Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Time to Test Stacks Again - Safari on Mobile works (or does it? You tell me) - past auction archives

MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'll let you tell me what needs to be fixed.

I'm turning up archive searches back to 2004 for TT auctions, 2008 for stacks, and some bowers and merina in between.

are they pulling everything in those archive searches now?

I note that Safari on mobile is up.

Unfortunately, it appears they asre still working on the filter issues... but otherwise.... any more bugs to report?

how is bidding?

invoices?

=============================================================

Version 31.0.1650.63 m

Google Chrome is up to date.
(not testing on mobile right now)
(nothing for me to test bidding last week nor this week)

Priority:

*Password Reset does not send an email

*Desperately Need Search on current auctions

*once the first iAuction closed, all lots were inaccessible and couldn't be found even with search past auctions. Further, previously working links to specific lots (link) returned an error ("The lot could not be found") instead of closed lot info.

*Hate to compare to Heritage, but their robust filtering options are great, although they need "details" grades or perhaps "exclude details grades"
========consider adding a varities filter section, too.

Preference stuff:

*iAuction 3461 - I'd prefer that US Coins & related mean & related to include Numismatic Americana perhaps in the denominations
OR
less preferentially, make the Categories into check boxes instead of radio buttons

*selecting the filters automatically updates. I'd rather check and uncheck then hit a submit button

*reserve filters - to promote true auctions I'd like to see separate check boxes for No Reserve, $1 starting bid & No Reserve, opening bids over $1

*on individual lots, there is "lot selection" at the bottom... highlight the current lot, consider adding a scrolling method through the lots "short descriptions" shown.

*I really consider this an oversight bug, not simply a preference, the current bid and "Your Bid" on an individual lot are shown, but without BP. It should show BP just as the next bids list is shown with BP.

*pictures need to be professionally lit. (I'm far from a photographer)

*I'd still give mobile users the option to go to the desktop version.

*at the top of all the listing in grid view, there are page numbers with prev next last first, etc. --- Can you cram somewhere a "go to lot #" text box and button?

Bugs & other -

*I notice in the last iAuction and the current, that the number of Denominations, a good example is large cents or gsa dollars, that the number on the left and the number returned are different. current large cents shows 11 vs 6 returned, GSA dollars 72 vs 15 returned.

*also the width of the space for "Denominations" isn't wide enough for all the text plus number of lots (entries).

*****use of the "Back To Listing" button or the browsers back button takes the user back to the listings page without
=======without any of the denominations previously selected, still selected (demonination choices cleared)
=======in "Auction Titles" I had both the 2014-NYINC auction AND the iAuction selected, but when
=-=-=-=-=-=-=the "back to listing" button is selected, only the iAuction choice remains
=-=-=-=-=-=-=the browser's back button is used, both current auction titles remain selected.

*****changing from "Grid view" to "Gallery view" removes all filters except
=======the auction titles filters incorrectly change -- one can have both 2014-nyinc AND iauction 3461 selected, but switching between the two methods will always put the user in iauction 3461. Interestingly and incorrectly enough, if one were viewing lots in 2014-nyinc then it does not matter, it will still switch the user to iauction 3461 only.

*item iAuction 20148 was withdrawn? There is no title to select the lot and the bid is $0. If it is withdrawn it should say withdrawn. title length of zero should not be allowed in the database.

*item iAuction 20009 -
=======the issue here is the title length versus {1) the space provided is too small AND 2) the impaired functionality of the arrow buttons for next and previous lot}
=-=-=-=-=-=-=because of the screen width and the arrow buttons all I see is "1857 Braided Hair Cent. N-1. Rarity-1. Noyes Die State B/C. Large Date. Misplaced Date. MS-65 (PCGS)." with "CAC. Secure Holder." either hidden or cut off
=-=-=-=-=-=-=For the font chosen, "W" is the widest letter, I would test with a title of maximum length using all "W's" as the text.
=-=-=-=-=-=-=because of the placement of the arrow buttons and the text... try getting the arrow buttons to work. It is a near impossible task as the browser and cursor want to "select text" instead of "select buttons". To get them to work, try going down to the lowest point at the bottom of the arrow, only then do you get to select the arrow button.

