Home Precious Metals
Options

Friday Metal Thread - Dec 27

Bought lots of boring silver this past week. Plus this little gem:

edit to add: the certificate date reads 5 NOV 85 as near as I can tell. Possibly 5 NOV 65.

http://stores.ebay.ca/Mattscoin - Canadian coins, World Coins, Silver, Gold, Coin lots, Modern Mint Products & Collections

Comments

• Options
    ZubieZubie Posts: 1,160 ✭✭✭✭

Eight 10 oz Geiger bars. One was a swap with Nibanny (Thx again Matteo).
    I got ten 50 gm Monarch ingots from my beautiful wife and a 2013 5 oz Silver snake bar from my brother for Christmas.
    My family knows I loves me some silver!!! Haha!!!
    I also bought two 2014 Year of the Horse 1 ounce Gold bars for the boys.

Best. Christmas. Ever.
    Positive BST Transactions with:
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    OperationButterOperationButter Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭
    How are you liking those Geiger bars? They look sweet, never seen one in hand though.
    Gold is for savings. Fiat is for transactions.

BST Transactions (as the seller): Collectall, GRANDAM, epcjimi1, wondercoin, jmski52, wheathoarder, jay1187, jdsueu, grote15, airplanenut, bigole
  • Options

• Options
    I love the Geiger Bars to be honest. The 10oz and kilo bars I'm currently buying are for long term holdings (which could be 10-15-20 years) so, I, really like the security features.
    I think these will be very easy to sell down the road and not have to worry about counterfeit bars like the JM, Engelhard and Sunshine bars that having been popping up lately.

Amigo, my man, I like your styleimage Challenge accepted, I'm buying my metal detector online as we speak...now, what city do you live in...haha!!!
    Overdate, BestMR, Weather11AM, TDEC1000, Carew4me, BigMarty58, Coinsarefun, Golfer72, UnknownComic, DMarks, JFoot13, ElKevvo, Truthteller, Duxbutt, TwoSides2aCoin, PerryHall, mhammerman, Papabear, Wingsrule, WTCG, MillerJW, Ciccio, zrlevin, dantheman984, tee135, jdimmick, gsa1fan, jmski52, SUMORADA, guitarwes, bstat1020, pitboss, meltdown, Schmitz7, 30AnvZ28, pragmaticgoat, wondercoin & MkMan123
  • Options
    rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭
    keceph `anah
  • Options
    bestmrbestmr Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭
    Pokerman, that round is badass. Super cool!

And zubie, sweet pickup as well!!
    Positive dealing with oilstates2003, rkfish, Scrapman1077, Weather11am, Guitarwes, Twosides2acoin, Hendrixkat, Sevensteps, CarlWohlforth, DLBack, zug, wildjag, tetradrachm, tydye, NotSure, AgBlox, Seemyauction, Stopmotion, Zubie, Fivecents, Musky1011, Bstat1020, Gsa1fan several times, and Mkman123 LOTS of times
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice silver bars....I like that box of bars.....would love to find something like that when metal detecting. I know of two troves similar to that ....one gold, the other mixed coins (hundreds of them)....Cheers, RickO
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice!

I'll get to play soon....
  • Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭
    A gift from my Sister, she pulled them from circulation.

• Options
    BaleyBaley Posts: 22,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I remember spending that nickel, please spend it again, a kid was supposed to end up with it.

Liberty: Parent of Science & Industry

• Options
    mrpaseomrpaseo Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭

<< <i>I remember spending that nickel, please spend it again, a kid was supposed to end up with it. >>

It's dateless, I'll release the buffalo into the wild image
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Picked up a few of the 2013 Proof Gold Libertads. Each of these has a mintage of only 300.

Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options
    Those are nice! I'll have to look into those JoeFro!!!
  • Options
    Nice stuff there everyone. Love the Libertads, I've been itching for a 1/10oz gold one lately but made a few purchases recently so I'll have to hold out a little longer. Received the roll of ASE's from Apmex from the special. That was a sweet deal.

Nice Simmons 100oz bar there, I like it.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    joefrojoefro Posts: 1,872 ✭✭
    Don't wait too long! Most of the major dealers have sold all of theirs a while ago and prices have already started going up a bit. It doesn't take long for 300 coins to end up in "strong hands".
    Lincoln Cent & Libertad Collector
  • Options

<< <i>Don't wait too long! Most of the major dealers have sold all of theirs a while ago and prices have already started going up a bit. It doesn't take long for 300 coins to end up in "strong hands". >>

Solid advice there. I've seen that happen more than once. I think I'll put it next on my list for sometime in January.
    Witty sig line currently under construction. Thank you for your patience.
  • Options
    JohnnyCacheJohnnyCache Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    OnlyGoldIsMoneyOnlyGoldIsMoney Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭✭✭