Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

1975 Topps Rack Rip - Poppage!

This one really had some sweet cards in my estimation. Will post some of the better ones. I'm not a '75 guy so if anyone has any opinions, would love to hear them. There were a smattering of fish eyes but pretty sharp all in all.

image[/URL]
Nikklos

Comments

• NikklosNikklos Posts: 1,411 ✭✭✭
    image[/URL]

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

This rack to be continued.
    Nikklos
  • grote15grote15 Posts: 29,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the 75 set! Good luck!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
    Not great but a nice card anyway

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

Nikklos
    image[/URL]

image[/URL]

image[/URL]

Nikklos
  • PaulMaulPaulMaul Posts: 4,680 ✭✭✭✭✭
    With all these nice cards, why is it the Bench that's OC and PD? Oh cruel fate!
    I know, right?? But I will say there were plenty of commons in the rack as bad as Bench. Just posting the pick of the litter.

One more batch to go...
    Nikklos
    Judging by the cards you've posted, you've ripped all but the far section of two ** cards so hope you pull an Aaron or Reggie or Rose in that section!

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • I think the Willie Davis is a very tough one to find centered that well.
    'Sir, I realize it's been difficult for you to sleep at night without your EX/MT 1977 Topps Tom Seaver, but I swear to you that you'll get it safe and sound.'
    -CDs Nuts, 1/20/14

*1956 Topps baseball- 97.4% complete, 7.24 GPA
    *Clemente basic set: 85.0% complete, 7.89 GPA
    image[/URL]

A couple more cards to post.
    Nikklos
    image[/URL]

One more card to post
    Nikklos
    image[/URL]

Whew I'm all ripped out.
    Nikklos
  • Nice job Sir and thanks
    Rice looks very nice!! That card alone if it grades PSA 9 will put you in the black on this rack!

• jordangretzkyfanjordangretzkyfan Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another great rip. that Rice looks like a strong 9. Well done!
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice rack image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    You got some nice cards to send in, especially the Rice.................. Good luck with your sub.
    Thanks guys! I'll keep you posted on the subs. Particularly interested in the Rice, those tough '75s and the '73 Cash.

Devaluing my collection? I wouldn't have a collection if I didn't rip!

Believe me, if I was a billionaire, you'd be seeing tobacco tins being ripped here!
    Nikklos
    That Rice is a $500 card in PSA 9 grade. That will buy you 2 75 racks and that's not including any of the other cards.

<< <i>Hey bro, more power to ya! I just couldn't rip something that's gonna be worth triple the value in a few years, no matter what grade you get on that Rice! You got gralls man!!!!!!! >>

You see common 75 racks rising to $800 in a few years? That would be nice to see indeed, LOL!

• hammeredhammered Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭
    That's a real nice rice
    I'm thinking it's an 8, but really cool to see one pulled.
  • PorkinsPorkins Posts: 604 ✭✭✭

<< <i>Devaluing my collection? I wouldn't have a collection if I didn't rip!

Believe me, if I was a billionaire, you'd be seeing tobacco tins being ripped here! >>

This is why Nikklos is one of my favorite posters here (he had me at the first '70 pack). I feel the exact same way.

Great rip and good luck with your subs!
    Hey thanks Porkins! I'll pick up another '70 pack once I recover from these last few rips!
    Nikklos
    Poppage from the 1975 Rack Rip - think the grading is kind of tough on a few - don't see anything wrong on Davis. But pleased with my Rice!

22462907 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 TOPPS 190 1952-MVP'S BOBBY SHANTZ/HANK SAUER Card
    11 1 22462908 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 TOPPS 191 1953-MVP'S AL ROSEN/ROY CAMPANELLA Card
    12 1 22462909 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 TOPPS 10 WILLIE DAVIS Card
    13 1 22462910 MINT 9 1975 TOPPS 616 ROOKIE OUTFIELDERS (RICE)
    1 22458566 MINT 9 1975 TOPPS 77 RICHIE ZISK Card
    7 1 22458567 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 TOPPS 51 BOB FORSCH Card
    8 1 22458568 NEAR MINT-MINT 8 1975 TOPPS 200 1962-MVP'S MICKEY MANTLE/MAURY WILLS Card
    9 1 22458569 NEAR MINT-MINT+ 8.5 1975 TOPPS 81 RON REED
    Nikklos
    Nice work on the Rice! That catd pays for the rack and then some!

• jmaciujmaciu Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭
    Nice work!!
  • Very nice sub. Congrats
  • Bosox1976Bosox1976 Posts: 8,528 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome image
    Mike
    Bosox1976
  • Loyalty32Loyalty32 Posts: 497 ✭✭✭
    Nice Rice!

Thanks
    Craig
    Thanks guys - the rack was definitely worth the rip!
    Nikklos
  • lahmejoonlahmejoon Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭
    Nice Rice! Congrats!
  • esquiresportsesquiresports Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭
    Very nice! I was puling for a 9 on the Reed and Davis for you. Those must have been very close.
    Always buying 1971 OPC Baseball packs.
  • What was your initial reaction when you finally saw poppage and glanced at the Rice ?

<< <i> What was your initial reaction when you finally saw poppage and glanced at the Rice ? >>

It was a huge sigh of relief!

<< <i>Very nice! I was puling for a 9 on the Reed and Davis for you. Those must have been very close. >>

Thanks! I have to take a real close look at the Davis when I get it back. I forget what the numbers are for the Reed but I really was hoping that was a gem too.

As an aside, for those who saw the 1973 rack rip threads, Norm Cash and Sal Bando got 9s. Have to really scrutinize them too. So far, those racks were certainly not worth the price of admission!

Nikklos
  • SmokieSmokie Posts: 393 ✭✭✭
    It doesn't get any better than that. Rice and Zest are good ones to get in a 9 especially Rice.
  • DboneesqDboneesq Posts: 18,220 ✭✭
    Congrats on the RICE!!!
    STAY HEALTHY!

Doug

Liquidating my collection for the 3rd and final time. Time for others to enjoy what I have enjoyed over the last several decades. Money could be put to better use.
  • TheDudeAbidesTheDudeAbides Posts: 398 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the Rice, they are tough on 75's.
    Collecting 64, 66, 67, 70 & 71 Baseball. Cubs, wax, cello & rack baseball.
  • woah woah woah very nice !!
    I edit almost all my posts because my auto correct is crazy !
  • Congrats in the rice. You got me thinking I may sub some of mine again. But the 70 lead times are daunting.