*as I'm sure you've noticed, same lot on iAuction 20009, the Secure Holder 65 does not fit in the "Grade Box" -- perhaps just as done with CAC, the SP Shield could be displayed as an image

*while we are here... coin specifications ... composition "UNK" ? (iA 20009) & others

*while we are here... pricing guide and population guide....
=======I've seen items where both the pricing guide and the population guide have seemingly double entries. ex: 65/65/66/66 I imagine the Star/+ sare missing. (example iAuction 20022)

*while we are at iAuction 20022, note the grade says "PCGS 65" while the title and holder say "65+"

*why does iAuction 20022 have a longer coin specifiation list than iAuction 20009, or iAuction 20615 or {iAuction 20316 vs. iauction 20315} ?

*for some lots with "details grading" - consider using the details grade denoted in addition to, or instead of, the body bag code - example iAuction 20424. instead of 91 --- PCGS - Details - Unc. 91

ooops?

Five-Piece 1901 Year Set of Silver and Minor Coinage. (PCGS).
(link)
I see one piece

humorous error??
(link)
S-288; VA-2025-1; BMC-1827-31. Classic type. >>>>>>>Corn ear<<<<<<< dividing "CA-MV"; Reverse: Romanized horse right, branch above, "CVNO" below.

Corn ear? Corn wasn't brought to Britain until after the American continents were discovered by the europeans. That is wheat or those people were really well traveled.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Comments

• Options

there is a way to display a star on a webpage

for "Star" there is a unicode way to display a star on as webpage:
    (link)

There are ways to display foreign "alphabets" and characters, too.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    for those of you who don't want to email stack's

post here

I've sent stack's an email, I will send another with other comments, bugs, and suggestions...

like the "Add to Watchlist" button should turn to "Remove from Watchlist" because it takes too many clicks to remove something from the watchlist.
    ======on grid view, just clicking "watching" does nothing, clicking "watching" on the individual lot goes to the watchlist page where it can be removed
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=the remove -- could be easier to remove multiple items without a full page reload after each remove... how about check boxes and a button?

*bids below the next increment could be discovered sooner in the code.
    =======I receive the error on a bid below the next increment, but at the upper right it shows "My Bids 1" and "My Cart 0." when it should be "My Bids 0" since the bids list is empty (only 1 bid, but that was invalid. Selecting "My Bids 1" returns an empty list)

Preferences -

*No cut bids allowed?

*This menu bar could always be displayed for those logged in:
    My Bidding | My Watchlist | My Consignments | My Orders | My Invoices | My Profile

under this menu bar:
    Browse | Buy | Search | Sell | Events | News | Watch

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even browse lots. The next or last buttons don't work for me.
    Is that not an issue with anyone else??
  • Options

<< <i>I can't even browse lots. The next or last buttons don't work for me.
    Is that not an issue with anyone else?? >>

what browser are you using?

mobile (type and model), laptop (& operating system), desktop (& operating system)?

• Options
    for those of you who don't want to email stack's

post here

<< <i>
    *bids below the next increment could be discovered sooner in the code.
    =======I receive the error on a bid below the next increment, but at the upper right it shows "My Bids 1" and "My Cart 0." when it should be "My Bids 0" since the bids list is empty (only 1 bid, but that was invalid. Selecting "My Bids 1" returns an empty list)

>>

I find the "Bid Amount" on the individual lots somewhat confusing.

link
    Current Bid is $125?
    Or is that the opening bid and there are no bids right now?

If it is an opening bid without any bidders, then 125 should be at the top of the list of 3 on the right of it, not $130 as the top (and should probably read "Bid to open $125")

For instance, someone might think it is already at 125 with 1 bid and then they bid $130, when $125 would have been the lower opening bid.... or.... someone may not bid at all thinking it is fully priced at $125 and just not bid.... all without realizing that no one has opened at $125 yet. It could go unsold this way.

And on top of it all... this is all under the heading "Next Bids" Next? What if there are none yet?

