with too. >>

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,732 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great read. It's good to hear that John had a great year. Good guys deserve to do well.
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice report. Best of all, I am now finally able to get over not being invited to join John for dinner at the Oceana Grill.
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>Nice report. Best of all, I am now finally able to get over not being invited to join John for dinner at the Oceana Grill. >>

i have not been invited to dine with a dealer since the 2009 LA ANAimage
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    TahoeDaleTahoeDale Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭
    Andy,

Saw your post re getting over NOT being invited to dinner--I am going and you can come as my guest.

If you cannot make it Tuesday night at FUN, you will be on the list for next year. It is a good group.

dale
    TahoeDale
  • Options
    MrEurekaMrEureka Posts: 23,943 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you cannot make it Tuesday night at FUN, you will be on the list for next year. It is a good group.

Dale - I can't make it, but thanks! Now, you can tell me the truth. Did you only invite me to make BidAsk jealous? image
    Andy Lustig

Doggedly collecting coins of the Central American Republic.

Visit the Society of US Pattern Collectors at USPatterns.com.
  • Options
    LakesammmanLakesammman Posts: 17,292 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice report - good people that deserve to have a good year! image
    "My friends who see my collection sometimes ask what something costs. I tell them and they are in awe at my stupidity." (Baccaruda, 12/03).I find it hard to believe that he (Trump) rushed to some hotel to meet girls of loose morals, although ours are undoubtedly the best in the world. (Putin 1/17) Gone but not forgotten. IGWT, Speedy, Bear, BigE, HokieFore, John Burns, Russ, TahoeDale, Dahlonega, Astrorat, Stewart Blay, Oldhoopster, Broadstruck, Ricko.
  • Options
    OriginalDanOriginalDan Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No surprise they had a good year. Classy people who know how to runs business the right way.
  • Options
    bidaskbidask Posts: 13,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>If you cannot make it Tuesday night at FUN, you will be on the list for next year. It is a good group.

Dale - I can't make it, but thanks! Now, you can tell me the truth. Did you only invite me to make BidAsk jealous? image >>

You know all the great restaurants1
    I manage money. I earn money. I save money .
    I give away money. I collect money.
    I don’t love money . I do love the Lord God.

• Options
    WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy seems to be the James Brown of the coin business. And seems like he's having the most fun too!

Even took the time to answer a colonial question email or two at the peak of the last Baltimore show. Thanks Man!

• Options
    coindeucecoindeuce Posts: 13,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Props to the chowd for helping me add the centerpiece of my CC type set in 2013. image

"Everything is on its way to somewhere. Everything." - George Malley, Phenomenon
    http://www.americanlegacycoins.com

• Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,455 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic read. Well done and happy new year! image
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file