=====================

I notice slab types are listed with the grade, like OGH link, just as Secure Holder previously mentioned. I suggest taking all of this data out of the grade area and putting it in the picture area where the CAC labels are displayed - these type should be able to be filtered - pcgs: rattler, ogh, doily & ngc: no line fattie, old black & anacs: photo cert & others??? -- in addition all will need the qualiity "Sample" (just as grades are + or ★ ) to go with them in case any are sample slabs.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    If the site gets straightened out I will give it a try. No big deal to me if they don't.
  • Options

<< <i>If the site gets straightened out I will give it a try. No big deal to me if they don't. >>

a number of fixes are listed above...

do you have anything to add to the list?

do you use mobile?

bidding obviously works. image

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭
    When looking at a specific lot (say a quarter dollar) and you hit the "back to listing" button, you still go back to square one (half cents).

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options

<< <i>When looking at a specific lot (say a quarter dollar) and you hit the "back to listing" button, you still go back to square one (half cents). >>

got it on first round (above)....

anything else?

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    I just sent Brian this note... It doesn't work. I'll check back periodically but not in a rush cause there are a lot of options of where to buy coins...reliable eCommerce options, anyway image

PS. I'm using Safari on a brand new MacBook Pro.

Select Cents, Nickels, Dimes, Twenty cent, Quarters, Halves, Dollars, Trade, Gold $1, Quarter Eagles, Half Eagles, Eagles, Double Eagles.

Then go down and select 75. Oops, that doesn't work. However, if you select 75 first, then select the coins, then it works.

But wait, now that you have 75 on a page, you cannot click next nor can you click 2 or 3, nothing. You cannot advance to the next page. I've been trying over and over.
  • Options
    DUIGUYDUIGUY Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭
    “A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly."

- Marcus Tullius Cicero, 106-43 BC
  • Options

<< <i>I just sent Brian this note... It doesn't work. I'll check back periodically but not in a rush cause there are a lot of options of where to buy coins...reliable eCommerce options, anyway image

Select Cents, Nickels, Dimes, Twenty cent, Quarters, Halves, Dollars, Trade, Gold $1, Quarter Eagles, Half Eagles, Eagles, Double Eagles.

Then go down and select 75. Oops, that doesn't work. However, if you select 75 first, then select the coins, then it works.

But wait, now that you have 75 on a page, you cannot click next nor can you click 2 or 3, nothing. You cannot advance to the next page. I've been trying over and over.
    >>

it goes deeper than that.

try filtering on reserve or current bid.

neither work. I'm using a safari just like you, but on a pc. Chrome has the issue, too. Other combinations of denomination have the same problem.

I wonder if something "breaks" the auto update used in the filtering code.

I notice that the auto-update stops working around "trade dollar" or "gold dollar" on that list.

• Options
    FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

<< <i>

mobile (type and model), laptop (& operating system), desktop (& operating system)? >>

I'm on my pc now and it seems to work with windows 8.
    My laptop has an older version of windows. It's in the truck and it's raining so I'll check it later.
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>

mobile (type and model), laptop (& operating system), desktop (& operating system)? >>

I'm on my pc now and it seems to work with windows 8.
    My laptop has an older version of windows. It's in the truck and it's raining so I'll check it later. >>

you said you could not browse lots... on what device was that? (same questions as above) ??
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I just sent Brian this note... It doesn't work. I'll check back periodically but not in a rush cause there are a lot of options of where to buy coins...reliable eCommerce options, anyway image

>>

it goes deeper than that.

try filtering on reserve or current bid.

neither work. I'm using a safari just like you, but on a pc. Chrome has the issue, too. Other combinations of denomination have the same problem.

I wonder if something "breaks" the auto update used in the filtering code.

I notice that the auto-update stops working around "trade dollar" or "gold dollar" on that list. >>

got it.... auto update "breaks" after 11 denomination choices. it does not update on the 12th or higher. changing number of items per page "breaks" as do the other filtering options "reserve" and "current price"

wow, some are selecting more than 11.., be nice to have a "clear all" for each filter choice or at least the filter choice with a lot of choices like denominations

• Options
    I won't email this but this is what I'm thinking of right now....

link

• Options
    Some of the same problems appear on mobile safari 7 (latest & greatest)

I do note the use of the browser back button does not clearthe denomination filters, but their back to listing button does

Hit "<" on the browser from a lot to keep you denominations checked.

• Options
    have to document these before I forget them

+I can break "gallery view" and make it display grid view while still indicating it is in gallery view
    +switching between gallery and grid, grid and gallery also wipes out the filter choices
    +layout on mobile - width not working out in a few ways: hover pictures placed too far right so bad it is not useful, gallery is crammed into space making it actually overlap in some ways because it can only handle 3 wide (really 2 wide or resize the photos on mobile). some overlapping or too wide elements in lots. generally not laid out as it needs to be.
    +hover pictures on mobile remain and do not disappear, leaving a few still displayed if those few are viewed via hover
    +and for mobile does it make sense to have 16 (24) 40 in gallery view when it is only 3 wide (really 2 wide is better, or resize the photos) on mobile?
    +sometimes when you select gallery, it will show 16 lots by default but the choice remain 25 50 75 (observed once on desktop chrome & once of mobile safari 7). refresh cured it immediately.
    +when different items per page are selected, do not stay on "page ###" which will leave different lots displayed than before the change... instead recalculate the "page #?#?#" based upon what lot number was at the top... example if on page 3 with 25 per page, go to page 1 if 75 is selected or page 2 if 50 is selected
    +if one has 40 selected in gallery, it seems a good idea to change to 50 per on a switch back to grid view not the 16 default every time, and vice versa.
    +on the aforementioned "update breaks after 11 or 12 denominations" it is actually 11 or 12 check boxes of denomination OR denomination subtype combined. Interesting addition to the problem ... if say 10 are selected, then something like silver dollars is expanded to show all subtypes But Not Selected .... then recollapsed .... THEN selected that will "break" it since there are several subtypes. Sure, only 1 check box will be visible, but to the code it is as if you added checks for each of the subtypes individually.
    +make single click on the denomination text (or other filter or radio button text) do a check box(or radio button) selection and a double click on the text expand or contract any subtype list. sometimes on mobile it can be frustrating to select those check boxes and radio buttons. Clicking the text is easier.
    +Initially, I wasn't aware that the "▸" (arrow) next to the denominations meant it could be clicked and expanded or contracted. (I thought it was a bullet substitute) Consider a "[+]" and "[-]" which is seen more often on web pages to mean "expand" and "contract."
    +If "My Bids #" (# is not 0) is shown, and after the auction has closed ... if that is clicked then an error message is displayed in red that says "Serious error occurred" or some such.
    +there are (were) complaints of slow loads... I haven't checked... do the pages use sprites?
    +minor bug I need to remember

• Options
    bugs sent in ....

I've found about all I'm going to find.

it's up to them now.

if any are found that are not listed... post them here. I'll send them in.

• Options
    new minor bugs found

bidding on 7 lots but it shows "My Bids 0"

oddly enough, looking through lots for a single type in a denomination I found a lot to view. I viewed it, then used the browsers "back button" As usual the checkboxes were cleared. However, when I expanded the denomination to types it showed the list of types twice and both had functionality. It appears this is a sporadic bug that does not always replicate. edit: Ah.... selected the first type in list and viewed first coin in lot listing. Hit the back button and the bug duplicates itself.

I'll report these when they start working on the others. Reason: may as well accumulate as many as possible and send in as a group, there appears to be time to compile a list.

• Options
    donthehilldonthehill Posts: 137 ✭✭✭
    I'm using a PC, win8.1, and on all 3 (IE, Firefox, Chrome), when I click on the "View All Lots" I get a nice white blank section of the screen. No lots are viewable. I see the categories (world paper, US currency, US coins, americana), but clicking on these just returns a blank screen. Pardon my ignorance, but how hard can this be? Oh for the days of TT. Guess I'll go check Heritage. I'll bet there'll be some nice bargains for folks who are able to see lots!

• Options

<< <i>I'm using a PC, win8.1, and on all 3 (IE, Firefox, Chrome), when I click on the "View All Lots" I get a nice white blank section of the screen. No lots are viewable. I see the categories (world paper, US currency, US coins, americana), but clicking on these just returns a blank screen. Pardon my ignorance, but how hard can this be? Oh for the days of TT. Guess I'll go check Heritage. I'll bet there'll be some nice bargains for folks who are able to see lots! >>

Can you try clicking on "1" (for page 1) or "first" to go to page one ?

I have 3 more bugs to add from my attempts to duplicate this. (Note for later documentation needs)

• Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I'm using a PC, win8.1, and on all 3 (IE, Firefox, Chrome), when I click on the "View All Lots" I get a nice white blank section of the screen. No lots are viewable. I see the categories (world paper, US currency, US coins, americana), but clicking on these just returns a blank screen. Pardon my ignorance, but how hard can this be? Oh for the days of TT. Guess I'll go check Heritage. I'll bet there'll be some nice bargains for folks who are able to see lots! >>

Can you try clicking on "1" (for page 1) or "first" to go to page one ?

I have 3 more bugs to add from my attempts to duplicate this. (Note for later documentation needs) >>

I'm having trouble duplicating it. Did the "click on page 1" work?

win 8 / FF
    new bug #1a:
    deselect 2014-Americana
    deselect iAuction 3465 - U.S Coins, U.S Currency and World Paper Money
    select U.S. Coins & Related (3831)

it is now impossible to select "last" or (for this case) the last pagew number "157" (lots per page 25)

new bug #1b:

paging up through the lots, the buttons for next, "143" and last stop working once page 142 is reached - Records: 25 Items 3526 to 3550 of 3922

new bug #2:
    after the above deselections 2 new Categories Appear
    World Coins (32)
    Paper Money (2)

selecting either returns an empty lot listing

new bug #3:

after the above
    re-selecting category "U.S. Coins & Related (3831)"
    nothing appears in the lot listing

addendum bug:
    why is there a "next" or "last" button on the last page. likewise why is there a "first" or "previous" on the first page. perhaps they could be "marked inactive" and unable to "focus" on them.

a previous bug reported by mglicker was not replicable at first. I later found he was talking about mobile.... the last thing tried. This was finally reported in a previous email after I figured out the mobile part. I am just noting this so people will feel encouraged to report bugs despite replicability difficulties on either side. Thought it would help if all the steps it took to get to the position "what's selected" and "what's unselected" would help when reporting bugs. The software given above is a great help but I need more info to replicate the problem.

• Options
    Clicking on the "1" or any of the other "page" numbers does nothing.

It's really weird (perhaps i'm ignorant of some app that needs to be downloaded?)

When I go to the "Buy Direct" section on chrome and click on one of the categories, say "Small Cents", nothing happens. On IE & FF, the same click goes to a subpage with the following text: "To request a license key click here. To purchase SmithCart online visit smithcart.com. Thank you for using SmithCart."

Likewise on all 3 browsers, looking at the archive research page has similar text on the side window regarding "Ask an Expert": "To request a license key click here. To purchase RegPro online visit smithcart.com. Thank you for using RegPro."

• Options
    OK - duh.

Figgered it out. DO NOT go to "stacks.com". Use "stacksbowers.com". Everything fixed. (so they could get the redirect to work better).
  • Options

<< <i>OK - duh.

Figgered it out. DO NOT go to "stacks.com". Use "stacksbowers.com". Everything fixed. (so they could get the redirect to work better). >>

NOTED!

I'd say thank you, but I think SB people need to have an account here to thank everyone in person. :/:/:/:/:/

• Options
    mercurydimeguymercurydimeguy Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Everything is not fixed. I was just on the site over the past few hours.

You select something on the left side, you set page length to 75, you go a page/two into your search, you click on a coin, you press "back" on the browser, you go back to coin 1, page 1.

So what's fixed? The site has been inoperable since launch...clearly they just want you to buy coins but do nothing about the technology to help you do that. And I've given Brian a lot of feedback!

And they when auction is over, your bids go "poof"? You cannot see if you won, lost, or if you bid. They are literally nowhere ... UNLESS ... you were smart enough to "watch" the coin first. If so, then you can go under your watch list and your bids are there, but if you didn't watch the coin, there is no way of seeing your bid history and you don't know the status of the coin (it is nowhere to be found) after its respective auction closes.

Anyhow, I'm a technology guy and having a website not do basic things for so long, especially an eCommerce website, is just downright poor management/leadership. Someone needs to be held accountable and a fix needs to happen asap.

Personally I try to bid every auction and have won a few lots but it is so painful I just give up. I would have probably bid on more/won more if the experience was better...but then again, I've said this all to Brian already.

FWIW, I'm on a Mac and use Safari (or I can also use Chrome).

I am happy to hear that is apparently working for non-Mac users, so at least that's progress...
  • Options
    I have areasonable explanation in mind

but

like I said, I think they need more than some phone calls from the president. They need to activate social media and explain what is really going on. One aspect of social media would be signing up for CoinTalk, NGC, and PCGs forums. Let people know what is going on.

The only thing they really have fixed is mobile is working now, but unfortunately as poorly as desktop. They need to fix this redirect issue with stacks.com, too. As it is, it does not seem to be redirecting at all. That could be done with a call to the ISP.

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tested bidding this week in the weekly sale. The bidding was smooth and easy. I am wondering what I won. If this is a glitch in their system, they should work to fix this ASAP. Wondercoin.
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options

<< <i>I tested bidding this week in the weekly sale. The bidding was smooth and easy. I am wondering what I won. If this is a glitch in their system, they should work to fix this ASAP. Wondercoin. >>

it's been this way since the first weekly iauction image

• Options
    wondercoinwondercoin Posts: 16,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi guys. I easily determined my winning lots by going into "My Account" and then "My Orders" a couple hours after the auction ended.

Wondercoin
    Please visit my website at www.wondercoins.com and my ebay auctions under my user name www.wondercoin.com.
  • Options
    keyman64keyman64 Posts: 15,456 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I clicked on Buy Direct then I clicked on Dimes. I got this. Then if you click on a DENOMINATION on the left, you get a critical error.
    "If it's not fun, it's not worth it." - KeyMan64
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options

<< <i>I clicked on Buy Direct then I clicked on Dimes. I got this. Then if you click on a DENOMINATION on the left, you get a critical error. >>

you are on stacks.com

switch to stacksbowers.com
  • Options

<< <i>

<< <i>I clicked on Buy Direct then I clicked on Dimes. I got this. Then if you click on a DENOMINATION on the left, you get a critical error. >>

you are on stacks.com

switch to stacksbowers.com >>

Their system should redirect to the right place at minimum, it should not toss these errors.
    Looking for Top Pop Mercury Dime Varieties & High Grade Mercury Dime Toners. :smile:
  • Options
    I agree. it's an easy fix. I appears they are running two sets of software instead of redirecting to a single domain.

• Options
    MGLICKERMGLICKER Posts: 7,995 ✭✭✭
    Survived 12 years in the business without a purchase from Stacks. The next 12 years will be fine as well.

Sure sorry that Teletrade is gone though. image
  • Options
    mrearlygoldmrearlygold Posts: 17,858 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I clicked on Buy Direct then I clicked on Dimes. I got this. Then if you click on a DENOMINATION on the left, you get a critical error.
    image >>

Not even a custom cart?

• Options

<< <i>
    Not even a custom cart? >>

I kinda thought the same since I built the very first e-commerce system for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for their season ticket renewal system. I have never in my life seen such a mess from a major company and I have been doing web programming since 1994!
  • Options
    minor bug found on FF desktop

an odd one

Select in Auction Titles
    2014-Americana
    iAuction 3466 - U.S. Coins, Ancient Coins and World Coins

Select in Categories
    U.S. Coins & Related (3555) --- note it says 3555

The lot listing count is 3644

==============

Then De-select
    2014-Americana

Now, the lot listing count matches what is in Category
    U.S. Coins & Related (698)

the lot listing count is 698

==============

Then re-select
    2014-Americana

and De-select

The lot count in Category does not match
    U.S. Coins & Related (2857)

the lot listing count is 2946

===============

De-select Both
    2014-Americana

Category Lot listing says
    U.S. Coins & Related (3555)

the lot listing count says 4012
    at 25 per page, the last page number, 162, is not working. Selecting it does nothing to the lot listing view but it does set the page number to 161 as changing Category to another will leave it on lot 4001 (page 161). The "last" button also does nothing to the lot listing but it does set the page number to 161 (lot 4001).***
    ***This dysfunction was earlier reported as "having no effect." Now, I find the page number does set, but the lots shown does not.

===================
    ===================

using the "prev" button repeatedly does nothing until it reaches page 145 when it finally refreshes the lot list and shows
    Records: 25 Items 3601 to 3625 of 4012

However, from above, there should be a page 146 with lots to 3644

Selecting both Auction Titles refreshes the lot listing and page numbers up to page 146. Now the "146" button and the "next" and "last" buttons work as they should.

====================

The work around here is to make sure the Auction Titles are checked for those auctions desired and not get complacent by not checking them.

Also, since the page number is kept as auction titles and categories are changed, it is recommended to manually set to page 1 before making changes. There are instances where the lots do not appear and the page buttons do not appear with various selections and de-selections if the current page number is very high. Just set it to page one before making changes to selections.

• Options
    One the feb Americana sale, lot 2001 a 1792 half disme showed "PCGS 0" as the grade.

This is incorrect. It is "genuine- damage"

On the above lot in the pricing guide, grade 10 appears before 3, 6 & 8. This problem does not exist in the population report.

Lot 2003 in the Feb Americana auction is a details holder from PCGS. again "pcgs 0" appears as the grade. What's more it is a EF/XF details holder. However, the grdes displayed in the pop report and pricing guide are for grades 1, 2, 3, & 4. These are not meaningful here. However, pricing guides and pop reports for XF/EF coins would not include details graded coins. So, are these guides even applicable or helpful? Well, since I do not collect this material I cannot say. But it something to consider, perhaps in consultation with PCGS and NGC.

Also, on mobile it's only possible to view 1 photo. this is very not good.

• Options
    Another weird bug (maybe seen by others):

when I watch an item, my watch list is populated by the same coin for every previous auction in which it didn't sell. Thus, if the latest auction is the fourth time the same coin has been at auction, I will have 4 items of the same coin, with three of them having ended and the latest one available for bidding. Makes looking at the watch list a pain.

• Options
    When last weeks auction, or was it the week before?, was live "My Bids" showed "0" when it should have been "7"

Now, it shows 7, and it's those closed lots from before.

=============

This is also a reminder to look into placing a follow on bid from the lot listing. There is a report that """potentially""" follow ins don 't work from the lot listing and need to be placed from "My Bids." Even if this is not the problem, the report is an issue with some bids not working from the lot listing.

I'm going to have to test this one when there is something for me to win.

• Options
    I don't se a link to search auction archives on my mobile phone.

• Options
    All by FireFox desktop

All The March 2014 Baltimore Auction

First

US - Currency (1358)
    Paper Money (3)

The 3 "paper money" should be under "US - Currency"

===========================================================

Issue with Page number vs lots displayed

Start:
    make sure just Mar Balt is checked

Select
    "Numismatic Americana (764) "

Select "75" Records (can't you change that to lots?")

Select "Struck Copies of Colonial Coins" (which has a length vs space issue to fix) - watch just lot 2001 appear

Select "Tokens" - watch lots 124 - 198 appear

Select "3" to go to page 3 - now there are lots 274 to 346 (Tokens) & 2001 (Struck Colonial copy)

Issue:
    deselect "Struck Copies of Colonial Coins"
    watch lots 124 - 198 display while text states " Records: 75 Items 151 to 223 of 223 " and "3" is in bold indicating page "3"

(It's displaying page 1 lots but still indicating it's on page 3)

============================================================

• Options
    For iAuction 3469 - U.S. Coins, U.S. Currency and World Paper Money

Bid $0.00 on a lot, it added it to "My Bids" even though it gave the error message.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had many problems with the American auction. I talked to them a few times, and when I broached the subject of site problems I could feel their eyes glazing over through the phone. They just are not concerned about it, which is very short-sighted on their part. Heritage is #1, and their site is super easy to use and better than Stack's in almost every way. Stack's only has Heritage beat with their high resolution photos in my opinion.
    Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    they have fixed some major bugs

Good News - Stack's Now Keeps The Coin Types Checked after returning from viewing a lot

it is much easier to browse and use.

this thread will appear to be all negative because it is being used to list bugs found.

the latest couple are relatively minor.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file